• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Mafia TBT Newbie Game VII: The Daily Tragedy - Town win

if cop outs it could be like auto

im basically clear and:

1. Amanda1983 - 80% town
2. Sparro* - 50% maf
3. Iwaseleanor - 100% town
5. Nightmares - 60% town
6. Menchie - 60% town
7. Arstotzkan [IC] - 100% town
8. Toadsworthy [SE] - 50% maf

check sparro or toads, if one is town lynch the other. then check nightmares or menchie

worst case scenario doc dies n1 but you'll still have two clears

best case scenario doc lives and cop has a report on someone that's not doc

but if cop doesn't out they can die and we will only have doc left (who won't be able to out)

- - - Post Merge - - -

lmao sparro

maybe you should read the thread before making a read on me

- - - Post Merge - - -

o man both toads & sparro are so scummy maybe they're both scum xd

if cop outs it could be like auto

im basically clear and:

1. Amanda1983 - 80% town
2. Sparro* - 50% maf
3. Iwaseleanor - 100% town
5. Nightmares - 60% town
6. Menchie - 60% town
7. Arstotzkan [IC] - 100% town
8. Toadsworthy [SE] - 50% maf

check sparro or toads, if one is town lynch the other. then check nightmares or menchie

worst case scenario doc dies n1 but you'll still have two clears

best case scenario doc lives and cop has a report on someone that's not doc

but if cop doesn't out they can die and we will only have doc left (who won't be able to out)

- - - Post Merge - - -

lmao sparro

maybe you should read the thread before making a read on me

Well, you pushed away from it but you still haven't given any more justification towards a toad lynch or a lynch on me. The only thing you have on me is pushing early on Menchie and you haven't given hindsight into anything else. And your only reasoning for a toad lynch seems to be on (I believe) and RQS or something along the lines of that.

I'm all down for the cop revealing themselves and expecting one of us. I'll definitely return town so if you want to confirm that you can.

Holley guacamole!!!

GG Fleshy, you played that pitch-perfectly at the end, I don't think there was anything you could have done better/differently to get the votes the other way by then. I think I wrote in the rush that you not claiming was a deciding factor but I didn't explain myself properly (I may or may not have been "helping" Mr 18 months build a DUPLO block tower throughout all those posts.. one-handed typing for the win!). With entropy set on El *not* being Mafia, that would have decided my vote.

I'm still out currently and will need a nap once home and kiddo-free, but as soon as I can I will be going back over everything here.

Yay!

:D

Well, you pushed away from it but you still haven't given any more justification towards a toad lynch or a lynch on me. The only thing you have on me is pushing early on Menchie and you haven't given hindsight into anything else. And your only reasoning for a toad lynch seems to be on (I believe) and RQS or something along the lines of that.

I'm all down for the cop revealing themselves and expecting one of us. I'll definitely return town so if you want to confirm that you can.

I mean I have justified toads lynch. several times

I only found your initial behavior scummy, but not scummy enough to lynch you over. i literally said you were a bad lynch on d1 so of course I wasn't trying to justify your lynch on D1.

you started off pretty strong and then told menchie that joking around doesn't belong in mafia, and it rose a red flag. I stated you were a bad lynch (because you were giving good input overall) and then once something was said to you about menchie, you left and didn't come back til this afternoon.

you said you were busy, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I'm now going by process of elimination because of the votes. and your read on me doesn't really help yourself considering i would be an incredibly terrible mafia player if i was on a team with fleshy

Entropy said:
o man both toads & sparro are so scummy maybe they're both scum xd

yeah were working together.... still don't see how everything I just said could make you think I'm scummy. Unless you think I'm just taking the obvious route and reporting all that information to look pro-town af. You give me too much credit if you think I just said all that stuff and I'm mafia

But we both know you give me no credibility whatsoever so I don't know why you wouldn't take what I said for face value.

yeah were working together.... still don't see how everything I just said could make you think I'm scummy. Unless you think I'm just taking the obvious route and reporting all that information to look pro-town af. You give me too much credit if you think I just said all that stuff and I'm mafia

