• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

QR Codes

Flare

Bells
Switch
7087-8935-1983
Okay so apparently the Switch does not have a camera at all, meaning you will not be able to scan QRs with it.

Do you think that we will be required to use our phones if they are integrated here? If QRs are removed entirely how would you feel?

Also would you want the QRs from New Leaf to be usable again in AC Switch? I really really hope they still are.

I definitely think this is something the phone app will need to do unfortunately, but I don't think it's such a big deal. I definitely think they'll return, or at least there'll be some other way to share designs easily. It would be neat if NL codes could be used too, but I don't think they will.

Would be ideal if you could share designs within the game (over the internet) and download designs from others, perhaps with a page showing the most popular, newest designs and so on. Not sure if Nintendo would really want to do this due to the possibility of inappropriate designs, but it would be rad.

Perhaps there could be some connectivity to your 3DS for QR Codes? It doesn't have to necessary be a phone. :)

I'm hoping they will make a 3rd party app (only way I see this working.)
The only other way I could think it would work is with an in game catalog of pre-approved QR codes... but that just takes the fun out of it. I hope they'll make it so we can connect our phones through an app, and scan them via phone cameras.

I'm hoping they will make a 3rd party app (only way I see this working.)
The only other way I could think it would work is with an in game catalog of pre-approved QR codes... but that just takes the fun out of it. I hope they'll make it so we can connect our phones through an app, and scan them via phone cameras.

yeah, i think they'll have to make it work with a 3rd party app. i hope they implement QR codes somehow, or else my paths are gonna be too basic for the human eye

qr codes is something I've been worried about :/ but not the scanning (since the joy cons have a sensor/scan thing in them I think (it can detect distance to something atleast maybe with a patch it can detect qr? idk) or there could always be an app.. ) but if they will exist at all, since there will obviously be some sort graphical upgrade, will the small pixelated squares still hold up or get removed :/
really wanna keep qr's

Last edited:
Since QR's are gonna be a lil problem, they should add a feature where you can go online and see the patterns everyone uploads.
There's categories where you post it. For example, if you wanna post a dress pattern, there will be a Clothing category with sub categories (Dress, Shirt, Hat, etc)

Most popular designs with most downloads from players will be featured on the front page

Idk just a lil idea since QR codes won't really work for Switch, sadly :(

It might rely on the phone app like Splatoon does. Or maybe there will be a social hub where people can upload and download qr codes. Either way it seems like it'll require the paid online service. I do hope they keep QR codes in, I'm so terrible at designing my own.

I'm assuming it will work with the nintendo switch online app. I would also really love to be able to search for and view QR codes within the game, for people who would like to share their designs.

Maplestory 2 has a player-made design shop that people add their creations to so that they can sell them. The players also kind of police what designs are seen in that they can report the designs if they don't follow the guidelines. I feel like it would be kind of like this to some degree, but the only issue I see is reporting the designs. Maplestory 2 has a whole lil team (I think) that looks through those reports and sees if they need to take it down or not, and AC games have always kinda been a release and forget game (though Pocket Camp is a different story).

I don't see QR codes returning, but there could be a passcode database of patterns made - much like in Super Mario Maker, or even the dream address system.

Simply make a design, upload it to the database, and a passcode will represent it. People type the code in, and retrieve the design - or a whole set of designs if the database allows it.

It'll either be integrated into an app, of they'll have a completely new method to universally share patterns. QR codes - and sharing patterns - were such a godsend in New Leaf there's no way they're going to backflip on it.

The switch's right joy-con has a camera, and that could possibly be used in a way. I doubt they won't use it more.

No reason why they can't integrate it into the app. Splatoon 2 has an online shop for the game in there. Why not for AC?

I wouldn't like that much if the only way to share QR codes are via a app, so I hope they gonna
make a new method to share them via the internet.

I really hope they do come up with an alternative, I've made some QR designs from the beginning of new leaf it would be a shame to have to completely redo them :s

QR codes probably wont be a thing anymore since there could easily be an online sharing system made like Tinkalilla said.

its sad but scanning QR codes was a pain sometimes anyways lol. but id still be fine with using a mobile device scanner though

I hope that NL QR codes do not work. I want the graphics update to come with new design layouts. Something that won't look so choppy on an HD TV.

Do you think Nintendo will sell like some sort of QR accessory? Wouldn't it be just like them to?

Back