• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Share Your Island Map

Here is the map for Pooville.. my first and main island:

1593177977697.png

Here is the map for my new 2nd island I just made yesterday, Hookaville (lame the 2nd H wouldnt fit) I still have my Pooville island too. This wasn't a restart, but a completely 2nd island.

1593178517639.png

I haven't even begun to play my town map. I'm blocked, and overwhelmed with ideas but I'm also scared if Nintendo adds more buildings or furniture because they I might have to change what I've done. Does anyone have any advice on where to start?

I haven't even begun to play my town map. I'm blocked, and overwhelmed with ideas but I'm also scared if Nintendo adds more buildings or furniture because they I might have to change what I've done. Does anyone have any advice on where to start?

i've seen a lot of people start square by square or section by section with their island! i think the important thing for me has been to find an idea that really excites me and then just start making it, focusing on that one. often - it evolves into more terraforming, design and ideas for spaces, etc.

personally i use both a written list of ideas for outside spaces and visually draw out a map of my island, adding rough ideas and measurements as i go. this makes it feel orderly, but also adaptable. i also lean quite heavily into the theme of my island, so that is a helpful tool, too. have you set a theme? what themes have you seen tha tmake you most happy? what goes with that theme? what items do you enjoy the most?

maybe try to focus on the buildings/items you have currently and just leave some open sections as flower fields or forest or things easy to change in the future so that you have room for any future buildings. i do think its important to remember that there are no building plans currently released and, so it won't happen for several months. you deserve to enjoy playing in the meanwhile! and items can always be switched out. nothing you do is permanent!

finally, i think looking at other people's islands - tours on youtube, twitter blogging, threads of screenshots here on tbf, can help inspire you so much! take from that, adapt and find what specifically you most like about what other people have done. follow that zest, that thrill and allow yourself to build piece by piece, not thinking about the whole of the island! AC is a game that shouldn't cause you anxiety <3

View attachment 252314
this is the closest I've ever been to being happy with my island, and tbh it's still not very impressive... but it's easy to navigate and all my neighbors have their own personalized yard (except for Lionel who needs to take a hint and yeet), which was one of my goals. I need to decorate the shopping area a little more, but I think this is more or less my definitive map!
oh boy, my island has changed a lot since I first posted in this thread! I liked my old layout a lot, but deep down I really wanted my island to look more natural, and recently I bit the bullet and went for an almost complete overhaul. it's still a work in progress in many aspects (lol idk what to do with the area to the right of the airport) but I'm really liking it so far!

EbjONPlU0AAyoWL.jpg

This is an updated version of the town map which I posted a few days ago:

View attachment 233031

I just couldn't wait to unlock the Island Designer app, so I time travelled ;) But I think I won't do it again.

I'm finished with changing the river shape, but there's still a lot to do, like building bridges and ramps, improving my paths, planting more flowers and trees, ...
The possibilities are truly limitless!

I restarted because I wasn't happy anymore with my town name and airport colour. I also didn't like my island's short pier. It's a pity that there is no way to change them without resetting!
My new island has an orange airport and oranges as native fruit, just like I wanted - I think it's a very pretty combination :)
I tried to recreate the shape of my first island, but with a few little changes, e.g. other paths, other house locations, other bridges/ramps,...
I don't regret it, I like it even more than my first one (although both maps look similar)!FB_IMG_1593381674666.jpg

ok, this is the map for my first island, tropicana. i didn't do TOO much resetting. i was moreso interested in the fruit (i thought we would have perfect fruit in new horizons, and i love perfect peaches) and my airport color. well. i got a green airport (i disliked it at the time but it's grown on me) but i had Dom as a starting villager and i liked him so i stayed with this map. i learned that there are things i dislike about this layout. i dislike all the rocks on the beach for SURE. i also didn't like the river coming in from the west.
Tropicana.png

i started my second island on my lite yesterday, and going into it, i wanted a river coming in from the east, i wanted my fishing pier and little patch of grass that goes out(i forget what its called??) to be opposite of what they are in tropicana. i also wanted resident services farther from the airport, orange or yellow airport, a fruit other than peaches, the secret beach preferably in the middle, AND as little rocks as possible. this is what i ended up with.. ONE ROCK YA'LL. AND IT'S SO OUT OF THE WAY. i was so ecstatic. the airport isn't as far as i'd like it, and the secret beach isn't in the middle, but i DID get an orange airport, oranges as my fruit AAAND HAZEL as a starting villager. i'm keeping it. i think it's going to work out really well!

