• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on Twitch -- spectators can earn points too! You can view it on TBT's Twitch channel here.

Smash Bros Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Discussion Thread

c0b.jpg

I approve. We needed her because girls like me need more reps! (Although the current roster has a lot, so its fine.)
WAIT A SEC
HOW COME WE GOT AN ORANGE KIRBY ALT INSTEAD IF A PRINCE FLUFF ALT?!!?!?
That would have been adorable ;-;

Last edited:
I approve. We needed her because girls like me need more reps! (Although the current roster has a lot, so its fine.)
WAIT A SEC
HOW COME WE GOT AN ORANGE KIRBY ALT INSTEAD IF A PRINCE FLUFF ALT?!!?!?
That would have been adorable ;-;
Possible DLC? Play yarn Prince Fluff Alt as alternate skin or as DLC character

Luma has it's own AI.
Pikmin affect Olimars whole moveset.
A single ice climber does not have a very detailed structure. I doubt the 2 of them together require much more than the entirety of DK / Greninja and all it's flaps and folds / Bowser Jr + flying face thing. I mean they don't visibly even have knees, they wear mittens and they're mostly spherical shapes... Most of the humans hold a detailed weapon and have functioning joints and multiple hand renders.
And if holding items were an issue they could just prevent Nana from holding items, it'd actually make them more balanced.

Frankly it was probably a choice between putting thought into making them work, or spending time on adding other characters. And I'm happy with the rather large roster without them, especially as outside of smash they aren't relevant anymore, even if they will be missed.

Last edited:
Luma has it's own AI.
Pikmin affect Olimars whole moveset.
A single ice climber does not have a very detailed structure. I doubt the 2 of them together require much more than the entirety of DK / Greninja and all it's flaps and folds / Bowser Jr + flying face thing. I mean they don't visibly even have knees, they wear mittens and they're mostly spherical shapes... Most of the humans hold a detailed weapon and have functioning joints and multiple hand renders.
And if holding items were an issue they could just prevent Nana from holding items, it'd actually make them more balanced.

Frankly it was probably a choice between putting thought into making them work, or spending time on adding other characters. And I'm happy with the rather large roster without them, especially as outside of smash they aren't relevant anymore, even if they will be missed.

Luma has a very basic AI and relies heavily on the player's input
Yeah but they're just weapons with eyes, and their models are small and not as high-detail.
Nana having her own AI and the two models together was just too much for the 3DS.

Luma has a very basic AI and relies heavily on the player's input
Yeah but they're just weapons with eyes, and their models are small and not as high-detail.
Nana having her own AI and the two models together was just too much for the 3DS.

And Nana doesn't rely heavily on the players input? The main difference between Nana and Luma is Nana will try to get back to Popo the same way Pikmin do. She's literally the input of Luma + the following ability of Pikmin with a higher polygon count. (and can hold an item.)
I get that that's asking the 3DS to do a few things at a time, but as someone else said, the Gamecube managed it fine and was, I believe, a bit less powerful.

Though with an ounce of hindsight the gamecube didn't have to attempt to have 4 separate consoles synchronise. Though in that same strand I've yet to see an online 4 player match with a single Rosalina that didn't lag at points, I wonder how it'd handle an all Rosalina or all Pikmin online match.

Last edited:
Actually it isn't. Normal game development ends a fair while before the games get put out on the shelf due to internal deadlines, production time, transport and whatot. Day 1 DLC can be content produced during all the processing time, after the mainstay of development has been completed and so long as the debugging is finished before release can just be uploaded onto the e-shop for the release date. Adding the content in with the maingame could have set the release date back.

And besides if they were to release any new bonus content for purchasing both the 3DS and Wii U version, it would likely already be in the data now, for unlock once the Wii U version releases, which sort of counts, I guess?

I'd rather have a finished game later than an unfinished game sooner. =p

I do respect your opinion on the matter but I'm not going to believe it as fact. Regardless of time before or after production they should be working on a complete game first and worry about additional content after the game has been selling for a while.

I'd rather have a finished game later than an unfinished game sooner. =p

I do respect your opinion on the matter but I'm not going to believe it as fact. Regardless of time before or after production they should be working on a complete game first and worry about additional content after the game has been selling for a while.

If only the definition of finished game was set in stone. :p I feel Nintendo already think along those lines though, seeing as both the 3DS and Wii U had rather poor libraries for so long.

Well we know from the ESRB leaks that the game was finished (and translated to English!) a month and a half before the US release. So instead of all the staff having a nice long party until the game comes out they might aswell make DLC for us. :p ~ But I guess the DLC will also need an ESRB check for that matter.
But yeah, the best method would be to let the customers play the game and voice their complaints and then produce DLC to that effect ~ a la Mario Kart.

Differences between Wii U version and 3DS version?

The stages ~ barring a few
The trophies
A few game modes ~ unconfirmed which other than Smash run is supposed to be 3DS only.

Last edited:
Different Single-Player Modes...
That's basically it as far as we know that isn't the Roster being the same or different stages.

Stages will be diffrent, 3DS will have stages based on DS games and Wii U will have more Wii U game stages

Stages will be diffrent, 3DS will have stages based on DS games and Wii U will have more Wii U game stages

that's what they were saying. They said that the only difference we know so far that isn't the rosters being the same, or different stages is the different game modes.
(the word or threw me off too but they were saying that the stages will be different between versions)

:)

It's back.jpg
Pic of the day. Well, I'd better post some pictures from the Wii U version once in a while, right? We've brought back the Castle Siege stage from Fire Emblem!

I guess it is....jpg
Most of the games in the Fire Emblem series have a different unique setting and have fields without much height, so it was hard to narrow down what venues to focus on. Castle Siege and Colosseum are two stages that aren't exclusive to specific games in the franchise.

I guess this makes up for the other pics this week.

The demo version has now been released on the nintendo eShop.

Erm, I can't find the demo. For me, it doesn't even say there is a demo released.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Help please?

Back