• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Smash Bros Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Discussion Thread

I've not seen this mentioned...
This can be taken in any way, I suppose, but it's fun to speculate. A Challenger Approaches! is interesting and has sparked my curiosity. This opens up the rumour of connecting the two systems to unlock characters.

We won't know till it comes out I guess, it'd be cool if there's DLC for the game but I'm not getting my hopes up for Mewtwo and junk, I'd more or less like to see Lucas come back too but that's severely doubtful since you can get all of Lucas' specials for Ness anyways.

.jpg
The description.

We won't know till it comes out I guess, it'd be cool if there's DLC for the game but I'm not getting my hopes up for Mewtwo and junk, I'd more or less like to see Lucas come back too but that's severely doubtful since you can get all of Lucas' specials for Ness anyways.

True, but the MOTHER series is diverse so there'll be more attacks. PK Beam, for example. There's also the assist PSI that 'buffs', I mean that could be used like Wii Fit Trainer's down B. There's always PSI [favourite thing] so I wouldn't turn down the possibility of Lucas not appearing again.

I just started watching and Ridley is confirmed as a boss. YES!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Stages Confirmed
-Port Town Aero Drive
-Yoshi's Island
-75m
-Wuhu Island? There's 2...
-Delfino Plaza
-Peach's Catle, but It looks like Mario Circuit from MK8
-Some place from Donkey Kong, new
-I think I see Great Cave Offensive and it's HUGE!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Smash tour confirmed, it's a board game Mario Party... thing

- - - Post Merge - - -

Master Fortress is a new form for Master Core, it looks like a mini-subspace emissary. Oh god...

- - - Post Merge - - -

3DS confirmed as a controller

- - - Post Merge - - -

8 player smash confirmed. More like absolute chaos confirmed.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Voice chat confirmed

- - - Post Merge - - -

Stage builder confirmed, but you can now draw the stage

- - - Post Merge - - -

They're on fact 53, this is too much.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Mewtwo confirmed if you have both versions and is coming out in spring. I just sighed.

I'm wondering why Mewtwo is late to the roster. Was it a last minute decision? More difficult to create? A way to make money?
Eh I'll be buying a copy of the 3DS version sometime or another so I may as well.

The 8 Player Smash looks great and it's one of the reasons I'm buying the Wii U version. Gotta love those conversations with the Star Fox team and Palutena, Pit, Viridi. Oh and Stage Builder looks a lot more interesting and fun

Best part of the stream.

I'm sure the purpose of the stream was to either calm the Ridley and Mewtwo argument or to cause more havoc.

I kinda miss having to unlock all the characters (40 for a starting roster is a bit too much imo) but I'd rather not play 1000 matches for all of them again (cough Melee cough)

I'm sure the purpose of the stream was to either calm the Ridley and Mewtwo argument or to cause more havoc.

I kinda miss having to unlock all the characters (40 for a starting roster is a bit too much imo) but I'd rather not play 1000 matches for all of them again (cough Melee cough)

I miss it too, but I rather not be like Melee again.

Seriously, 20 hours to unlock Mewtwo the hell... ):I

I think the custom stage building is going to be awesome. As well as drawing on screenshots and sharing them with friends/the internet. They're offering lots of new ways for people to get creative and I really love that. Bravo, Nintendo.

I think the custom stage building is going to be awesome. As well as drawing on screenshots and sharing them with friends/the internet. They're offering lots of new ways for people to get creative and I really love that. Bravo, Nintendo.

It's definitely better than the Brawl Stage Creator.

Though it could use more themes.

But holy crap MK8 STAGE HECK YEAH

I was really excited when I saw the Mario Circuit stage. I had a feeling that something from MK8 would have to make a debut in there. Also, given the fact that Link is coming to MK8 with a bunch of new stages... I wonder if any stages from Smash Bros. WiiU are going to show up as potential MK8 DLC tracks. That would be really cool.

I just hope that Dolphin Shoals gets in as a music track (The best track in the MK8 (Highlights version anyways) IMO.).

Last edited:

I feel the same way. The starting roster feels far too large and unlockable characters felt measly as you could easily unlock them by just repeatedly playing with friends. I'm just hoping it's a 3DS limitation or something, but since I believe I heard them say everything can transfer from the 3DS version then I don't know. :/

An opening video was also confirmed!
I thought there wasn't going to be one since there wasn't one in the 3DS version lol.

Back