• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Pokemon General(Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have like a bunch of starlys bc im breeding them rn (reckless.,,,) so if you want one

This is what has disappointed me the most. You're a staff member and yet you respond to a situation like this with immaturity and rely on insults when you are in no place to judge (also see our multitude of themes that are much more aesthetically pleasing). You're definitely not fit to be in a position of power by the close-minded and immature way you responded

I have every single right to my own opinion. Just because I'm a member of the staff here doesn't prevent me from speaking my mind. As you have every right to judge it. But calling me unfit for this position, without any grounds other than my stated opinion, is ridiculous. Unless you have any problems in the way that I moderate this site your opinion on my being in the staff is irrelevant and you have no reason to call me unfit for it other than you're upset with my opinion on your site.

Bringing the entire staff into your complaint is also a pretty crappy thing to do, considering I was the only one who had said anything about it. I think next time you see something that upsets you from one of the staff you should sit down and think about if it's their personal opinion or if it was an opinion decided upon the entire staff as a whole, before you go off berating them all.

There are currently 718 different Pokemon. My National Pokedex is currently at 660. Mainly I need the older gen Legendaries. If anyone has one they wouldn't mind loaning to me for a minute so I can Dex it, I will be very very grateful.

I just caught my first shiny Geodude while training!

Last edited:
Unova is my favorite region and sinnoh was my least favorite
hoenn was just okay to me. i liked it, but not to the point where i care for a remake

that feeling when you beat some trash on showdown who was trying to talk ****.

my manectric against his azumarill
guy: switches into landorus-t to take incoming electric attack
me: predicts this and uses HP ice, bringing his landorus down to like 7%
guy: big boy predictions. too bad i was sacking it off :)
me: so youre one of those
guy: types smiley faces as i KO his pokemon

who sacks off landorus-t when they have 4 pokemon left and my whole team can be hit by EQ????

that feeling when you beat some trash on showdown who was trying to talk ****.

my manectric against his azumarill
guy: switches into landorus-t to take incoming electric attack
me: predicts this and uses HP ice, bringing his landorus down to like 7%
guy: big boy predictions. too bad i was sacking it off :)
me: so youre one of those
guy: types smiley faces as i KO his pokemon

who sacks off landorus-t when they have 4 pokemon left and my whole team can be hit by EQ????

Oh my gosh, I know, right?
This one person who I had beat forever ago (a.k.a. last week) said two sentences that made sense the entire match:

D***, your Beedrill has good coverage
F***, how could a person like you beat me?

Ugh... this guy was soooo annoying. Swearing, and he even called me racist. Upon being asked, he said, "It's just the way you act." All I said to him was hello, and then he called me racist after killing his Jynx. Ugh...

Oh my gosh, I know, right?
This one person who I had beat forever ago (a.k.a. last week) said two sentences that made sense the entire match:

D***, your Beedrill has good coverage
F***, how could a person like you beat me?

Ugh... this guy was soooo annoying. Swearing, and he even called me racist. Upon being asked, he said, "It's just the way you act." All I said to him was hello, and then he called me racist after killing his Jynx. Ugh...
Excuse me sorry to interrupted but how where you chatting with the person while fighting? Oh and please dont judge me I'm just new to the game :D

Excuse me sorry to interrupted but how where you chatting with the person while fighting? Oh and please dont judge me I'm just new to the game :D

they were using pokemon showdown. its a simulator for smogon (smogon is competitive battling basically)

to me
sinnoh <3
. sinnoh is the best. sorry

Last edited:
I have every single right to my own opinion. Just because I'm a member of the staff here doesn't prevent me from speaking my mind. As you have every right to judge it. But calling me unfit for this position, without any grounds other than my stated opinion, is ridiculous. Unless you have any problems in the way that I moderate this site your opinion on my being in the staff is irrelevant and you have no reason to call me unfit for it other than you're upset with my opinion on your site.

Bringing the entire staff into your complaint is also a pretty crappy thing to do, considering I was the only one who had said anything about it. I think next time you see something that upsets you from one of the staff you should sit down and think about if it's their personal opinion or if it was an opinion decided upon the entire staff as a whole, before you go off berating them all.
You do have every right to your opinion, but there are better, less immature ways of speaking your mind than insults. You are unfit because you can't responded to something as minor as this with an insult to the site, and instead of looking into the matter and contacting me to try to end it, sat back and insulted our website which has had just as much work put it into it as this one. I in no way brought the entire staff into this; just you. No other staff members responded beside you and I'm not going to judge all the staff members here because of one who can't handle situations maturely and jumps to ridiculous conclusions such as this. I literally have no clue where you got the idea I was insulting the whole staff because of one person not fit for the job.

It's fine to have your opinion, but maybe you should sit down and think about how to express your opinion in a way that won't make you look unprofessional and rude, because that was nothing but rude. There are so many better ways of expressing your dislike for something than outright insulting it. The reason I've lost a lot of faith in this site is because they let you say rude things like that, and if you've done it about my site, you've probably done it about many other things.

Do understand that my website is something I've worked incredibly hard on and to have someone insult something you've worked hard on is incredibly offensive and hurtful, and whether or not you'd express it the same way, you'd be upset if people insulted something you worked hard on and still work hard on. Everyone would be.

Sorry for being so harsh and a bit rude myself, but please try to understand why I'm upset.

nvm

- - - Post Merge - - -

My responses in bold.

