• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Power issue...

Kungfupanda

Bells
Hey fellow majors!

Apologies if this is an inconvenient thread - but has any one had any power issues whilst playing the game? I've had my 3dsxl for just over a year now - and I got the game digitally as part of the buy 3 get one free promotion - but this evening, I'd been playing the game for well over 5 hours when I was just about to save when... The screen flashed and then I lost power - I lost over 300,000 bells! :(

Thinking it was a one off, I then began to start again - but then the same thing happened again and I'd lost all of my unsaved data AGAIN :(

This experience has really thrown me off playing as I don't want to commit time to a game of this genre only to lose it all in a flash (excuse the pun :p)

Anyone else experienced or heard of this occurring?

Any help or info would be appreciated :)

Does it happen every time you save? Perhaps you should do regular 'save and continue' to prevent major losses. This hasn't happened to me ever, but I am also playing on my regular launch 3ds and with a physical copy of the game.

The light on the bottom of the 3DS should turn red when the battery is getting low. I've never had it just randomly power down like that. Are you playing at max display brightness? That'll eat your power. I have the 3DS XL as well, and digital.

I've never run into this problem. Maybe you just didn't noticed the red light at the bottom of the system?

If the power light has not been going red then it could be that your battery is damaged. Next time you play watch your light, and play without charging. Remember 3D plus wifi drains the battery at a much quicker rate, so it may have caught you off guard.

Never happened to me and I have the poptart XL. Then again, I've almost always got my charger plugged in so...

If any of the major components of the DS are not detected, the screen will flash on, and then the entire system will power off. (That would be top screen, bottom screen, microphone, wireless antenna, and speakers in the DS. I haven't had a chance to open a 3DS, so I'm not sure if it has any other parts that would be included in this list.) If this is the problem, then chances are something has come loose inside your system. Best way to see if this is the case would be to play with the charger plugged in from now on. If it happens again while charging, then this would be my guess. Otherwise, I'm probably wrong. (Really, it's probably just that you ran out of charge without realizing, or the battery is dying on you, but if it turns out to be neither of those, then this is a possibility.)

I can't imagine how the game itself could be the cause.

Last edited:
Back