• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

question about spotpass and showcase for those of you that have reset (solved!)

harvington

im dumb
Bells
Arcade Tokens
I've looked around the forum, and the internet in general, and can't seem to figure out what's going on.

I have a physical copy and a digital copy of animal crossing. My digital copy is my main town. In the past, if I streetpassed someone with AC I would get their home displayed on my digital copy, but not my physical copy, which was fine.

About a month ago I reset my digital copy and so I lost all the homes in my showcase. I have spotpass enabled (talked to digby) and ever since then I cannot get any homes into my showcase!! It's been completely empty even though I streetpass new people almost daily, some of which I know play animal crossing because in the mii plaza it will say they have been playing it recently.

I don't think they just have spotpass disabled because my brother also has new leaf, and I know he has spotpass enabled because I looked on his game, and I streetpass him every day when I get home but I do not spotpass him in animal crossing. Before I reset, I spotpassed him all the time and his mayor gave me balloons. x__x

I spotpassed my physical copy by accident once (plugged it into a second DS), so my 2nd mayors house showed up in the showcase, but that is the only one. So I know that it's *possible*, since I have that house, but that's the only one so far. I cannot get any others.

Has this happened to anyone else?? Does anyone know a fix? Or, alternatively, if you've reset before on a digital copy were you able to re-fill up your showcase?

really bums me out that its always empty!

Last edited:
Are you getting houses at all? Or no data in either copy? Are you seeing notifications that you've gotten data in the home menu? Since you know the data is being sent out it's strange that you're not receiving anything. Resetting your digital copy shouldn't have affected streetpassing for your system or your physical copy.

Are you getting houses at all? Or no data in either copy? Are you seeing notifications that you've gotten data in the home menu? Since you know the data is being sent out it's strange that you're not receiving anything. Resetting your digital copy shouldn't have affected streetpassing for your system or your physical copy.
No data in either copy. Like before, I don't get any houses in my physical copy, but I don't get them in my digital copy either ever since I reset- Besides the one time I streetpassed myself (with my cartridge in another ds) I have no other houses*. I'm getting notifications of streetpasses for mii plaza and pokemon x, but none for animal crossing on the home menu. I never get a green dot by the game either, other than the one instance where I spotpassed myself/my own game. >_> its so strange.

*Another thing that's weird, the mayor from my cartridge shows up in my digital copy, but the mayor/house from my digital copy does NOT show up in my cartridge! I'm worried that by playing both a physical and digital copy in the same DS somehow I screwed up the spotpass system :(

Last edited:
*Another thing that's weird, the mayor from my cartridge shows up in my digital copy, but the mayor/house from my digital copy does NOT show up in my cartridge! I'm worried that by playing both a physical and digital copy in the same DS somehow I screwed up the spotpass system :(

Well it's definitely not from having both games in one system, I have a digital copy and a cartridge in the same 3DS and they both streetpass in and out with no problem. Did you try disabling streetpass through the DS menu (not through Digby) and then re-enabling it? I would power off and on to try and reset it as well.

Does your brother still get your house every day when you streetpass?

There's another possibility -- I only know of this happening through relays, but it's possible it's affecting you -- relays handle the data weirdly since they changed them a while back, and the 3DS for some reason will randomly choose a title that will not get data. (That is fixable if it's your problem). Do you have any other games (your brother's or a friends) you could load up and enable SP for so you can see if any other games are affected?

The only other thing I can think of - all streetpassing info is kept on the SD card, even for physical games. So it's possible that something did happen there when you redid your town. I can't imagine what, though. Hopefully it's just a glitch you can fix!

Last edited:
Well it's definitely not from having both games in one system, I have a digital copy and a cartridge in the same 3DS and they both streetpass in and out with no problem. Did you try disabling streetpass through the DS menu (not through Digby) and then re-enabling it? I would power off and on to try and reset it as well.

Does your brother still get your house every day when you streetpass?

There's another possibility -- I only know of this happening through relays, but it's possible it's affecting you -- relays handle the data weirdly since they changed them a while back, and the 3DS for some reason will randomly choose a title that will not get data. (That is fixable if it's your problem). Do you have any other games (your brother's or a friends) you could load up and enable SP for so you can see if any other games are affected?

The only other thing I can think of - all streetpassing info is kept on the SD card, even for physical games. So it's possible that something did happen there when you redid your town. I can't imagine what, though. Hopefully it's just a glitch you can fix!

omg thank you so much for this!! I tried what you said and disabled spotpass through my 3DS (I didn't even know you could do that, I always assumed it had to be done through the game itself), then turned it off, turned it back on, and re-enabled it with Digby. Right away when I spotpassed my brother again I got his house! This has been plaguing me for weeks, I'm so glad its working again!!

Time to go hit up tons of nintendo zones and try to re-fill my HH showcase haha.

Back