• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Storage

mandercakez

Bells
Cake
New Year's Party Popper
Oh my gosh, how do you guys store all of your stuff? I am running out of room, my town is so cluttered, I don't even know what to do. I'm ashamed of how messy everything is but I just dont have room :x

I try and sell anything that I'm not immediately using that is reorderable through the catalog. If I need it again for some reason in the future, I can just buy it again.

Unorderable stuff, or stuff that I'm trying to save for some reason (Perfect Fruit to sell in another town, etc) I usually end up cramming in the Museum. If you pack items in with no walkways, you can actually fit an enormous amount of stuff in each room.

I try and sell anything that I'm not immediately using that is reorderable through the catalog. If I need it again for some reason in the future, I can just buy it again.

Unorderable stuff, or stuff that I'm trying to save for some reason (Perfect Fruit to sell in another town, etc) I usually end up cramming in the Museum. If you pack items in with no walkways, you can actually fit an enormous amount of stuff in each room.

This. Also, worse comes to worse you make second character. Even if you never develop that character, if you go to the train station, you get another closet, as it were.

I use my other three characters to store un-orderable items and just have clothes in my own storage. Anything that is re-orderable through the catalog I sell.

You can put things in the museum?! why did I never know this -_-

If you run out of room, you can always store things in the post office attached to letters (be sure to write on the letter what you are attaching because it makes it easier to go back and find later). There is the same amount of room there as there is in your locker, it is just not as easily accessible.

I throw almost everything away as soon as I put it in my pocket, unless it can't be ordered. I comb through the catalogue now and then to see what I had and what would look good in my house. I dump stuff in the museum exhibits too but mostly gyroids / villager pictures / and furniture sets I like but aren't using. Also, I don't really care about the perfect town rating since I already achieved it a while ago, so I have a lot of perfect fruit baskets / gems and the like lying around.

Have you unlocked the second floor of the museum? If you have, you can pay to use up to 4 different rooms to store things in (by talking to Celeste).

I divided my three sections as so:

Section 1: Clothes/accessories
Section 2: Anything that cannot be reordered (Saharah and Gracie stuff mostly) but I also have some of this stuff shoved into a museum room.
Section 3: Other stuff that I want to store for whatever reason.

When a section gets full, I have to get rid of something. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Pretty much what Xanarcah said - I used to hoard every little thing like there's no tomorrow, but I've learned to let go of the reorderable stuff, and shoved everything that's not orderable in the museum. I only use section A and about 2 pages of section B, since I like to save space for turnips.

I also have two other characters, but I use them to hold flowers and hybrids at the moment, but if it comes down to it I could use them for furniture too, since there's limited space in the museum.

Another tip for those that do use the museum, I don't do this myself but I saw it on a tumblr; if you gift-wrap items and just put them on the museum floor, it saves a ton of space. Problem is, you'd have to either remember exactly what's what or unwrap it to know what it is, since it's only called "present" once it's wrapped.

Last edited:
I have either put them into empty letter and store unused unorderable items to my mailbox, and also 2nd character to store gardening sapling and plant =x

In addition to the Museum shop, you can actually use the mail letter storage at the post office as a form of item storage. Just make sure you got alot of mail!

Last edited:
In addition to the Museum shop, you can actually use the mail letter storage at the post office as a form of item storage. Just make sure you got alot of mail!

For better idea, buy lots of paper from TnT and write the items you want to put eg: coconut then you place coconut to that letter. This will allow you to find your items easier later from TONS of mail you keep rather than take it out >save mailbox> take into inventory and see, oh no not what you want >put back to letter >save mail.

Storage is probably my main pet peeve about AC ;A;

I just go around it by making extra characters, though that's not even enough. So I actually only keep the ones I need (unorderables and important DLCs). Other than that, the rest are all dumped in the beach right now as my town is currently in progress of a make over

Back