• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Stubborn villagers?

Panduhh

-monium♫
Bells
Red Tulip
White Tulip
Yellow Tulip
Lump of Coal
Timmy Christmas Doll
Jingle Christmas Doll
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Pumpkin Cupcake
Ancient Candle
Do you have any villagers that just REFUSE to move out? I have 2 cycling towns with 2 specific villagers that just WILL NOT LEAVE. In my first town of Nirn, Marshal WILL. NOT. PING. He's been with me since the beginning (one of my very first move ins after my original 5) and in the town of Disaster, Wolfgang wont leave!

I do the cycling method where I always have someone in boxes, they just wont go!
Anyone else have this problem?

I have that problem with Annalisa. She was an original in my town and she never pings for anything, much less to move. I have 9/10 cats in that town and she's the only thing in my way from getting my 10th and finishing my plans to landscape and such. It's such a pain.

I just want Wolfgang in my main town, and he just.. wont MOVE! I would take someone else but honestly, I want someone who if they don't end up leaving for a while I'm not going to totally hate them. I would consider other villagers but no decent ones have moved into Disaster lately and I've been on the same day (on my main game) for over a month waiting on a decent villager to pop up and I can't catch a break

Do you have any villagers that just REFUSE to move out? I have 2 cycling towns with 2 specific villagers that just WILL NOT LEAVE. In my first town of Nirn, Marshal WILL. NOT. PING. He's been with me since the beginning (one of my very first move ins after my original 5) and in the town of Disaster, Wolfgang wont leave!

I do the cycling method where I always have someone in boxes, they just wont go!
Anyone else have this problem?
do you use the foolproof cycling method? i've had this issue in my cycling towns as well and apparently it's a common issue. the only way i've managed to fix it is to break the cycle and tt day by day until i get a ping and then restart the cycle. D:​

Colton and Opal have never pinged to move. Opal is one of my five original villagers. I'd really like them to move out so I can move in the rest of my desired villagers but it's always someone that I definitely want to stay! If anyone cracks the code on this, let me know :>

do you use the foolproof cycling method? i've had this issue in my cycling towns as well and apparently it's a common issue. the only way i've managed to fix it is to break the cycle and tt day by day until i get a ping and then restart the cycle. D:​

I do..
I get villager in boxes. S/Q
TT one year 5 days backwards S/Q
TT one year forward S/Q
TT 5 days forward and I have a new villager and one in boxes :[

I do..
I get villager in boxes. S/Q
TT one year 5 days backwards S/Q
TT one year forward S/Q
TT 5 days forward and I have a new villager and one in boxes :[
yep, that's what i do too. my box date was 3/18 for a long time until i cycled through like 50+ villagers and couldn't get rid of paula. i had to tt day by day and talk to all the villagers, essentially play normally until someone pinged, and then i started the cycling method again, and she finally moved.​

Last edited:
Fuchsia offered to leave my town dozens of times when I was trying to unlock all of the Uchi Public Works Projects recommendations. Now that I've acquired all of them from her, she refuses to ping to leave. It's pretty annoying.

I reset my town last week. My old town was made a year ago. Cheri was one of the original villagers and SHE NEVER MOVED. The only one I wanted to move out and she never did uggg I was so mad

Wow I am so glad I'm not the only one. I have thought of erasing my town so many times because Hans has been the ONLY one to not move out or ask me to move and he was the first villager I had.

It's beyond annoying and frustrating...

When I had to give Grizzly to someone he took two full days to cycle him out! When I would check up on him he would have visitors over all the time as if he knew that he was going to move.

Someone wanted Tangy and it took me 8+ hours to try to get Tangy to move out -.-
Everyone else pinged me to move atleast twice, but Tangy didn't budge at all

I can't say I have had this problem too much. I know they say its random but my method was if someone wasn't asking to move then I would up my friendship level with them for a bit then ignore them and it always worked. and this was for 2 towns all transferring them over to cats. I also did the 2 days forward then one day back method of time traveling. worked like a charm. I don't know if it might work for you but try it for a bit. I find that if you up your friendship level with them for a bit then ignore them for a day or two that was when they would ping at least for me it worked. I also never do the year method either I have NEVER had any good results. I did it twice and it didnt work as well as going two days forward then one day back check around then if I needed to go one more day I would go back one more day.

Yes! In my town, it was Pietro. He just would not leave. In my cycling town, it was, i think Beau? Literally DECADES passed and he would not budge.

And then he did... Only to move back in rather quickly. Weird, right?

Frank has been in my town for almost two years. I mean, he's a nice villager and all but I would like to change up my villager register!

I had the same problem with beardo once. No matter what I do, he just wouldn't move. I've never hated a villager that much.

I had that same problem with Erik in my cycle town. 100+ villagers have moved out, while he was still there..

I had also a similar problem a few days ago with Lucy. Whatever I do, she doesn't ping me to move out.
It was annoying, because in this time, all my another villagers (which I don't want to lose) wanted to
move out, but not Lucy, which I want to get rid of. :mad: After a while, where I just ignored her, she
finally wants to move out.

I guess ill try breaking the cycle to see if that helps, then if not, ill try working on my friendship with him.. but I don't know how that's goingto work because typically in my cycling town I talk to the villagers... 0 times. Lol

Back