• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

returning to acnl + new town?

Aesthetics

pfp credit - soupyam on ig
Bells
so i took a break from acnl for like, it felt as if it was at least a few months. i reset my town about 3 days ago, now i have some time for a new town! yay!

i do need some ideas, help, etc.

1st off,

what should my town name be?
i was thinking of Columbus due it to being my states capital city. plus i noticed, all my other towns i have had, they don't sound like real town names and i might be trying to go for a "real sounding" town name now. my old town before i reset went by Burrow.

2nd off,

character name? should it be my actual name? or a shortage of my name, Lynn :confused: or a made up name. gosh planning is so hard

lastly,
theme? idk whether to plot reset for villager houses to be all in order to my liking, or let it be a freebie. and should i have a nature themed town? fantasy? city? etc.

thanks guys so much! also if you'd like to donate to my new town once its made, include it in your response and pm me~

hi! so first of all, I choose the the town's name by the town's theme, so the name of my town depends on my town's theme, for an example the name Leafwood for a natural forest themed town. I prefer having a natural themed town.
About the mayor's name ─ I didn't choose my actual name because I kind of don't like it that much, but Lynn sounds pretty nice! hope this helps a little

Last edited:
Welcome back to the game!

I think the answers to your questions depends largely on what you like and what makes the game fun for you.

I would start with theme. Do you even want one? Maybe you'd be happier letting your town develop naturally over time and just see where it goes. If you do want a theme, which of the PWPs really stand out to you? That can be a great starting point. You can also mix certain themes, like having a fairy tale forest, for example. Also, consider what colors you like best because some color schemes might work better with certain themes than others.

Once you've decided on a theme, or lack thereof, you can decide on a name for your town and possibly your mayor that fit your vision. I've never used my real name because I like to create characters rather than play as myself. But if you like the idea of using your name, Lynn is a nice name and would be cute with almost any theme.

Finally, whether you want to plot reset depends on how you like to play. I really enjoyed the carefree nature of the original Animal Crossing and wanted to play New Leaf the same way. But after 3 villagers moved in, completely surrounding my house, I decided I had to plot reset. Since I figured out my villager house placement, I'm now a lot happier, but having to lay down patterns to force villagers into a particular spot and remember to log on with a new save file can still get frustrating at times. What you have to decide is which method is likely to be the least stressful for you in the long run.

Personally, I like using made up or not real names, for both town and character. I never understood why people would use their actual name or their actual town/state/providence ect... It just seems to boring to me. Like, you can make your character look like anythin, why do somethin so 'ordinary'? But that's just my opinion.

As the other have said, theme plays huge role in names. If you however don't choose a theme and want this to be a 'fun casual' town, then I'd suggest names that you like. Weather it be town name, or a character name that you want for yourself, an OC, any unique name, ect...

Back