Returning furniture sets

Etown20

Bells
I'm not sure if this is being discussed in detail anywhere, but it seems like at least a few of the old furniture sets are coming back in HHP. Maple's house shows off items from a new ranch set and Lopez's house has what looks like the new sleek set.

Do you think they will bring back all of the old sets or just some of them?

ranch.jpg

sleek.jpg

I anticipate most of the full sets will be back. Probably the lone furniture pieces with no set will be left behind, but that's just what I think. I saw the ranch set in the video, plus they added a kitchenette/sink piece of furniture so they seemed to have updated/added some things to each set.

It's really unclear to me if these additions are part of the free update or if they're specifically part of HHP. It's hard to tell because they did mention and show that Nook's Cranny will have new items, but then they also mentioned getting items via your HHP salary (I forget what that currency is called) and the special items there. It's going to be really interesting to see the lists once the update and DLC are out, so the dataminers can tell us for sure.

I'm pretty certain that the partition walls and columns are HHP-specific, and obviously unlocking the ability to decorate your villagers' homes on your own island. But the rest... who knows.

I feel like if these pieces of furniture will be avalible to buy with the new HHP currency they will be much harder to get off that island due to nintendo most likely wanting them to keep the items sorta exclusive to those who pay for the DLC

there are also at least some rococo items -- the chair and sofa are seen here, along with what looks like a hybrid of the astro chair and crew member's seat from NL, so potential astro series return? (second item, btw.) also a couple of other new items. two different chairs (3 and 5) in the top row, another two in the second row (4 and 5, the latter of which i believe is in NL/PC) and three new counters in the fourth row (4, 5 and 8).

tumblr_bd228178ac0612be5e886edada9c6bef_a8b52463_2048.png

Something I forgot to mention in my earlier post - FWIW, I don't see any furniture items being completely HHP only. The partition walls and columns will be because they aren't furniture - they look like an addition that would get tacked on via a Nook Phone app or the house customization feature itself. Even if there's items you can only buy in-game via HHP currency, you can probably trade it to others online. It will probably exist in the code for the free update, just not obtainable normally in the base game. That's how they could do it.

Reason I'm guessing this is precedent of NL's WA update - the amiibo items were only obtainable in-game through scanning amiibo, but you could still trade them to others.

I know you could argue that the advantage of DLC-only items is that Nintendo gets money from the DLC, but Nintendo also gets money from online subscriptions. If someone doesn't want to buy the DLC but wants the items, they either have to buy or have an existing online subscription to interact with others to trade for it.

I've seen the Rococo set (at least a chair?) in one room in the trailer.
rococo.png

the sofa was in charlise's house
Post automatically merged:

Something I forgot to mention in my earlier post - FWIW, I don't see any furniture items being completely HHP only. The partition walls and columns could be because they aren't furniture - they look like an addition that would get tacked on via a Nook Phone app or the house customization feature itself. Even if there's items you can only buy in-game via HHP currency, you can probably trade it to others online. It will probably exist in the code for the free update, just not obtainable normally in the base game. That's how they could do it.

Reason I'm guessing this is precedent of NL's WA update - the amiibo items were only obtainable in-game through scanning amiibo, but you could still trade them to others.

I know you could argue that the advantage of DLC-only items is that Nintendo gets money from the DLC, but Nintendo also gets money from online subscriptions. If someone doesn't want to buy the DLC but wants the items, they either have to buy or have an existing online subscription to interact with others to trade for it.
they confirmed in the trailer that the partition walls and counters are usable in your house

they confirmed in the trailer that the partition walls and counters are usable in your house

I know they did, but I mean I think this is an unlockable via HHP feature, just like you will have to unlock being able to customize your villagers' houses on your island (as opposed to making them a vacation house on the archipelago). I don't think this will be available to people without the DLC.

Out of everything, I think this is what I'm most excited about. These three weeks are gonna be hard.

I’m praying the Gods that they bring back the 7 eleven set (or like a mini market set). The modern wood and sweet sets are also pretty neat

The ranch set looks so nice! So glad to see tons of new furniture. I didn't see anything of the sweets set, but holding out hope.

I did however spot the seashell music box and am so happy to see it back! One of my favorite items. Those pancakes look delicious, too. So happy to see so many food items.

bJjrfmO.png

The ranch set looks so nice! So glad to see tons of new furniture. I didn't see anything of the sweets set, but holding out hope.

I did however spot the seashell music box and am so happy to see it back! One of my favorite items. Those pancakes look delicious, too. So happy to see so many food items.

bJjrfmO.png

those pancakes do look so good! :giggle:

FROGGY CHAIR 🐸

The rest

Im super glad, because even though customization is crazy in this game, the items still feel a little repetitive. We these new sets, I feel islands will be so awesome.

Also I can finally make flora's house pretty

A couple more I caught on rewatch. These might just be standalone items, but the sofa in Maple's house looks like a possible replacement for the minimal series.

The sofa from Doc's children's library looks like it could be from a new kiddie series.

simple-sofa.jpg

sofa2.jpg

I’m guessing that if they showed the new furniture in the free update section(1st half of the trailer) that it will be part of the free update. The new furniture shown only in the paid section is most likely part of the paid dlc.

It's really unclear to me if these additions are part of the free update or if they're specifically part of HHP. It's hard to tell because they did mention and show that Nook's Cranny will have new items, but then they also mentioned getting items via your HHP salary (I forget what that currency is called) and the special items there. It's going to be really interesting to see the lists once the update and DLC are out, so the dataminers can tell us for sure.

I'm pretty certain that the partition walls and columns are HHP-specific, and obviously unlocking the ability to decorate your villagers' homes on your own island. But the rest... who knows.

I'm guessing that for items it will work the way that the Pokemon DLC works. Where if you don't have the DLC you can still get the DLC exclusive Pokemon by trading with another player.
Post automatically merged:

I’m praying the Gods that they bring back the 7 eleven set (or like a mini market set). The modern wood and sweet sets are also pretty neat

047f00e4c941479a802e9d575797b4c1.png

Back