• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

[PC] I Am Joining The Master Race

Nix

Bells
Winter Mittens
Cake
Bought Skyrim Legendary edition and a 1.3k (custom building it) computer today. So excite. Very anxious. Much penniless. Been wanting a gaming computer for about 7 years now.

How much did you spend on your pc?

Last edited:
Lol I don't know if these replies are sarcastic or really real but thanks. 8D

Congrats! Honest congrats. ;) What did you put together? c:

I spent a little over 2k on mine, completely from 'scratch.' Had to buy literally everything. Didn't even have a mouse or speakers!

And that was 4 years ago - I've added onto it over the years, but I've yet to upgrade or outright replace anything. At least nothing on the inside. I have a new keyboard and monitor coming in, but neither was "broken" or anything. The keyboard is an "early Christmas present" from Mr. Boyfriend (and it is perfect, everything I wanted my keyboard to do!), and my monitor is part of a long overdue replacement for my dual setup (my current primary will replace my secondary, and the new one will be my primary).

Bought Skyrim Legendary edition and a 1.3k (custom building it) computer today. So excite. Very anxious. Much penniless. Been wanting a gaming computer for about 7 years now.

How much did you spend on your pc?

Strangely, I spent roughly 1.3k building mine. Bought everything too, except the mouse.

This is my build. Not included is cost of monitor and keyboard.

I spent 1.3k on mine as well. :) Included everything.

Attachments

• computer parts list.jpg
    computer parts list.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 52
While I do love my Xb1, I miss having a desktop PC. Ive had builds pieced together but just end up in Amazon or newegg wislist :/ Were any of you first time builders? Would be a first timer and I'm hesitant.

I had a nice gaming desktop PC years ago from velocity. Maybe I'll rise again one day.

Strangely, I spent roughly 1.3k building mine. Bought everything too, except the mouse.

This is my build. Not included is cost of monitor and keyboard.

Hey that's a perfect build. That should last you for a while.

Mine cost me about $800, build it about 5 years ago so it's outdated. By the time I upgraded to a better PSU, a better graphic card and bought several mice and keyboard. It's definitely outdated, but I plan on upgrading it in a couple months after I'm done with exams.

I spent 1.3k on mine as well. :) Included everything.

wait ur only running a ssd? 500gb ssd seems rather overkill, why not halve that and pick up a 1tb hdd too. i think u will find urself short on storage space unless u literally are just gonna play games, and wont be doing any video editing or downloading

wait ur only running a ssd? 500gb ssd seems rather overkill, why not halve that and pick up a 1tb hdd too. i think u will find urself short on storage space unless u literally are just gonna play games, and wont be doing any video editing or downloading

SSD is an INCREDIBLE upgrade. If they got it on sale even better since slower hard drives are much cheaper now.

Anyway, feel like bragging so here's my PC. I do 4K gaming at 60FPS or 1440p at 144FPS.

T0Qpm3N.jpg

Well, since we're all showing off

Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5GHz
16gb DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
ASRock Z77 Pro 3

Logitech G930 Heaset
Logitech G300 Mouse

lol, since we're showing off :v

I've since replaced my 1600x900 secondary monitor with another 1080p one, as mentioned earlier. I've got a 28" Acer and a 24" Asus now.

I've thought about getting a new video card... 4GB is great, it's been great since I built her like 4 years ago, but it only has one HDMI port, lol. But I can still run anything and everything on max, so it's all fine and dandy for now, the splitter works fine for my primary monitor and my TV. I'll just wait on that until I do a full overhaul.

Also have a RAT 9 mouse
Logitech G910 Orion Spark keyboard
and a Sentey Arches black/red headset.

FX0kYeQ.jpg

SSD is an INCREDIBLE upgrade. If they got it on sale even better since slower hard drives are much cheaper now.

Anyway, feel like bragging so here's my PC. I do 4K gaming at 60FPS or 1440p at 144FPS.

T0Qpm3N.jpg

YES IT IS. Everything is so fast. People on reddit are complaining about Fallout 4 being slow to load and I'm just like :D :D :D

I am loving the SSD for everything else too. This is my first desktop in a long time, I've moved from laptop to laptop and it's so nice to actually have the ability to have a boot time less than a few minutes.

Hey that's a perfect build. That should last you for a while.

Mine cost me about $800, build it about 5 years ago so it's outdated. By the time I upgraded to a better PSU, a better graphic card and bought several mice and keyboard. It's definitely outdated, but I plan on upgrading it in a couple months after I'm done with exams.

I do need to get a fan or something soon. I've had the computer shut down due to overheating once :/

That's the only thing about my desktop is no SSD. It kinda sucks but they are pretty expensive and I'm a broke college student.

I have a 5tb external hd and my full-tower can carry around 10 more hdd so I can upgrade if I ever need to. Hahah.

Congrats on the new computer! I am planning on getting a PC soon for Skyrim as well! I bought Legendary a year ago during the last Black Friday sale... and I have been wanting to play it ever since, I play Vanilla on PS3 but I want to use the DLC/Mods so bad. =[

Back