• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Need help upgrading my PC

Applelicious

Bells
Small Mailbox
Winter Mittens
Hello I was wondering if any one could help me out to make my computer better. Its only couple of month old and I haven't had any problems with it, but in the long run I want to make it run better and faster so I was wondering if any of you guys can recommend me some good computer parts for my PC. Also I am willing to spend around $ 400 for PC parts.

Here is my current specs for my PC.

1zmngjt.jpg

what in particular do you want to improve? what do you play - not many games need a really good cpu

your cpu is pretty good actually - if you want it to faster then you just need to overclock (unless you want suuuuper fast then maybe an upgrade)
you should probably upgrade your graphics card - maybe the AMD 390x (this will run most things at 1080p and 60fps at a really good price) or a Radeon RX 480 (this is more future-proofing and only a tiny bit slower)

a good site for parts is newegg.com! or you can try and find second-hand to get a bit cheaper.

I was just thinking of replacing some few parts to it like the graphics card and the fan cause the fan make loud noise when starting up my PC and was thinking of replacing that and also I want to add some more ram to it as well I found some decent parts to replace it and was wondering what you think of it.

CPU : LIQUID COOLER CORSAIR H80I GT
GPUGIGABYTE : GTX TITAN X 12GB
HDD : WD Black 1 TB x2
RAM : Intel? Core™ i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz

Also these parts will probably be over $ 400 do you know any good decent parts to replace these for a cheaper version ?..

Last edited:
you don't need to bother with liquid cooling, it only makes something like a 2 degree difference - upgrade to a good fan like the cooler master hyper 212 evo.

upgrade your ram to 16gigabytes and that will be good enough for most games for the next few years.
the gtx titan is really excessive unless you plan on playing 4k on one card (and you'd need a 4k monitor anyway) - you're better getting a mid-range card. if you want cheaper go for either of the ones i mentioned in my previous post - they're really good for the price you're paying. otherwise you could get a mid-range nvidia card like the 1060 or 1070.

your cpu should be fine, you just need to overclock if you want it faster - the one that you've mentioned is super expensive, and the cpu isn't the cause of any issues (most games don't require more than 3GHz on your processor) if you want a new cpu you'd need to make sure it'll fit with your motherboard.

instead of two hard drives, you're better off getting one SSD to boot your OS on - you'll see a massive improvement in speed there.

you should be able to get most of these parts for $400 - definitely wait until parts go on sale on somewhere like newegg if it's a little over your budget.

i'm only passing on stuff i've learned from listening to my bf, so i would probably recommend going somewhere like the NCIX forums - it is specifically for building computers and you'll be able to get more thorough advice. my main tip is to do LOTS of research before you buy anything though!

good luck!

Back