But we both know you give me no credibility whatsoever so I don't know why you wouldn't take what I said for face value.

pro tip if you want me to think its not you then tell me who you think it is and why they're a better lynch

you can't just expect me to town read you and then make it seem like it's a personal issue I have against you because I don't tr you

I mean I have justified toads lynch. several times

I only found your initial behavior scummy, but not scummy enough to lynch you over. i literally said you were a bad lynch on d1 so of course I wasn't trying to justify your lynch on D1.

you started off pretty strong and then told menchie that joking around doesn't belong in mafia, and it rose a red flag. I stated you were a bad lynch (because you were giving good input overall) and then once something was said to you about menchie, you left and didn't come back til this afternoon.

you said you were busy, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I'm now going by process of elimination because of the votes. and your read on me doesn't really help yourself considering i would be an incredibly terrible mafia player if i was on a team with fleshy

I'm not gonna jump on a toad lynch unless we can be clarification through the cop. Would it be better for them to not claim tonight and next day, or do it tonight with a doctor? Since, for all we know, that Mafia member could see it coming and knock somebody else off the list instead, and we would just get bamboozled.

I'm not gonna jump on a toad lynch unless we can be clarification through the cop. Would it be better for them to not claim tonight and next day, or do it tonight with a doctor? Since, for all we know, that Mafia member could see it coming and knock somebody else off the list instead, and we would just get bamboozled.

who do you think it is then

cop should just out since if we have a cop we have a doctor

pro tip if you want me to think its not you then tell me who you think it is and why they're a better lynch

you can't just expect me to town read you and then make it seem like it's a personal issue I have against you because I don't tr you

I'll give you an option when I'm good and ready, I just narrowed it down to three and some I had as null or town so I'm gonna need to look over their posts. I have been more analytical, way more helpful, and less emotional (not devoid of emotions but work in progress) not to mention cognizant of how sucky and annoying I was last game. People offer other opinions about it, I answered your questions and concerns about me, but you're still relentless. I don't get it and if you would like to post an actual full case about me I'm sure other people would benefit because you think I'm sus but lots of others are on the fence or town lean me. Enlighten us.

And before you go there I know this ATE and I don't care. Its literally what I do.

who do you think it is then

cop should just out since if we have a cop we have a doctor

If you're asking me about who is cop, I have no idea
I guess your right then, cop should reveal themselves

- - - Post Merge - - -

Off to bed now, I'll hopefully be a bit more active tomorrow.

If you're asking me about who is cop, I have no idea
I guess your right then, cop should reveal themselves

- - - Post Merge - - -

Off to bed now, I'll hopefully be a bit more active tomorrow.

I meant who do you think is mafia

Okay so if I'm right then green is town, light green is town lean, grey is null, orange is scum-lean and red is scum-lock?
Let's hope
If not somebody correct me

1. Amanda1983: Town-lean. It's only day one and nothing can be so sure but I feel as if Amanda is town. She's asking questions freely, and she isn't hanging around in the shadows.
2. Sparro
3. Iwaseleanor: Two people have voted for El and I think it's for a random majority lynch to get the game moving or something along those lines?
4. Fleshy: I've heard multiple people telling me that my initial thoughts of Fleshy hanging in the shadows is wrong, and that doing just that is his playstyle.
5. Nightmares: Can't put much on you rn, I don't know your playstyle just yet.
I am curious though, in your most recent post you had me as null. You did not give any reasoning towards why I was null other than "He's just trying to get the game going". Do you mean that my posts have come across as suspicious?
6. Menchie: Gonna take you off null and read you as a town lean. Other than a bit of a confusing RQS, you haven't posted anything gravely suspicious.

