• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Serious Luck

LoonieToonies

niether here nor there
Bells
So I started a new file on my ACNL a few days ago... I have a few strict rules when it comes to creating a town. I need...

Brown train station
Triangle grass
Apples as fruit
Retail in the north

And what did I get? All of that! I got my ideal town layout on my first try! What's your ideal town layout, and have you ever been lucky?

Ooh, congrats!

I didn't realize how picky I am until I reset my town. My criteria ended up being...

Brown train station
Apples
Beach on right
No small strips of land
Ability to put my camping site near the train tunnel
Re-Tail close-ish to train station
Space to work on permanent buildings (so nothing too close together)

I think there may have been more, but either way, I ended up being really happy with what I got for Kouhie.

My criteria was decent layout and decent starting villagers lmao. Also I didn't know the train station could be diff colors?

I had the same criteria as pretty much everyone here for my new town Moonfall and then some. XD

-Brown Train Station
-Apples
-Circle or Square Grass
-Retail close to Train Station
-South-Facing Waterfall
-Town Hall perfectly aligned above the Plaza
-Nice big open area in the Top North to put the Campsite and other Camp-like PWPs
-No Dreamies or Dreamies already in good locations
-Nice Semi-Secluded area for House
-Being able to find a decent location for the future Lighthouse

Yes I have a lot lol. =P Some I could have been a little lenient on but in the end I ended up getting everything I wanted. ^_^ *cough*after a billion resets*cough*

I've never really been lucky haha just patient. XD

My criteria was decent layout and decent starting villagers lmao. Also I didn't know the train station could be diff colors?

Yeah, if you have the default one the roof will be different colors, but the beams on the inside will also be different colors. If you remodel it, the outside changes, but the inside doesn't, so you'll still have red/green/brown/etc. beams. It's the same with the town hall (different plants and flooring).

-Re-tail near dock
-Fairly straight river
-Less than 3 ponds
-Nothing stupidly placed
I got my map after 5 resets, which is pretty lucky c:

I remember having a fantastic first town, it was named Hocatate, but I was stupid and restarted it. Worst decision EVER! it had circle grass, all my dreamies, pears, all the hybrids, and perfect status. But I did it to start over. I haven't had a perfect town since. :(

I was plot resetting for a good house spot (I have them all planned out) and Phoebe moved in next to Roscoe. It was lucky because it was a great villager and she moved where I wanted. Now I'm plot resetting for my next villager. House location is more important than the actual villager to me.

Triangle grass and cherries as my starter fruit. That's all I wanted. I remember my map being one of my initial 4 and I was so excited.

I also remember being chuffed I had a mini private beach.

Congratulations!
My only real requirements are as few rocks as possible. I usually just take the town that I get, though.
I got apples, a brown train station, a mini beach, two ponds, and a really really good Town Hall location- right by the plaza.

It's near impossible for me to get a perfect town layout.

East and South facing waterfalls
Blue Train Station
Blue Town Hall
Apples
Round Grass
A land bubble near the south waterfall
Retail either near dock or near the train station
No rocks in the way of putting a house in the land bubble or near the waterfalls.

Unicoira is perfect except:
Town Hall is near east waterfall
Cherries
Square grass

Starfall is perfect except:
Town Hall is in a not so great location
Green train station
Triangle grass

In my first town Genji moved in front of my house (literally) I was so mad and reset (the other characters were mean and yelled at me a lot for talking to them too much) Then I kept getting everything I didn't like so I kept resetting until I got peaches for my fruit, two of my favorite characters, then the rest fell in place. I started getting all my dreamies day after day with them lining up in a nice row near my house, but not too close, and my favorite furniture. The one villager I didn't like moved out right away. I didn't even have to time travel or anything. I got very lucky, even to the point that I got the neighbor Lucky!

Last edited:
Congratulations on getting your ideal town! My requirements:
West-facing beach
Triangle Grass
Cherries or Apples
Central Plaza
1 or 2 Ponds
Very Few Rocks

So far, my new town, Magnolia, is pretty perfect. I have yet to run into any problems. Of course, I haven't really started landscaping, but hopefully it all turns out okay. Also, starting villagers or their home placement doesn't really bother me - I always let the first five move out, then get all my dreamies and plot reset them into rows. :p

Nice job! You really were lucky! It took me a long time to get what I wanted. I was so sick of seeing Rover and typing my name and town name. LOL. To be fair, though, I did have a lot of requirements:

Triangle grass
Red/brown train station
Yellow/brown town hall
South facing waterfall
No private beach
Cherries, apples, or peaches

I just wanted apples :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm not picky.

- - - Post Merge - - -

LOL!

I didn't really have any specific criteria for it, so I just picked one out of the initial four I got. It turned out to be pretty nice, as the river splits the town in half, I have peaches as the native fruit and I have circle grass.

But If I had a second town, I would have specific criteria for it. It would be:

- Triangle grass, so I can have star snow in the winter
- A native fruit that is not peaches, so I can get loads of money from selling perfect fruit from one of my towns in another. Preferably apples because perfect apples look pretty
- Re-Tail in the southern/central area
- None of my dreamies as starters, as I plan on having them all in Lumatown

Back