• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Pokémon Pokemon Go General Discussion

Today was a good day, caught a CP 277 Pinsir in my backyard and won a gym in my neighborhood :)

Caught a CP 255 Raticate and was getting my ear chewed off (like someone kept talking to me) and i transferred it by mistake.

Do all pokemon cap at like the same CP level? Or, do certain one's cap at their own levels? My Golbat looks like it'll reach it's limit soon, and only has a CP of 446. ;s

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can't even get pokemon with CP that high.

I never catch pokemon with 200+ CP. I have to level all of mine myself lol.

Still trying to find a Vulipix at the park... keeps saying nearby but it never spawns.

I love how the park is one big circle so I can just keep going around until I find something.

Im so sad. A 212CP Porygon appeared (I've yet to seee anyone with a porygon). I threw the pokeball and it wobbled three times and froze so I had to close the game and when I reopened it no porygon for me :(

Im so sad. A 212CP Porygon appeared (I've yet to seee anyone with a porygon). I threw the pokeball and it wobbled three times and froze so I had to close the game and when I reopened it no porygon for me :(
Ooooh that really sucks! ;( Did you reboot and wait for the game to reload? That works for me sometimes. They might still be there after your game reloads.

Just found out that Pokemon Go only runs on Android and iOS... I do not have either of those

SuT6aNU.png

Just found out that Pokemon Go only runs on Android and iOS... I do not have either of those

SuT6aNU.png

poor dear!! i'll let you borrow my iPhone 4, i have two phones apparently. what type of phone do you have tho if it don't run pokemon go i only know those two tbh

just caught another 250 pinsir in my backyard :eek: they really love it back there x3

poor dear!! i'll let you borrow my iPhone 4, i have two phones apparently. what type of phone do you have tho if it don't run pokemon go i only know those two tbh

Aww that is very sweet of you haha! The smartphone that I have is an Alcatel OneTouch, although I do not know much about the brand ;v; It will connect to the Google Play store, but Pokemon Go never shows up since it isn't Android or iOS

Went out biking again with my mom this time. Caught another Pidgeotto, the third one today. Also hatched my egg which turned out to be a boring Weedle. Nothing else interesting popped up aside from a Venomoth on the nearby list but I never encountered it.

Tomorrow we're supposedly going biking way out to another county so with any luck I'll find some rare Pokemon and new Pokestops. I only have 9 balls left...

Aww that is very sweet of you haha! The smartphone that I have is an Alcatel OneTouch, although I do not know much about the brand ;v; It will connect to the Google Play store, but Pokemon Go never shows up since it isn't Android or iOS

It May Be Because The Brand Is Native To Europe. My Sis And I Both I Acatel Phones And Hers Couldn't Find Pok?mon Go. I'm Using My Mom's Old Phone Now So I Got Lucky.

The struggle is real when IPads don't get cellular

Caught a Kanghaskhan at the golf course tho lmao

Also, has anybody gotten Pikachu as their starter? It seems pretty cool how that was implemented in the game

Last edited:
I found out that there really is a CP cap on every pokemon, and each pokemon has it's own cap. My Golbat will cap at only 500 CP, while someone I know has pokemon with 800+ CP. That means that if you wanna get competitive, you'll need the better/stronger/rarer pokemon -_- This sucks.

I found out that there really is a CP cap on every pokemon, and each pokemon has it's own cap. My Golbat will cap at only 500 CP, while someone I know has pokemon with 800+ CP. That means that if you wanna get competitive, you'll need the better/stronger/rarer pokemon -_- This sucks.

Welcome to Pokemon Go. Be the very best, and if you're not, you suck.

I think Butterfree has a max CP of around 400 I think, so it can't be awful

Welcome to Pokemon Go. Be the very best, and if you're not, you suck.

I think Butterfree has a max CP of around 400 I think, so it can't be awful

I mean, if you're competitive, and find a relatively weak gym you could be fine. Typing is always an issue of course. Find a gym where a bug type would be effective. You do also get to try multiple times with different pokemon. It is a team after all. But, imagine, after the game's been out for about a month, the gyms are gonna get real tough. I can already see line ups of 800-900+ CP Pok?mon. I watched someone playing Pok?mon Go for the second time on YT though, and their pokemon with a higher CP still lost. I think your abilities to tap and swipe at master speed also matter xD

Back