These reads may seem a little weak but I don't have that much time (Homework then soccer practice) so just bear with me
I can't finish the rest of my reads since rn I'm only left with like an hour and a half to do a ton of homework so when I get back I'll do my best

Oh well no, I'm just saying I haven't seen any scummy posts....or Town....y....posts
I'm just not really sure that's why I put you as null lmao

Also yayy omg we got scum D1!
I didn't see that at all >.>

Aay we got the roleblocker :D

I'm honestly not for the cop revealing. Yeah they'll be protected, but there'd be other people who have really good content who would be basically a guarentee kill. And those would be pretty huge losses.

As for who we lynch next, I'm honestly thinking Sparro or Menchie. I'm not seeing the tone that entropy's seeing with Menchie, and they've done themselves no favors in my eyes. Sparro well... his last posts have been pretty damn sketchy. I think it's of note his reads of Fleshy and El were totally objective and had no opinion whatsoever, which were the two lynch candidates.

Call me blind to ATE, but I'm honestly landing on the preservation for reputation side of the coin for toads. Factoring in his more guarded mindset due to last game (I remember what he was like - he literally sent me an apology PM. That game had an impact on the poor guy), his actions make sense to me.

@Sparro Mind answering those clarification questions I had for you? Also - surprised you never came in at some point during the day to vote against entropy, or to voice any reservations against voting for El or Fleshy with entropy being a more likely scum candidate (in your eyes).

There was Imprison the criminals mafia (discord/pm), Murder Mystery Mafia (discord/pm) and A Game of Mafia (that's the only non-PM one, also my first game).

Thanks for the clarification, I see where you're coming from there then, I didn't put much thought into my answers really but I mean it was "ofc!" with the "!" that must denote some energy at least lmao. Oh yeah oops, I misread there and thought she was saying she wanted to PL me.

Honestly at this point I'm not too sure on who'd be a good lynch target, I'm slightly wary of entropy, not like omgus or whatever, I just find it odd how she voiced he opinions or "pushed" toad and I like that so early on, knowing (i assume) that neither of us react well under pressure (or however you'd word it). Surely we're both pretty easy targets to paint as scummy early on, I'm not saying that's what she's doing or that that's her intention at all, I just see it as a possibility. I mean, I would say that it's unlikely that scum would be so out there and bold early on, but it is a newbie game and i feel like being a strong and voiced player (especially as scum) would be highly beneficial in this game as new players might be likely to sheep said strong players. She did just mention Toad and i right away witout any explination, only to expand on it later. I'm null on Nightmares and Iwaseleanor mainly due to lack of posts, and Amanda, Mechie, Toads and likely Sparro are the ones I'm townreading right now, I find you pretty hard to read, especially considering you're IC here so your posts are different

Amanda1983
Sparro
Iwaseleanor
Nightmares
Menchie
Arstotzkan
Toadsworthy
Entropy

I have Nightmares null due to lack of posts and Iwaseleanor null/slightly sus due to the fact she only posted the RQS's but as mentioned by others, I do find the answer to this question a little weird:

though i feel like it's probably just nit-picking and she hasn't said anything else yet so there's not much to go off, so i'm holding off just now.

Amanda hasn't said too much in the way of actual solid contribution in comparison to the last game, I see this as even more of a reason to towread her as if she's town she won't have the help of her scumbuddies, and will have to put more effort into scumhunting. None of her posts seem off at all, she seems to be helping and coming across town, despite the lack of solid opinions. I'm also mainly townreading Sparro at the moment, he seems to be actively trying to scumhunt, at first I found his jump on Menchie to be slightly off, but really i don't think there's anything to it, i'm just not 100% sure here. I have Kat on null as honestly I find her hard to read, especially as she's IC here, I'm not sure how much of a part that plays, but it adds more.

I mentioned my slight suspensions on entropy previously, I understand her points on me and I understand why she voted me although i find inactivity/lurking a pretty weak reason for lynching someone. I find her push on toads overall just off, as I said before, it seems like an attempt to pressure the more emotional players, therefore benefiting herself if she were mafia. It's bold to be so forward as mafia, but in this game set up i honestly see it working here. I understand her push on toads now that she's expanded on it (not that I agree, but I understand) but what I don't get is why she didn't give reasons right away? why she just mentioned PL, for little or weak reasoning and left it at that for ages.
These are Fleshy's reads throughout the game (added color for the first one).

