• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

Starting villager order?

tsunaide

Bells
Hi, I've been trying to do some research about the order of the 3 villagers that move in when you make the plots at the start of the game. I've seen people say that the order of these villagers are lazy, peppy, then normal. Then Nookapedia says "The next 3 villagers that move onto the island will be peppy, normal, and lazy respectively".

Looking at old screenshots of my island, they moved in in a different order. First Paolo (lazy), then Lily (normal), then Cookie (peppy). Is there even a rhyme or reason to this order?
1656695856991.png

Last edited:
I’ve never even heard of that being a thing also not sure why it matters? does that have any other affect on game?

I can’t remember who my first other villager outside of my two starters was but I could swear it was either Marina or Zucker. She’s a normal and he’s a lazy i believe.

So i guess it was in the order because I also remember Ruby having that awful house. My guess would be you probably aren’t remembering correctly? or the theory is wrong all together. I’ve never heard anything about that so i’m not entirely sure.

It’s in the order of which house you finish first. I tested it on my restart: finish the house interior and exterior, then go in- and outside of a building. This will prompt the ‘sold’ sign on your plot. With all 3 plots sold, the plot which was sold first will also be occupied by a villager first.

It’s in the order of which house you finish first. I tested it on my restart: finish the house interior and exterior, then go in- and outside of a building. This will prompt the ‘sold’ sign on your plot. With all 3 plots sold, the plot which was sold first will also be occupied by a villager first.
ohh i see! thank you!

Like Sander said, it’s based on which house you complete first. Plot 1 is the lazy villager, plot 2 is peppy, plot 3 is normal

The only reason I can see why this matters is it determines what order your houses appear in on the map. If you want a certain aesthetic for your map, I guess the order of your villagers is important. Truthfully, I couldn’t care less about the order of mine.

Last edited:
Back