• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Population Growing

I think its just AC GCN, but that's just me.

The case art says "Animal Crossing" and underneath "Population: Growing". It's just an accepted way to tell the version you're playing. Like most people use WW or CF, since they're all titled Animal Crossing.

But at the time they weren't thinking about making another AC, so that can't be why.

The case art says "Animal Crossing" and underneath "Population: Growing". It's just an accepted way to tell the version you're playing. Like most people use WW or CF, since they're all titled Animal Crossing.

Look at the title screen, then say it's part of it. In fact, here's what Nintendo themselves call it:

http://www.animal-crossing.com/#animal-crossing

It's simply "Animal Crossing". That whole population sign is NOT a subtitle, that's why the included memory card doesn't have it, the title screen doesn't have it, the e-reader cards don't have it, and the box spine doesn't have it.

For those who really want a subtitle, since the commercial for the first game was called "Animal Crossing for Nintendo GameCube", then the real title would be AC:GC- Animal Crossing for GameCube.

Last edited:
Exactly. I call it AC GCN all the time. It's just on the boxart for some reason; it isn't official.

Back