• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

So Does Anyone Actually Play New Leaf Only a Couple Hours a Day?

Chromie

Daft Punker
Bells
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Just something I realized today. I play New Leaf but not obsessively. I don't even have a police station yet! I have about 48 hours on New Leaf since getting the game on launch. I love this game as much as all of you do I just can't bring myself to play it for more than two hours a day tops.

So anyone else like me?

I'm like you now. At most just 2 hours a day, but from early June to early August, I probably averaged like 5 hours a day. I have 500+ hours of playtime. ._.

Last edited:
Oh jeez 500 hours! My most played game on Steam is Witcher 2 is at 420 hours across 2 years lol.

Maybe that's why my villagers won't request anything.

For days I work my 8 hour shifts and have plans and whatnot I normally play less than an hour a day. On my days off I don't mind sitting around playing Animal Crossing all day.

When I first got the game I was playing for a lot of hours each day. But over the last month I've only been playing around and hour and a half a day. And that's because my villagers always ask to see my house and tell me they're only free an hour from then -.-

I have a LOT of playtime, but recently, I haven't played as much. I've also been busier lately, so that has something to do with it too.

Well, I think that when you first begin playing New Leaf, there is a lot of stuff that you can do for a single day, and after all of that is done, you have to wait until the next day. Unless you are planning to catch tons of fish and bugs, or get sick of waiting and decide to travel through time, then I'm afraid that there isn't much to do for hours a day. I think that you could possibly get more out of it once you achieve more within the game, but for me, I just doesn't see much to do other than go fishing, water flowers, and catch bugs. It's only exciting when there is a special event occurring, or you actually have something you need to do. Communicating with other players is a very good way to make the most of New Leaf, but other than that, I can't think of anything worth doing for endless hours.

Last edited:
I started with only an hour or two per day. I'd pick it up if someone was driving me somewhere or if I was in a coffee shop. Now that I'm further in the game, there is so much more to do, and I play it forever. My justification is that I'm on my last days of summer break, and soon I will be abroad and won't have my 3DS with me, so I'll just get as much playtime out of it as I can. ;D

It's gotten to the point where I don't play any other game, though, lol. I bought Zelda Ocarina of Tme a couple months ago and have barely touched it. :S

Last edited:
I used to play 5+ hours a day June-August. Now I play 2 hours a week. I basically just log on to prevent villagers from moving haha.

Depends, I play for like 2 hours if that on school days and pretty much all day whenever else

Well, I think that when you first begin playing New Leaf, there is a lot of stuff that you can do for a single day, and after all of that is done, you have to wait until the next day. Unless you are planning to catch tons of fish and bugs, or get sick of waiting and decide to travel through time, then I'm afraid that there isn't much to do for hours a day. I think that you could possibly get more out of it once you achieve more within the game, but for me, I just doesn't see much to do other than go fishing, water flowers, and catch bugs. It's only exciting when there is a special event occurring, or you actually have something you need to do. Communicating with other players is a very good way to make the most of New Leaf, but other than that, I can't think of anything worth doing for endless hours.

Read that all in Bowie's voice.

I'll mostly just dig for holes in my town, water some flowers and catch a few fish. If I feel like it I'll even buy everything at the market! I try to add more active people so I can talk to them but since I'm not super active myself I tend to get deleted. -_-

I used to play for hours during the first month or two after the game's release, but my playtime has definitely dropped since. Nowadays, unless there's something specific I want to do, I'll usually just boot up the game for a few minutes to chat to my villagers for a bit, and maybe do a few errands.

I've been busier since school started, so depending on the day I'd log about 1-3 hours in the morning or at night.

Last edited:
I seriously haven't played in three days, and just got on for like ten minutes to put some money away... Meh, I've kind of lost intrest, but don't feel like restarting, and ever since school started I haven't been able to lay around and do nothing (I'm also trying to learn the guitar, so trying to focus all my free time on that.)

Read that all in Bowie's voice.

You're such a comical creature!

I'll mostly just dig for holes in my town, water some flowers and catch a few fish. If I feel like it I'll even buy everything at the market! I try to add more active people so I can talk to them but since I'm not super active myself I tend to get deleted. -_-

I tend to try and earn currency so I can offer some of it to other players who may have items that I wish to purchase. I remember when I was playing City Folk/Let's Go to the City. I decided to quit playing it temporarily. By the time I got back, almost everyone had deleted me! I was sickened!

You're such a comical creature!

What can I say other then We've got five years, what a surprise, We've got five years, my brain hurts a lot. I've been listening to Ziggy Stardust way too much.

I tend to try and earn currency so I can offer some of it to other players who may have items that I wish to purchase. I remember when I was playing City Folk/Let's Go to the City. I decided to quit playing it temporarily. By the time I got back, almost everyone had deleted me! I was sickened!

It's kind of the reason I've mostly added people now from NYC because well one it's awesome to meet people and two they're less likely to delete me. Hell if someone has Steam/Skype I'll at least talk to them.

What can I say other then We've got five years, what a surprise, We've got five years, my brain hurts a lot. I've been listening to Ziggy Stardust way too much.

Dig that crazy rhythm!

It's kind of the reason I've mostly added people now from NYC because well one it's awesome to meet people and two they're less likely to delete me. Hell if someone has Steam/Skype I'll at least talk to them.

I suppose that is an exceptionally good idea, provided you want to have a locally pleasurable experience.

Last edited:
I haven't been playing as often recently. Between working most days, sorting through all my things and the new TV season I don't have a lot of time left for gaming. However I'm going on holiday in a week and a half so I'll hopefully have plenty of gaming time then. Plus I get back two days before Pokemon X and Y come out so I need to make sure I have time to play that and NL.

Back