• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Puzzle League or Desert Island Escape?

Puzzle League or Desert Island Escape

• Puzzle League

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Desert Island Escape

Votes: 21 67.7%

• Total voters

Twisterheart

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Lobo
White Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
What game do you like best?

I like Desert Island Escape more. It's more fun and I haven't lost once. Puzzle League is alright but it can be too stressful and hard sometimes. I hate how you can't switch vertically.

exact same on puzzle league. i thought for a bit that it was just that i was doing it wrong, but no, that's literally how its designed lmfao. annoying !

desert island is a fun challenge that feels more like playing settlers of catan or something, in the game, which i enjoy

Puzzle league all the way. I just play Desert Island Escape for items, I don't have them all yet.

i still haven't beat tortimer on puzzle league, so desert island escape for me!

Desert Island Escape, Puzzle League is too stressful for me and I really hate how it will put my favorite villager against me!

I used to like DIE more but it got too slow for me. I hated Puzzle League at the beginning because I sucked at it, but after a lot of practice, I can almost always (like 99%) get high scores on Time Attack / Normal Mode and get lots of MEOW coupons. It's also a good time waster when I'm waiting for Cyrus to finish refurbishing something or waiting for a villager appointment

I played Puzzle League so much that for awhile I dreamed about it and saw the screen. I had to stop until that stopped, but its still my favourite of the two.

I've only done Desert Island Escape, and it's pretty fun. Even though I do have the 3DS game console (in-game version) in my ACNL room, it's all the way at the back being blocked by other furniture items (RIP).. so I haven't had the chance to play Puzzle League yet. Although, I've seen some ACNL streamers play it and it seems pretty fun. I'll have to check it out sooner or later.

This might be a dumb question, but are we somehow able to play the games on Animal Crossing: New Leaf with the amiibo update??

This might be a dumb question, but are we somehow able to play the games on Animal Crossing: New Leaf with the amiibo update??

Yes. You play the games through the Nintendo 3Ds item (Puzzle League) or the Wii U item (Desert Island Escape). You can get the items either through certain RV's or through fortune cookies, or of course through other players.

I prefer Puzzle League. I want the items from Desert Island Escape but honestly the straight RNG is just too frustrating for me to sit through perfecting all the stages. I finished the hard mode of Puzzle League before getting half-way through intermediate on Desert Island Escape :(

I've just started playing the welcome amiibo update in the past few days, and it took me til yesterday to get the items needed to play these mini games. Now that I have them - I love them both!

So far I'm much better at PL, probably because I've been playing similar strategy games all my life. But I prefer DIE - which reminds me a lot of the Pikmin games. I love them, even if I'm not always good at them (I don't like to stick to a "deadline" whilst adventuring, I'd rather explore and do what I please.. awkward in games with very literal deadlines lol!). The games are each challenging in different ways, PL being fast paced and frantic, whilst DIE is strategic and thoughtful ("luck" aside).

I'm glad they both have so much replay-ability, and I think I'll enjoy playing both for quite some time to come.

Back