• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

So What Are You Reading?

finishing up the age of innocence by edith wharton & the voyage out by virginia woolf. i think these two will be the lasts books i read in 2017, putting me at 65 books for the year.

I finished Less Than Zero by Bret Easton Ellis yesterday and loved it. I want to read more of his work now but I'd probably have to buy them in paperback as the Kindle price (?5+ per book) doesn't feel worth it for the length.

I read a cute holiday novella about elves working in the North Pole today titled Mending Noel by Charlie Cochet. It's a fun piece of MxM fluff that was surprisingly well written and made me smile. It's the first in a seven part series that I'm seriously considering buying the rest of while it's still on sale.

I loved Will Grayson, Will Grayson. It's the only novel I've read by John Green.

Set realistic goals!! I've hit my GoodReads goal four times now - 2011 (16/15), 2015 (36/35), 2016 (54/50), and 2017 (52/52) respectively. Consistent reading habits of course help. :)

Actually, for me, 50 books is realistic. I am disabled and don't really have much of a life. So unless I absolutely loathe the book, I can read anything. Its just that I tend to fall into slumps because of my disorder that usually last a few weeks to a month.

Anyway, I am struggling through Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and started Harley Quinn vol. 1 a few days ago.

Just finished Fahrenheit 451. Incredibly thought-provoking. I still need to reflect on it.

I haven't been reading much right now, because I was trying to finish holiday gifts, but I'll be getting a big haul of books in on Friday, and I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday, so I'll probably curl up with some of them (weather is supposed to be horribly cold).

I am struggling through Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and started Harley Quinn vol. 1 a few days ago.

I read Wuthering Heights several years ago, and found it tough going. Certainly not something that goes on my list to be re-read often.

i'm currently working my way through Barbara Demick's Nothing to Envy. it's a sort of novelization of the lives of a couple of North Korean defectors she interviewed. it's a gripping read, and gives a good look at what it's like to live through a famine in North Korea.

I just started reading Stephen King's It. One of the best Christmas presents I got this year.

finishing up the age of innocence by edith wharton & the voyage out by virginia woolf. i think these two will be the lasts books i read in 2017, putting me at 65 books for the year.

i’m a big liar!! a big big liar. i’m re-reading 1984 tonight.

I started reading A Tale of Two Castles yesterday. Looks to be a fun read. Not sure if I'll finish the sequel after or dive into Ramses the Damned: The Passion of Cleopatra. I've been waiting for this book to be written for years!

I haven't been reading much right now, because I was trying to finish holiday gifts, but I'll be getting a big haul of books in on Friday, and I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday, so I'll probably curl up with some of them (weather is supposed to be horribly cold).

I read Wuthering Heights several years ago, and found it tough going. Certainly not something that goes on my list to be re-read often.

Yeah, I gave up. Some books are just too advanced for me to read. *Shrugs*

I started reading Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriaty and I will be starting Year One by Nora Roberts for my book club.

Just finished reading a play called A Streetcar Named Desire for my English class. Quite an...interesting story. There's this guy named Stanley in there that I really dislike even though I read from somewhere else that I'm supposed to feel sympathetic towards him? Nah :/

Re-reading all my manga (the ones that are completed)... Since Im buying more tomorrow xD

Yeah, I gave up. Some books are just too advanced for me to read. *Shrugs*

I wouldn't say it was too advanced for you. It was a very slow story (I thought), and I had a harder time staying with it than I did her sister's - Jane Eyre, which is actually a favorite.

Last edited:
All The Wrong Questions Book #2. I really enjoyed the first one, so much so that I managed to read it within 36 hours.

Back