His read on Menchie was inconsistent. It changed from as a dark green read, like what the others were described as to barely even a town lean. As for Sparro, it was a town lean.

Gonna look at this more later, but I actually have class today. Gonna post it as a reference in the meanwhile.

aay lmao time for triple posts

I think it's kinda important to figure how the relationships between each person and Fleshy here. Considering Fleshy is mafia, the other mafia buddy is going to know that Fleshy is mafia whereas the rest of town won't, so there should be a difference in how the two interact.

Looking at the votes first:

1. Amanda1983: Voted against Fleshy, and was the lock-in vote. Very likely town.
2. Sparro
3. Iwaseleanor: Counterwagon to Fleshy. Voted Fleshy out of necessity, so she's still in my POE. That being said, being counterwagon to scum is pretty unlikely as a fellow scum, so it's a lower chance than normal. Still got my eyes on her, though.
5. Nightmares: Voted Iwase very early on.
6. Menchie: Voted against Iwase, and would have been lock-in if she posted a few seconds faster.
8. Toadsworthy [SE]: Advocated Iwase lynch.
9. Entropy [SE]: Advocated Fleshy lynch.

This leaves these guys in my POE:
2. Sparro*
3. Iwaseleanor
5. Nightmares
6. Menchie
8. Toadsworthy [SE]

Now for behavior outside of lynch:

Sparro's the one who pointed out seeing Fleshy first. Honestly, I don't think he'd do this as scum. I still see him as pretty damn sus, but him calling out his teammate right off of the bat? He could have easily let it slide. He also is the third person to call out Fleshy.

Reading back on his ATE's cringeworthy, but El had no real connection to Fleshy in thread. He mentioned Fleshy was sus, and then nothing else really. Probably because he wasn't on until EOD. I'd think if she were mafia, she'd try to generate some sort of 3rd wagon though, which she didn't. So probably town.

Nightmares said she wasn't really sus of Fleshy at all, but didn't really try to do any defending of him, and voted Iwase to try to reach majority. Which that's kinda suspect, looking back.

Menchie didn't really interact with Fleshy much either. She asked for clarification on why people were suspecting Iwase and Fleshy, and then decided to go Iwase. She was active up until Fleshy started getting questioned, then she dropped off the face of the earth until EOD. Definitely suspect.

Toads at first defended Fleshy, then grew suspicious, but in the end voted for Iwase. Honestly, his reasonings were pretty valid, and I tend to think mafians hide among the sheep, whereas he was a main force behind the wagon. But this did try to deflect a wagon off of a mafian, which can't be ignored.

So if I had to guess, I'd say Menchie is the last scum. Nightmares and Toads are on my radar too. I heavily townread Nightmares before, but her excessive questioning of herself has gotten kinda suspect at this point. I honestly don't think it's Toads, but considering his interactions with Fleshy and his opinion of him, I feel like it'd be dumb for me to not include him.

Fleshy's shaky read of Menchie has my eye raised too. He also null read Nightmares and heavily townread Toads, which I don't think scum would outright heavily townread their scum partner. So that points me to Menchie again.

What does a roleblocker do? and fleshy was mafia, right? So theres only one mafia person left?
All roles are explained in the OP.
OP on roleblocker said:
You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional PT, located here, where you may talk at all times.

And yes, there is one mafian left.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And Fleshy was mafia, almost forgot to answer that lol

So people who didn't vote Fleshy are suspicious because the wouldn't want to kill their mafia team?

Sorry for so many questions just clarafying (cant spell rip)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Any thoughts on my suspicion of you?

What other things have I done BESIDES not voting for fleshy? It's true I was gone till RIGHT at the EOD (thanks busy schedule smh) so I didn't get much time to see any reasonings against Fleshy. I really only saw stuff about iwase and that influenced me to vote for her.

Back