• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

So I just completed Twilight Princess...

rafren

why am i still here
Bells
It's been awhile TBT. Hope you remember me.

Zelda TP's ending was epic.

Im playing Super Mario Galaxy now...Most people say its better than Zelda. I don't agree.

The environment is kind of messy.

And Zelda's story is way longer...You could finish
Mario Galaxy in 15-25 hours. Zelda takes 50-70.

Well this is my opinion. What do you guys think?

Discuss.

I agree with you on TP's ending being epic. To me, TP was a bit too short. I finished it in less than 35 hours. Did you complete all the sidequests?

yeah,i like TP better too,it took a while,and it was rlly challenging on some parts,i even had to use a walkthrough sometimes.

The Legend of Zelda may be my favorite series ever, and Twilight Princess is one of my favorite Zelda games, but I have to say that it just can't top Super Mario Galaxy. That game was pure epicness in every way. The gameplay was so amazing and fun, the graphics were beautiful, and the music...do I even have to say anything? Super Mario Galaxy has, in my honest opinion, the best soundtrack out of any game ever. The fully orchestrated music is just so amazing... When I first stepped onto Gardens Galaxy, it blew me away. And the Bowser battle music... Wow! All I have to say is that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is going to be too good to imagine.

Galaxy was REALLY good. But... I gotta admit the game was easy. This was the first of games where I got all 120 stars, and 60 stars to beat the game felt stupid to me. I love Galaxy's soundtrack, but only a few songs. And I never had the chance to listen to them alone, like I can in Brawl. And the story was... Well, the beginning was pretty sweet. But the ending felt... empty. It's really good, but doesn't have the nostalgia I got from Twilight Princess.

I don't know... I felt like Twilight Princess was more of a journey. The game was much longer, I LOVED THE BOSS BATTLES, and the temples were, alright I guess. I didn't really care for all of those puzzles.

I feel people don't give enough credit for a game's story. Twilight Princess' ending blew me away, while Galaxy felt like a game without a big bang at the end, a grand finale. It was like there was nothing really HUGE in galaxy. Both great, but I felt Twilight Princess had more of a fullfilling feeling.

TP Was one of the best games I've purchased so far. It's got the story, the gameplay, wonderful visuals as well as an amazing soundtrack. From time to time I'll boot up my Gamecube just so that I can take in the gorgeous visuals yet again.

Now although Mario Galaxy has received rave reviews the only 3-d Mario game I love is Sunshine. Galaxy, although it has the whole "space physics" going for it, I just have a feeling that the solid platforming that the series is famous for will not be present. Which is why I haven;t bothered with it... :p

I got bored in the ganon fight of TP and turned it off...
And CBFd finishing galaxy... only 2 stars left tho...

PieDisliker said:
I feel people don't give enough credit for a game's story. Twilight Princess' ending blew me away, while Galaxy felt like a game without a big bang at the end, a grand finale. It was like there was nothing really HUGE in galaxy. Both great, but I felt Twilight Princess had more of a fullfilling feeling.
Super Mario Galaxy is a Mario game. Mario games don't have in depth stories. They just don't. They focus on gameplay.

Hellsingrunner said:
Now although Mario Galaxy has received rave reviews the only 3-d Mario game I love is Sunshine. Galaxy, although it has the whole "space physics" going for it, I just have a feeling that the solid platforming that the series is famous for will not be present. Which is why I haven;t bothered with it... :p
Trust me, it keeps the platforming elements. Very well, actually. More so than Sunshine. (Well, from what I've played of it, anyway.) You should give it a try, it's a fantastic game.

Tyeforce said:
The Legend of Zelda may be my favorite series ever, and Twilight Princess is one of my favorite Zelda games, but I have to say that it just can't top Super Mario Galaxy. That game was pure epicness in every way. The gameplay was so amazing and fun, the graphics were beautiful, and the music...do I even have to say anything? Super Mario Galaxy has, in my honest opinion, the best soundtrack out of any game ever. The fully orchestrated music is just so amazing... When I first stepped onto Gardens Galaxy, it blew me away. And the Bowser battle music... Wow! All I have to say is that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is going to be too good to imagine.
^ This. Twilight Princess was a fun game to play. But Super Mario Galaxy was almost as good, with good music. I can't wait for the second one.

Tyeforce said:
Trust me, it keeps the platforming elements. Very well, actually. More so than Sunshine. (Well, from what I've played of it, anyway.) You should give it a try, it's a fantastic game.
Yeah I think I'm going to have to. The only thing I don't care for about Sunshine is the FLUDD mechanic, it would've been more fun and for that matter challenging if you didn't have that stupid pump on your back which is the only reason why I'd play Galaxy over Sunshine, my only fear is that it's all about planet jumping and not about solid platforming, wall jumps, spin jumps, climbing sequences, warp pipes... that kinda stuff. </rambling>

Tyeforce said:
I'm right with you there Tye *high five*

And I'm with Hellsingrunner on the opinion of Super Mario SunShine.
It is good but its not really a platformer like standard mario should be.
The one thing that did bring back old memories from SMSs is the climb walls.

Hellsingrunner said:
Tyeforce said:
Yeah I think I'm going to have to. The only thing I don't care for about Sunshine is the FLUDD mechanic, it would've been more fun and for that matter challenging if you didn't have that stupid pump on your back which is the only reason why I'd play Galaxy over Sunshine, my only fear is that it's all about planet jumping and not about solid platforming, wall jumps, spin jumps, climbing sequences, warp pipes... that kinda stuff. </rambling>
Oh, there's PLENTY of solid platforming, wall jumps, spin jumps, climbing sequences, warp pipes, etc. More than any other 3D Mario to date, in fact. The gravity element does add a lot to the game, but it doesn't take away from the basics. And it's VERY fun! XD

Tyeforce said:
Hellsingrunner said:
Tyeforce said:
Oh, there's PLENTY of solid platforming, wall jumps, spin jumps, climbing sequences, warp pipes, etc. More than any other 3D Mario to date, in fact. The gravity element does add a lot to the game, but it doesn't take away from the basics. And it's VERY fun! XD
It's not very fun for people who gets sick easy.

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Hellsingrunner said:
Tyeforce said:
I don't see how it could possibly make you sick. It's not like YOU'RE the one hopping on planets. =P

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Hellsingrunner said:
Tyeforce said:
Fortunately I don't get motion sickness. <3

But yeah it's the basic things, gravity seems like it'd be a hassle, as would the whole shooting stuff with the wii remote... It just doesn't seem very conventional but I'll take your word for it. :D

Back