• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Some advice to choose the map of village

The thing is.. I love all these ideas and wishes for a great map and agree with a lot... but in the end I'll be too excited to start playing and probably just accept the first map they offer me. :D

i am currently considering what my own perfect map should look like and this thread was somewhat helpful.
i have decided that i want a 'vertical' waterfall and a little private beach :)

are there different waterfall-types like in previous ac-titels? (such as one with a stone in the middle) and if so, has anyone pictures of the different ones?

also does anyone have pictures of the different slopes? (not on the map but in the actual game of course^^)

Thank you for the advice :) I will take it all into consideration when I create my town. Thank you for caring :D

I'd say I have to agree with just about all of this here. I like my town hall at the top somewhere or in center of town, always have. Everything else I could work around, but boy if I got that example map.. I'd be a happy camper!

I'll go with whatever map looks the best to me, and whatever one will help me have my Superstar Saga theme. And I liked having the little ponds, so more the merrier!

Eh, it's alright. I understand this is, in theory, the "perfect" map. But something about it just rubs me the wrong way. I would also prefer my beach to corner around the right side of the town, not the left. And I would be okay with a slope going horizontally to get to the dock. As for ponds, yeah, I'd like maybe one or two. I certainly hope I'm not unlucky enough to get three or higher on all four map choices haha. But yeah. I'm sure it'll all work itself out once the release date rolls around.

Eh, it's alright. I understand this is, in theory, the "perfect" map. But something about it just rubs me the wrong way. I would also prefer my beach to corner around the right side of the town, not the left. And I would be okay with a slope going horizontally to get to the dock. As for ponds, yeah, I'd like maybe one or two. I certainly hope I'm not unlucky enough to get three or higher on all four map choices haha. But yeah. I'm sure it'll all work itself out once the release date rolls around.

I agree. There is no perfect map. Everyone has different tastes and different opinions. However some opinions and tastes might be more common than others.

I like most of the aspects about this map. I won't be upset if my map ends up being nothing like this, however. I'd rather pick the best of the 4 and then make do with what I have, because I know I'll love it regardless. :)

I got a new map I think I will actually keep, took me forever to get but I hate the little left corner of the river

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 328
Not like this matters at all but there's no such thing as a horizontal waterfall. ___ <---horizontal (like horizon) | <--vertical
All waterfalls are vertical xD I think you guys mean it faces the front or the side. And I agree, a waterfall facing the side wher eyou can't see it would be a bummer, but it also seems kind of unique!

Don't tell me what to do :(

JK lol, but i see where you're going with it, i think these features make it easier to play but not necessarily make it look better, that's subjective but i like the idea of the plaza in the middle, i also like when the plaza is in front of a waterfall cos you can see it in the background when you take pics, it really looks nice

Thanks for the insight everyone. I have my "native" village (digital copy of the game), which I won't delete, but I also have a psychical copy of the game. I think I will reset my psychical copy village to meet with these values as I never realized I actually looked for a map which has these things...

And I for one LOVE crowded villages. My dream map would be to have the Plaza in the midst and all houses around the Plaza. :) I also like the idea of having a private beach!

Last edited:
Back