SleepyCove.png

ok, this is the map for my first island, tropicana. i didn't do TOO much resetting. i was moreso interested in the fruit (i thought we would have perfect fruit in new horizons, and i love perfect peaches) and my airport color. well. i got a green airport (i disliked it at the time but it's grown on me) but i had Dom as a starting villager and i liked him so i stayed with this map. i learned that there are things i dislike about this layout. i dislike all the rocks on the beach for SURE. i also didn't like the river coming in from the west.
View attachment 280488

i started my second island on my lite yesterday, and going into it, i wanted a river coming in from the east, i wanted my fishing pier and little patch of grass that goes out(i forget what its called??) to be opposite of what they are in tropicana. i also wanted resident services farther from the airport, orange or yellow airport, a fruit other than peaches, the secret beach preferably in the middle, AND as little rocks as possible. this is what i ended up with.. ONE ROCK YA'LL. AND IT'S SO OUT OF THE WAY. i was so ecstatic. the airport isn't as far as i'd like it, and the secret beach isn't in the middle, but i DID get an orange airport, oranges as my fruit AAAND HAZEL as a starting villager. i'm keeping it. i think it's going to work out really well!

View attachment 280489

Wow, I've never seen an island with only one rock. Because of that, I've always thought there has to be at least one on each side! That's very interesting!

Wow, I've never seen an island with only one rock. Because of that, I've always thought there has to be at least one on each side! That's very interesting!
i hadn't either! i'm very thankful to have found this map xD

Thought I’d share my map here since ive almost finished redesigning my island! :) (sorry for the bad quality, especially the the first pic)

This is how it was previously:
123407F9-12FB-4B79-A882-E972DC7284E6.jpeg

And this is how it is now:
79389E6A-0EC9-4F7C-BC6B-DECA6BDD76CF.jpeg

Each section feels like it flows better now and the river feels a bit more natural, however I still need to build some bridges & inclines as you can see in the map
(Side note, Bon Bon is moving tomorrow and I’m scanning teddy in)

I restarted because I wasn't happy anymore with my town name and airport colour. I also didn't like my island's short pier. It's a pity that there is no way to change them without resetting!
My new island has an orange airport and oranges as native fruit, just like I wanted - I think it's a very pretty combination :)
I tried to recreate the shape of my first island, but with a few little changes, e.g. other paths, other house locations, other bridges/ramps,...
I don't regret it, I like it even more than my first one (although both maps look similar)!View attachment 280160

i love your map!

It's spaced out really nicely and the river shape is so unique!

Here's my current map.
QxLzk3v.jpg

I'm...okay with it. Of course, it's not done, but I love the natural look that I see in many maps. I'm a more spontaneous terraformer/designer, not a planner, so it is easier to go angular instead of that natural look. Like, I just look at a section, think of a possible idea and just go for it because I know if I plan I'll never get to actually doing anything.

The biggest thing I'm not too fond of is how the river looks on the map. Maybe it's too bulky and ridged? I'm gonna put something in that section under the river under my house. Don't know what it'd be, though. Maybe a concert area? After that, I'll fix that river, make it curve more cleanly. Should just block out a section and fix the river.

Than there is the pond above my house. What an eyesore. Maybe I'll pinch it in near the waterfall section and put something up there. What? I don't know. Maybe a secret garden/graveyard? I'd need to get a lot more art for that. Hmm, don't know. We'll see.

Restarted last Sunday and was finally able to find a map I like with peaches + blue airport. A little similar to my old map except this one has a bigger peninsula (yay!) but I got a dock that's a lot shorter than my old one (I think I had the long dock size length). Considering all the requirements I wanted (Peaches, blue airport, secret beach in the middle, big peninsula and RS in the middle-ish before airport) it took a few days to find it lol.

EbzuRPWVAAEkMCS

So...I said I didn't like my map. Well, I decided to go ham with the terraforming. Here's my new map:
ln3qXzO.jpg

Uh, well, it's something.
Seems like I'm gonna have all eight inclines in three days time.

Last edited:
Back