• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Should people afraid of stickers be locked away someplace safe?

Should people afraid of stickers be locked away someplace safe?

• Yes, most certainly! Keep 'em safe and away from us!

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • No. They have the right to be afraid in the big bad world!

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • What the frick is this all about then?

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Ya'll need Jesus

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters

AnimalCrossingPerson

Please respect GDPR
Bells
New Horizons Token
20 Envelopes
Red Candy
Red Candy
Winter Mittens
Lucky
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Oddly specific poll, I know, but it is certainly a worthwhile one.

Should those who are afraid of stickers be locked away in an isolated environment to keep them safe and prevent their strange phobia from spreading across the world?

And yes, I just mean stickers - the things that get stuck places saying "gr8 homeworklz kiddo" and stuff like that.

Very random, but no. I don't think that people with that phobia should be locked up and isolated... These things aren't contagious LOL. People have very irrational phobias but it's really not something they can help. They just need to confront the issue and figure out a way to be okay with it. May I ask what made you ask this question?

Last edited:
Uh, no?

People are allowed to be afraid of things and it just so happens that they are afraid of something very odd, locking them away may cause depression and other illnesses so it would be more dangerous than safe.

Very odd question, even if it is a joke.

I'm not scared of stickers, but I do hate them to a certain extent. If you try to take them off it can be a pain to get off.

I get freaked out by heebie jeebie stickers
Like old manky ones on lockers or something

I feel even worse when it's wet and cold outside lmaoo
Like it makes me think of WET old manky stickers

Hahaha, I like new stickers though, but I don't like using them incase I mess up or find somewhere better ;;; hnn too much responsibility, stickers are

I'm not AFRAID of skanky stickers, though
Just freaked out

They'll be okay! Just dont give them any stickers :)

LOL yes locked up and isolated

Part of me wants to say no because people are actually taking this seriously but as a person with a "weird" phobia that seems "unreal" or crazy to some - food touching, food can't touch for me - I'd literally laugh if this was a poll about that. Like yes lmao Lock me up so food can't touch. Sometimes people need a laugh & I don't think you meant any harm with this so, ONWARDS WITH THE ISOLATION

There are far more debilitating fears that can affect people more frequently than stickers.... those people arent locked away, they just have to cope in different ways. Not to mention anxiety and schizophrenia which are far worse. Those people are affected by these conditions deal with far worse on the daily, not just around a certain stimulus or phobia. Those people aren't locked up by any means.

Then you have people who are horribly scared of one certain thing. Google the Maury, fear of pickles person.... that person isn't locked up. They just have to deal with their fear.

I don't know if you are trying to get at whether an outside source (like parents or teachers or officials) has the right to send someone away for a statistically odd phobia. Which I say no they don't and if someone did that or you are being teased for a strange fear, that is completely out of line and tell someone about it (parent or teacher, whoever you feel safe going to).

I personally find any fear of stickers kind of weird. Is it the fear of never coming off? Like some elaboration would be nice... otherwise this just seems like a strange thread

Honestly, when it said "stickers" I thought of like stickers you can put on binders and things. Decorative ones.
Edit: Turns out it is those kinds, not those that get stuck in your feet.

Last edited:
I used to have that phobia as a kid, now I'm just somewhat grossed out by them.
I understand that this is a joke thread and you, the OP, don't mean anything by it.
But I don't get why people in general never seem to have any kind of empathy for phobias.
They usually turn out to be the butt of every joke or are pushed to being uncomfortable.
We are people, we have had our phobias for months and years. We know it's silly and we don't expect special treatment.

I don't get this thread. People have weird phobias about lots of things. A LOT of people are afraid of spiders, and you're way more likely to come across a spider than a sticker. I'm afraid of balloons, but I'm not going to go on a homicidal killing spree if I see one.

Last edited:
People who are afraid of stickers shouldn't be locked away...The people who actually put stickers on things should be.

what a weirdly specific thread lol. but my answer to that is no. people aren't normally locked up in asylums (assuming that's what you're referencing to 'locked away somewhere safe') anymore, at least not here, so it'd be weird to lock everyone who's afraid of stickers into one big safe place. and probably not humane. (i have more of a phobia of being locked away somewhere than stickers)

Last edited:
I had a friend who was hands down TERRIFIED of stickers, I don't know why but she was just horrified of them. I remember going to the Exploratorium in SF and there was a sign covered in stickers and she like SPRINTED away from it we all had to go over and console her cause she literally was freaking out, on the verge of tears and we had to calm her down so we could get her to have fun there! As a person who has irrational fears herself, no I don't think we should "lock them up." People have all sorts of weird fears and it's not our job to make fun of them for it or trigger it, I know jerks who like to use people's fear against them and that's really rude af, you don't know WHY they have that fear, it's probably tied to something traumatic for them.

Maybe just put them in a lovely bubble? :>

This girl I knew who was terrified of butterflies (like would burst into tears and stuff) always made that joke. She was like "if only I could be in a nice bubble, things would be okay." lol

I think they should be offered therapy and if they voluntarily want to be locked up that's ok too, but if we're talking locking them up against their will I'm against it.

So, no, they shouldn't be locked up but they should have the right to choose to be locked up if they want.