• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Spore!

amyvity

BluVilles Favourite Girl
Bells
Cake
Orange (Fruit)
So, has anyone played Spore before? I love it! My creature is called the Alkai.

Wah, Isn't this game pretty old? I recall playing it quite some years ago.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was released in 2009, but it's still surprisingly popular!

I played it a lot when it first came out. I won a free EA game around the release date but I didn't really like the selection of games they offered me, but they were all from franchises my Dad liked so I told him to pick one. I didn't ask for anything in return, but he knew I wanted Spore so he bought me it the next day. :D

Tribal and civilisation were my favourite stages. But I found the space stage really boring so I'd always start over at that point.

I just got it on steam. All I remember of it is playing it a bit on a friend's computer and making a creature... with unusual anatomical characteristics.

Played it back at release and was disappointed. I remember it fell short of the walkthrough video Will Wright made when it was revealed.

Space was definitely one of the more fleshed out stages. Terraforming planets and exploring was actually pretty fun. I think what killed the other stages is that they all felt and played like really watered down versions of other games. Was actually really sad when the water aspect for the animal stage was removed, find the video on Youtube and you will see what I mean. Everything seemed a little too casual compared to the original plans. :(

Back