Hi, this is the founder of Lake Valor. The advertising done here was done by a banned member by the name of CSAleks, who was banned for good reason. I held Bell Tree in fairly high esteem but seeing how the staff members react to something like this has greatly shaken my respect for this site.
Yes, we all want the staff members in on this... Not really.

This is what has disappointed me the most. You're a staff member and yet you respond to a situation like this with immaturity and rely on insults when you are in no place to judge (also see our multitude of themes that are much more aesthetically pleasing*). You're definitely not fit to be in a position of power by the close-minded and immature way you responded.
He was not even really expressing his feelings. In my opinion, you are taking this way too seriously. Note the 'lol' after that, really implying sarcasm.
*Also, you might as well have insulted this website with that.

Judging by the way the staff has responded to this, I can expect a ban because they seem incapable of dealing with things in a mature manner, and instead of confronting the administrator of the website to solve the problem, would rather sit back and bad mouth a website they know nothing about.
Presumption: You might get a temporary ban, but nothing else. If anything, we are all entitled to our own opinions,and, not to mention, no one else would have cared because he was expressing his opinion. Sure, it may be disagreeable, but your little argument is just like Nintendo arguing with someone over a villager's design: Nintendo won't even participate.
I don't know about anyone else, but I was thinking of joining Lake Valor due to CSAleks' advertisement. You, kind sir, have changed my mind, as I haven't a clue what the rest of the site is like, but you, as a creator, are putting it in a bad light.
You do have every right to your opinion, but there are better, less immature ways of speaking your mind than insults.
Sheesh, have a little fun, will you? He was just trying to be funny... This site is a laid-back place where people can have a lot of fun, and, trust me, he is a fun guy.

You are unfit because you can't responded to something as minor as this with an insult to the site, and instead of looking into the matter and contacting me to try to end it, sat back and insulted our website which has had just as much work put it into it as this one.
Y'know, your site has its advantages, and this one does, too. In most people's opinions, Gallows does a great job moderating, and does slip up once in a while (Ticket war), but I wouldn't think that your site's moderators aren't much better, if at all.

I in no way brought the entire staff into this; just you.
satix said:
I held Bell Tree in fairly high esteem but seeing how the staff members react to something like this has greatly shaken my respect for this site.

No other staff members responded beside you and I'm not going to judge all the staff members here because of one who can't handle situations maturely and jumps to ridiculous conclusions such as this. I literally have no clue where you got the idea I was insulting the whole staff because of one person not fit for the job.
Umm... You kind of already did?

It's fine to have your opinion, but maybe you should sit down and think about how to express your opinion in a way that won't make you look unprofessional and rude, because that was nothing but rude.
And funny. As Gallows said, we are all entitled to our opinions, and expressing them is not going to have anyconsequences.

There are so many better ways of expressing your dislike for something than outright insulting it.
Yeah, and it is much better than starting an argument, too.

The reason I've lost a lot of faith in this site is because they let you say rude things like that, and if you've done it about my site, you've probably done it about many other things.
No... Not really.

Do understand that my website is something I've worked incredibly hard on and to have someone insult something you've worked hard on is incredibly offensive and hurtful, and whether or not you'd express it the same way, you'd be upset if people insulted something you worked hard on and still work hard on. Everyone would be.

Sorry for being so harsh and a bit rude myself, but please try to understand why I'm upset.

Sorry for getting involved, Gallows... I just had to.
Please tell me to stop if you feel if this is your argument, and that I should shut up, and, same with you, satix.

Last edited:
I have finally trained all of my Pok?mon to Level 100 and have improved my team and their moves now.
I was just wondering whether anyone could please give a rating to my team? :)

Chesnaught - Level 100

-Energy Ball
-Return
-Poison Jab
-Brick Break

Aegislash - Level 100

-Aerial Ace
-Facade
-Shadow Ball
-Sacred Sword

Gardevoir - Level 100

-Focus Blast
-Moonblast
-Pyschic
-Thunderbolt

Salamence - Level 100

-Fly
-Draco Meteor
-Thunder Fang
-Zen Headbutt

Krookodile - Level 100

-Dragon Claw
-Sludge Bomb
-Shadow Claw
-Assurance

Torkoal - Level 100

-Earthquake
-Flamethrower
-Stone Edge
-Gyro Ball

I would also appreciate constructive criticism and suggestions for what to replace Fly with for Salamence.
I want to have a non-HM run of the Pok?mon League in this generation of Pok?mon.

Just to keep it tidy, I would kindly request that people send me a Private Message.

Last edited:
Guys, issues with other people's comments should be taken to PM.

The staff have a right to make biased comments. I can understand why you might not like "bad talk" spread about your site, but you have to be able to respect other's opinions. Which perhaps you do, but your stance on this and your comments make me think this isn't so.

they were using pokemon showdown. its a simulator for smogon (smogon is competitive battling basically)

to me
sinnoh <3
. sinnoh is the best. sorry

Sinnoh is the worst region. :) And Smogon is cancer.

Stuck grinding my team to 100, then I think I'm gonna breed some starters for friends and then try for a shiny HootHoot.

Sinnoh is the worst region. :) And Smogon is cancer.

Stuck grinding my team to 100, then I think I'm gonna breed some starters for friends and then try for a shiny HootHoot.

Though I am personally not a fan of Smogon, I do enjoy the VGC2014 Simulator on Showdown. It helped me test my team for Regionals before I spent the time building it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back