• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Population Growing Features You Miss

Wisp was such a great NPC, and I really miss him :( Also, the big patches of stump that you could walk over were really cool and made the town seem more natural. The observatory from City Folk was really cool too, and I enjoyed making tons of constellations in the sky. ALSO LOID. I REALLY WISH HE WERE OUTSIDE MY HOUSE LIKE IN GCN THAT WAS SUCH A NICE FEATURE.

I can say I don't miss the quick grass deterioration in City Folk, the dump, or the cheat codes.

WISP!!! I loved him and searching for his light things at night. WHY did they take him out T^T???
The playable NES games.
The balls.
The fact that you could ask for jobs.
The huge town with tons of villagers.
Villagers hanging out in the town square.
The morning aerobics.
Being able to decorate your door.
Villagers not being able to change their house.
Being able to go into their houses alone.
Villagers writing on the message board.
The glowing spots on the ground.
No grass erosion.
Being able to send letters to friends with gifts.
In e+ being able to bang on Nook's door after hours and have a sleepy Nook let you in to shop.
Much more varied dialogue.
Villagers showing you letters besides the first one.
Diaries.
There's probably more.

I love the GC game, but the list of stuff I don't miss is probably just as long!

Last edited:
Those house signs from WW (didn't play earlier games) that determined the only places your villagers could plot their house. It made it easier to landscape without being afraid they would destroy your stuff.
In NL I wish we could have them, but be able to destroy and replace them in different areas like PWPs.

- - - Post Merge - - -

WISP!!! I loved him and searching for his light things at night. WHY did they take him out T^T???
The playable NES games.
The balls.
The fact that you could ask for jobs.
The huge town with tons of villagers.
Villagers hanging out in the town square.
The morning aerobics.
Being able to decorate your door.
Villagers not being able to change their house.
Being able to go into their houses alone.
Villagers writing on the message board.
The glowing spots on the ground.
No grass erosion.
Being able to send letters to friends with gifts.
In e+ being able to bang on Nook's door after hours and have a sleepy Nook let you in to shop.
Much more varied dialogue.
Villagers showing you letters besides the first one.
Diaries.
There's probably more.

I love the GC game, but the list of stuff I don't miss is probably just as long!

All of this sounds so great.

Last edited:
I can't believe I have forgotten almost everything you guys mentioned. It's been so long ago, ahhh... *snuffles*

- Wisp
- The Sports and Cherry Blossom Festival
- Copper trying to sound like a hip teen and you'd catch him sleeping late at night
- You could actually play a NES game if you manage to get the console in your house
- Balls
- Villager requests were much more challenging and fun (planting flowers around their house, giving them a bell and when you need to get something back for them from a certain villager that villager gave the item to another until you end up going through a wild goose chase around out the town)
- Asking for jobs
- That big lotus that would bloom in the middle of the lake
- The gyroids outside your house which you can use to leave a message or store items
- More villagers
- The bushes
- Aerobics

Last edited:
Omg! Totally forgot about the lighthouse!!! Getting to take care of it when tortamir was gone. So fun! Def wish we could have 15 villagers. Also the villagers posting hidden items in town was fun. The balls, the sports festival, gosh, the original was such a blast. My kids erased my gc memory card years ago and then we lost tge card, but am thinking I may get a new one this summer and start a new town :)

I miss the old fireworks festivals tbh. I know you had to go to the lake to watch them since you couldn't look up at the sky, but that made it even better to me.
Also morning aerobics, Wisp in his original job, the dump, those fish flags they would put out around June (which I think is boy's day in Japan). I also miss how campers would stay more than one day and played more games with you than the current campers do.

Now that I think about it, I wish they would bring back the pretty water lilies the were in the middle of the lake.

Now that I think about it, I wish they would bring back the pretty water lilies the were in the middle of the lake.

That was a thing??? So cool, I always thought they should add water lilies and plants in the rivers, and floating petals during cherry blossom season.

I didn't play it, but I'd like 15 villagers back. Also, I don't know what morning aerobics are, but I want them back now xD.

Wow! I want to buy that Animal Crossing game now. Which version had the lotus blooms, acorn festival and morning aerobics? Did Wild World have anything cool or was it only earlier versions?

Yessss I miss morning aerobics so much. I used to shift my time just to make sure I could go do them with my villagers, because I was never up at 6 AM otherwise. Wisp was also pretty cool, although he kind of creeped me out as a kid.

EDIT: For those curious about the morning aerobics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgsArEcP7mA

Last edited:
I miss the NES games, the pond with the lilypad, the fact that you could go into villager's homes when they aren't around, the way you exchange items with other people and the big thing I miss is the fact that you could order items from Nook then reset your game and the items would be in your mailbox when you reload the game.

- Wisp
- The Sports and Cherry Blossom Festival
- Copper trying to sound like a hip teen and you'd catch him sleeping late at night
- You could actually play a NES game if you manage to get the console in your house
- Balls
- Villager requests were much more challenging and fun (planting flowers around their house, giving them a bell and when you need to get something back for them from a certain villager that villager gave the item to another until you end up going through a wild goose chase around out the town)
- Asking for jobs
- That big lotus that would bloom in the middle of the lake
- The gyroids outside your house which you can use to leave a message or store items
- More villagers
- The bushes
- Aerobics

This! And the unique, two acre deserted island with a special villager.

-Morning Aerobics
-Playable NES games
-Glowing spots where you could dig up bells
-Observatory

Back