Stabbing Attack Leaves 19 disabled people dead and 46 Wounded in Japan

Some people have every right to be vengeful.
The bleeding hearts brigade may change their minds when something happens to them...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Besides which, the point was made that it would be terribly inhumane to make him suffer, ignoring the evil and inhumane thing he did to innocent and vulnerable people.
You reap what you sow. There are some evil people who take and destroy lives without any remorse. I don't see why they should be allowed a life after ruining somebody else's....
No, they do not. Being vengeful is never the best answer as it's highly immature and counterproductive. You can get past the trauma that happened without needing revenge and no form of revenge will bring anyone dead back, it's a waste of time.

It would still be a terrible inhumane thing to make him suffer, as it would not have any purpose outside of people having a ''justice served'' fetish. I believe it's much better to not perpetrate the morals these murderers might have, and instead challenge their morals by rehabilitating or imprisoning them. By torturing someone who tortured others, you're showing the world that you're willing to act just as bad as them, even if you could have the power of being the bigger person. And also, nobodys ignoring what he did, some of us just prefer actual justice instead of the ''justice served'' fetish. Eye for an eye is not actual justice.

To add, you honestly cannot tell if a person will become vengeful after something personally happens to them. It's of course possible that they feel this way because nothing has actually happened to them, but some people are simply not vengeful and see no point in vengeance in the real world.

I'm afraid that actually some people do have every right to feel vengeful. Speaking from experience, knowing somebody was sat in prison for 18 months didn't help me any.
That wasn't justice and I could care less if he turned up tomorrow and apologised for everything. It wouldn't take back what happened. And there are many people in the exact same position. Being told to feel compassion for these people does not sit well with me in the slightest.
I don't consider that any kind of justice, I'm afraid.

Lmao I saw him on the Japanese news a few days ago and he was like smiling so creepily and ****?? So weird

But anyway I think he could be killed...I'm not saying /should/ here because I have hardly any knowledge on this, but I think it's fine if he recieves the death penalty tbh

And everyone's like "but u'd b no bettr than him!!1" but it's kinda strange to say that. Like, being alright with a psycho being killed =/= actually stabbing 65 people
Anyway, humans are stupid lmao. He's just a stranger to me.

Lmao I saw him on the Japanese news a few days ago and he was like smiling so creepily and ****?? So weird

But anyway I think he could be killed...I'm not saying /should/ here because I have hardly any knowledge on this, but I think it's fine if he recieves the death penalty tbh

And everyone's like "but u'd b no bettr than him!!1" but it's kinda strange to say that. Like, being alright with a psycho being killed =/= actually stabbing 65 people

I wouldn't define him as a psycho. Just evil....and these people are everywhere these days, unfortunately.
How many attacks have we read this year alone? It's only getting worse :(

I wouldn't define him as a psycho. Just evil....and these people are everywhere these days, unfortunately.
How many attacks have we read this year alone? It's only getting worse :(
Well I would've just said evil, but the way he was smiling to the cameras and how he looked like he was really enjoying it...? Lmao idk

And yeah, wtf

Well I would've just said evil, but the way he was smiling to the cameras and how he looked like he was really enjoying it...? Lmao idk

And yeah, wtf

That was one of my points, some people just won't feel compassion for what they've done. Some even appear to enjoy the notoriety....

At least he is around to face some sort of 'justice' though. The terrorist attacks that have been happening, the poor families didn't even get the chance the see the killer locked away.
Just a dreadful world at the minute...

Last edited:
lol, not saying u as personal individuals have to feel anything for anyone. you can have whatever opinions and feelings, it's all cool. you don't have to forgive people for what they've done to you, even if they have been in prison and finished their sentence. you get to hate them and want them to die as much as you can.
but a government and a society as a whole should not sentence people to death, they should not have personal hatred for someone.

if someone has finished their sentence they have, to society, done what they have to do. but that doesn't mean that the individuals that their crime affected have to forgive them. because no matter what the culprit does now, it's too late for them to make whatever they did not happen.

but !!
know what's great? a government and law enforcing thingy aren't individuals w/ personal opinions or stuff like that. punishments are there not only to keep dangerous criminals out from society, but also to make them lawful citizens again. prison is not there as revenge. and killing ppl off because of crimes they commited (especially if u say that someone deserves to die bc of it) is rly just revenge, which governments shouldnt be doing. lol.

