• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Parents buying underage kids rated M games?

CR33P

Bells
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Cake
May Birthstone (Emerald)
What are your opinions on this?

I just find it really troubling when I see an eight-year-old playing games like GTA V.. What are they thinking?!

I don't think kids should be allowed to play rated M games. Not only they are too disturbing for their age group, but they're turning into trashy kids.

Did you know that most of the people who cuss online, talk about sex and nudity online, and those who say "go to hell" a lot online are actually immature people under the age of 13? It's true.

I don't think kids should be allowed to play rated M games. Not only they are too disturbing for their age group, but they're turning into trashy kids.

Did you know that most of the people who cuss online, talk about sex and nudity online, and those who say "go to hell" a lot online are actually immature people under the age of 13? It's true.

I know a person who played rated M games their whole life.. let's just say that he has an obsession with guns.

I know a person who played rated M games their whole life.. let's just say that he has an obsession with guns.

That's not cool at all. At least you are cool compared to whom you're talking about.

My brother let me play GTA when I was 6 and I got beaten up by an old lady

but if the kid can handle it then they can play it? but eh whatever

I've played GTA V. I'm 10. I've played Call of Duty. All I know is my cousins force me too play.

ive played m and t rated games and im underaged. idc, people can run their own lives.

If the child can handle all of the M-rated things, then they should be fine.

My little cousin played Call of Duty when he was, iirc, four years-old or five years-old. Note that it was the earlier versions of Call of Duty. Heck, I even lose to him back then.

Yeah, you can definitely tell what somebody does by their personality. I hate pretty much everybody who plays rated M games at my school. Know why? They have the worst personalities. They're the perverted ones talking about violence every 5 seconds. I'm glad I'm more of an audiophile, it's kind of a better turnout for me ;D

If the parent thinks the kid can handle it, and isn't just giving the kid the game to shut them up, then by all means, let the kid play whatever ****ing game they want.

As long as the kid can handle it, I don't give a damn how other people live their lives.

VOICE OF REASON

Citation needed. Just because the stereotype of "little 13 year olds swearing online" exists, and just because you say "it's true" does not make it true unless you back it up with facts from a reputable source.

Yeah, you can definitely tell what somebody does by their personality. I hate pretty much everybody who plays rated M games at my school. Know why? They have the worst personalities. They're the perverted ones talking about violence every 5 seconds. I'm glad I'm more of an audiophile, it's kind of a better turnout for me ;D

That's kind of unreasonable.

I don't believe in ratings. There is no correlation between video games and unwanted behavior. If someone is trashy or obsessed with guns it's because that's how they are and always have been, not because of the games they play. It's really stupid to think that someone could be so weak-minded to let video games influence their actions and if someone is that weak-minded then they are just stupid people.

That's kind of unreasonable.

…How? I mean, it is kind of true.

EDIT: The ones that casually play it are fine, it's not an obsession. However, I know kids who let those games control their lives, and you can see it. Not that I care, though: why should I?

Last edited:
I also played Golden Eye 0007 for the Wii

- - - Post Merge - - -

Age 7 when I first played it.

I can see how it could effect some kids badly.. But just because someone is a child doesn't mean they're incapable of being mature. If the kid is mature, then why shouldn't they be allowed to play "mature" games?

I for one played M rated games as a kid, and I turned out fine.

Back