Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

I'm picking up my copy of Violet tomorrow sometime, likely as early as possible. I kinda wish I could get it when it drops at midnight but I know I'll be way too tired to play it lol. I'll just get my copy tomorrow and play during the day, luckily I don't have to work tomorrow so I have plenty of time :)

Vivillion: Yes, but only Fancy form
Dunsparce: yes, and its gets something special..
Snivy: No
Tynamo: Yes
Geodude: Both no
Delphox: Yes, but with HOME transfer
Greninja: Same as Delphox. Ash-Greninja was removed but you can use Battle Bond
Oricorio: Yes, all 4
Furfrou: No, GTS will be garbage again
okay the fact alone that delphox can be in the game makes it all worth it lol

that's one of my problems with dexit. their excuse, iirc, was that they would need to remodel all the pokemon, and i'm like... you make more than enough money to hire a couple of extra animators for this, like-
the best part is they already have all the models (as well as walking/running animations for EVERY pokemon gen 1-7, as proven by USUM), they would literally only need to make updated textures which I guarantee wouldn't be that much effort considering they already have older textures to work off of. I could maybe excuse them not putting all the pokemon in if it was a hardware limitation (which is already kind of a dumb excuse), but the fact that they're lying abt the reason for Dexit is what makes it so aggravating.

I'm about an hour or two into the game, and about at the place where the school is. Here's some screenshots from my gameplay! 💚

5WK5ELT.jpg

qU9sNvL.jpg

uxYx8qx.jpg

I definitely plan on keeping Fuecoco, Pawmi, and Ralts on my team. Unsure about the others. And I also plan on evolving Ralts into a Kirlia and then into a big, strong Gallade (since it's a male). It was a neat find, so I'll be happy to use it and be kind of like Wally from Pokemon ORAS! :D

I might get Pokémon scarlet I’m not sure but I’ll probably decide after I’ve finished my Harry Potter themed island which is gonna take a long time

My team so far

Got the first badge:
Quaxwell
Pawmo
Spidops
Capsakid
Diglett (Rock tera)
Fletchinder

I'm trying to use new mons, but only the ones I like with decent natures. I've had rotten luck trying to get good ones.

I just beat the Bug type gym and earned my first gym badge! My starter evolved as well! :D

1X7RXmY.jpg

JMHZPWo.jpg

7MwDeUP.jpg

z2Gp69L.jpg

Ughhh I can’t play for about 12 more hours. ;w; I hope it’s fun for everyone so far!

Ughhh I can’t play for about 12 more hours. ;w; I hope it’s fun for everyone so far!

Honestly same here, and that’s provided I’m able to pickup my game at the store in the middle of a snow storm. 🙃

Also lucky kids, all buses cancelled here today due to the storm so they get the day off. For us adults though it’s the same as always.

Didnt get to do my photo montage

Choosing Quaxly
316131470_10229069938434968_1421767919730554647_n.jpg

SRing for Jolly
314933466_10229069943395092_6568116453652626799_n.jpg

Beating first gym leader. Went with ultramarine eyes to go with the uniform. Got a violet backpack too.
315602737_10229069946955181_8619104762096774069_n.jpg

Evolved Pawmo. Going to plow through everything now lol
316193266_10229069950795277_848152532679729543_n.jpg

I played a little this morning before work and had a good time!

I'm trying to do a Nuzlocke but the first route didn't have random encounters so I had to go with the first Pokemon I saw. I currently have a Fuecoco called Ace and the new spider from 'Route 1' that I don't remember the name of.

Also I'm so gassed with all the hair options lmao. Got me a skin fade

just got the game and, once again, redheads apparently don't exist. why add that in PLA and take it out lmao, hate it here. (don't say scarlet, that's bright orange.) this is fr why we need a slider, like-

Beat Klawf. It was so easy with my electric fighting marmot
314812363_10229070383086084_1476205894315021802_n.jpg

As I expected...beating Klawf gives you the Rock type "badge"
315751970_10229070387886204_7669123405711168643_n.jpg

Now in Artazon. Making good work on my Pokedex which is probably the best pokedex of the series.

I forgot to put my other photos in spoilers! Will do so from now on

I defeated the Water and Grass type gyms, and my team is a lot stronger now (also no longer using Ralts or Pawmi after all, lol)!

VU0bvOP.jpg

innSl6D.jpg

GCHMtOs.jpg

That's three gym badges so far. :D

Currently on my way to battle Titan Klawf. My team is currently Quacky the Quaxly, Multiply the Tandemaus, Doodlez the Spoodle, Fletchling, Oinky the Lechonk, and Hoppip.

Last edited:
I managed to make my Violet Trainer look similar to Willow Pill’s promo look. Only thing that is a bit off is the eye color and lip color not being exact. Surprised how easy it was to find a hair color that was almost a perfect match.

Back