I posted this link and a couple of others on the death penalty thread. The other links cover when and how the death penalty was abolished in Australia, as well the details of the single biggest and most horrific mass murder shooting in Australia's recent history, the Port Arthur Massacre, which happened in 1996 when I was almost 13 years of age. The case and the legal and political fallout continued to dominate the news for years, and our gun laws were immediately tightened to be some of the toughest in the world. This was done with bipartisan support, and overwhelming support from the public including gun owners directly affected by the laws. This murderer chased down Alannah Louise Mikac, 6, to kill her after murdering her sister Madeline Grace Mikac, 3, and mother Nanette Patricia Mikac, 36 - who had died first, begging for her daughters lives to be spared. He was sentenced to 35 life sentences (one for each life he took) and another 1,035 years for his crimes. He will never be released. But the death penalty was never on the table for him, and if ever there was a case for it, it would be this one.

Anyway. I wanted to share this link here because it outlines why I am against the death penalty.

http://www.amnesty.org.au/adp/comments/2003/

lol, not saying u as personal individuals have to feel anything for anyone. you can have whatever opinions and feelings, it's all cool. you don't have to forgive people for what they've done to you, even if they have been in prison and finished their sentence. you get to hate them and want them to die as much as you can.
but a government and a society as a whole should not sentence people to death, they should not have personal hatred for someone.

if someone has finished their sentence they have, to society, done what they have to do. but that doesn't mean that the individuals that their crime affected have to forgive them. because no matter what the culprit does now, it's too late for them to make whatever they did not happen.

but !!
know what's great? a government and law enforcing thingy aren't individuals w/ personal opinions or stuff like that. punishments are there not only to keep dangerous criminals out from society, but also to make them lawful citizens again. prison is not there as revenge. and killing ppl off because of crimes they commited (especially if u say that someone deserves to die bc of it) is rly just revenge, which governments shouldnt be doing. lol.

Hope you don't think my comments were aimed at what you've posted, (I know it's your thread I've also commented on) we all have our own opinions after all and I thought yours was very well reasoned.
May not agree with it but I can certainly see where you're coming from

Last edited:
I'm afraid that actually some people do have every right to feel vengeful. Speaking from experience, knowing somebody was sat in prison for 18 months didn't help me any.
That wasn't justice and I could care less if he turned up tomorrow and apologised for everything. It wouldn't take back what happened. And there are many people in the exact same position. Being told to feel compassion for these people does not sit well with me in the slightest.
I don't consider that any kind of justice, I'm afraid.

If you COULD care less, then you would care less. It's"couldn't".

Grammar aside, that is what the law gave him. You can say all you want how "victims deserve vengeance" but unfortunately for you, we subscribe to the idea that justice is blind. The victims may hurt but the reason the law does not take that into account is because pain clouds our judgement.

If you COULD care less, then you would care less. It's"couldn't".

Grammar aside, that is what the law gave him. You can say all you want how "victims deserve vengeance" but unfortunately for you, we subscribe to the idea that justice is blind. The victims may hurt but the reason the law does not take that into account is because pain clouds our judgement.

Actually, genius, phones do autocorrect.

Please do not respond to anything else I comment on again.

Or you'd be just as bad as he was for doing the exact same thing as him. It only just stoops down to his level. We're further justifying acts of violence. How about we just stop perpetuating violence altogether?

Well if that is the only way to get the message across to a psychopath than it could be a reasonable option. For gosh sakes please do not call me as bad as him! I would NEVER do anything like what he did to those innocent people.

Well if that is the only way to get the message across to a psychopath than it could be a reasonable option. For gosh sakes please do not call me as bad as him! I would NEVER do anything like what he did to those innocent people.

lmao okie dokie
him not being innocent doesnt make it ok tho

Were some comments deleted from this thread?
It's a shame some people come here just to look for an argument, doesn't make them look good.

Anyway, on topic, if there were a decent justice system in this country I would most likely think differently about the death penalty. Like with the example I used on the other page, from my own experience.
As it is, somebody abuses a child and gets 18 months inside and has to sign a register for life. Somebody else I had the misfortune to know of abuses more than one child and they get 3 years and 10 years on the register....not only is it inconsistent but it's not any kind of justice.
It's no wonder so many want something harsher when they witness that kind of 'punishment'.

Will never feel compassion for them but a decent stretch in prison would certainly help many people feel that they haven't just got away with their crimes.

I can't speak for everybody though, I imagine there's many people who would still feel the death penalty is the only course of action.
This is just from my point of view on the subject. I know the justice system varies according to where you are in the world. Just in this country it is not very adequate, sadly

Hm, were some comments actually removed from the thread? I can't really remember what was removed but now I'm curious.

Back