Nintendo likes the word "Epic"

SilentHopes

Swag Master
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Not sure where to post this. It has to do with a game company, so I'm going to put it here.

Nintendo released announced two games, both that had the word "epic" in them.

Epic Mickey - I know, this is Disney, but Nintendo mentioned it.
Kirby's Epic Yarn

after they announced those, they mentioned how "epic new nintendo releases were."

This is an epic topic

Maybe they mean the actual meaning of epic, and not the internet-ized version.

Yeah it was funny that those two games were back-to-back at E3, but the Mickey one isn't Nintendo... just a coincidence.

I'm slightly turned off by the use of "Epic" in game titles, if they have no relation whatsoever. Epic Mickey I can understand, because I think it's using Epic in the right context. (Stories with heroic feats.) Kirby's Epic Yarn, however, feels weird to me. It's like they ran out of name ideas or something, so they turned to the internet and found out that the internet uses the word "epic" a lot.

TravisTouchdown said:
I'm slightly turned off by the use of "Epic" in game titles, if they have no relation whatsoever. Epic Mickey I can understand, because I think it's using Epic in the right context. (Stories with heroic feats.) Kirby's Epic Yarn, however, feels weird to me. It's like they ran out of name ideas or something, so they turned to the internet and found out that the internet uses the word "epic" a lot.
Kirby's Magic String would have been better.

Back