• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

Hatching eggs in this gen is super easy, I agree. It's still tedious as any form of shiny hunting can be though.

While on Tauros, run in circles to the left of the Day Care Girl until you get a full party of eggs. You'll know she has an egg for you when she crosses her arms. Once you get a full party of eggs, get off your Tauros and go through the broken fence that is just in front of her. Get back on your Tauros once you get in there, and run in circles while holding down the 'B' button. This will make you run in an infinite loop as long as you keep moving the circle pad around, and you won't accidentally run into any tall grass as you keep the game in the corner of your view while doing other things.
thank you! Sucks how there isn't a huge straight path like the XY daycare route but at least we have a faster way of counting steps!

While on Tauros, run in circles to the left of the Day Care Girl until you get a full party of eggs. You'll know she has an egg for you when she crosses her arms. Once you get a full party of eggs, get off your Tauros and go through the broken fence that is just in front of her. Get back on your Tauros once you get in there, and run in circles while holding down the 'B' button. This will make you run in an infinite loop as long as you keep moving the circle pad around, and you won't accidentally run into any tall grass as you keep the game in the corner of your view while doing other things.

I think one of the best things about this is that she will "get an egg" while you're running around hatching the others. You don't have to switch routes or go/come back to check for an egg. With this method eggs hatch in about a minute if you have a Flame Body in your party.

Found my first 7th gen shiny today while I was in Ten Carat Hill grass looking for a Rockruff! I now have a very weird looking, green and white Spinda! Too bad that I've loathed that poke ever since battling "dad" in RSE.

nonsense, you get multiples of legendaries and version exclusive ultra beasts just so u can trade

Living dex tho. That means you need:

2x type: null
2x cosmog
1x solgaleo
1x lunala
3x starters from each line

I really don't see anyone trading cosmog or type:null for anything that isn't a tapu or luna/galeo, which you don't have to spare.

Last edited:
Does anyone know a site where I can see a Pok?mon's encounter rate and stuff like that? I have been trying to hunt for a Relicanth and Sharpedo for my Alolan Dex but I cant seem to get one :/ (I'm searching in the right spots)

SEREBII is the perfect site for what you are looking for an many other good hints and tips for Pok?mon stuff. I use it all the time.

The part I enjoy most when playing Pokemon Sun was maxing out my Pokemon. I got 9 Pokemon at level 100 now. But right now, I care more about filling my Pokedex.

To the people who have soft-resetted on SM to get a shiny Rowlet/Litten/Popplio ; How much resets it took you? How much time it was :O?

im planning to get a shiny rowlet and litten. That's why im asking this uwu

SR at the start for shininess ruins the game for me. I'd much rather hatch eggs for one.

Finally got my team ready for the battle competition. I stuffed up a bit so it's not as great as it could be but it's still p good!

What's it looking like?

Disguise Mimikyu - swords dance, play rough, shadow claw, shadow sneak
Stanima Mudsdale - earthquake, heavy slam, rock slide, superpower (was meant to be close combat but oops)
Regenerator Toxapex - toxic spikes, baneful bunker, recover, scald
Snow Warning Alolan Ninetails - aurora veil, dazzling gleam (meant to be moonblast oops), nasty plot, blizzard
Rock Head Alolan Marrow - flare blitz, will o wisp, earthquake, shadow bone
Alolan Raichu - calm mind (meant to be nasty plot oops), psychic, thunder bolt, focus blast

they all have perf IV's in the stats they need and decent natures, tho idk them off the top of my head

I arrived at the battle tree just to be able to get faster to the judge once I get 20 eggs hatched. But now I'm wondering how to check my own festival plaza ranks, as one of the ranks lists how much eggs have I hatched. Does anyone knows how to do so?

So I just learned something kind of stupid yesterday. One of my Festival Plaza guests wanted to compare Miscellaneous Rank records with me, and through this I discover that the game only counts shinies that you find in the grass in the "Shinies Encountered" record. How do I know this? Because I've found 3 shinies in the game so far, and the rank only lists me as having found one of them, my shiny Fomantis that I accidentally came across awhile back. The other two are my MM Mimikyu and SR Type: Null.

Erm... really? It takes just as much effort to get a shiny from hatching eggs as it does encountering one in the wild, as a matter of fact I'd be going as far as saying it takes more effort to get one through hatching eggs if you are doing SOS chaining. SRs are pretty much the exact same thing as REs if you are going for Type: Null, and is worse than REs or MM if you are resetting for a shiny starter. Why wouldn't you include them as "Shinies Encountered"?

I honestly have no idea how some people are so good at Pokemon. I lost to Anabel again and my highest is lv 80.

I really wish I could get my own solid team that's actually good. :/

Last edited:
Disguise Mimikyu - swords dance, play rough, shadow claw, shadow sneak
Stanima Mudsdale - earthquake, heavy slam, rock slide, superpower (was meant to be close combat but oops)
Regenerator Toxapex - toxic spikes, baneful bunker, recover, scald
Snow Warning Alolan Ninetails - aurora veil, dazzling gleam (meant to be moonblast oops), nasty plot, blizzard
Rock Head Alolan Marrow - flare blitz, will o wisp, earthquake, shadow bone
Alolan Raichu - calm mind (meant to be nasty plot oops), psychic, thunder bolt, focus blast

they all have perf IV's in the stats they need and decent natures, tho idk them off the top of my head

This is certainly the standard "balanced" team in the meta right now. Now, let's see about a counter...

Both shadow claw and shadow sneak on mimikyu? Hm, interesting...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I honestly have no idea how some people are so good at Pokemon. I lost to Anabel again and my highest is lv 80.

I really wish I could get my own solid team that's actually good. :/

Sounds like you need to work on playing your cards at the right time. Is there a particular pokemon that is difficult to face? Does your team share the same weakness? I beat Anabel with a level 50-55 team so it is possible to do it lower.

Last edited:
Sounds like you need to work on playing your cards at the right time. Is there a particular pokemon that is difficult to face? Does your team share the same weakness? I beat Anabel with a level 50-55 team so it is possible to do it lower.

Half my team is weak to Fighting (as always) so when her Alakazam uses its 110% accuracy Focus Blast it's an instant kill. The rest of my team is too slow to strike first and therefore gets taken down before I can do hardly any damage. When I was chaining for a shiny Riolu I kept finding those that were faster than my lv 75 Decidueye.

I've never been good at strategy in Pokemon so I usually lose. I can't enjoy things like online play anymore because it makes me too upset.

Back