• For our final bonus event, answer 18 challenging questions in The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Quiz! Submit your answers by Saturday, August 31st at 11:59 PM EDT to earn anywhere from 0 - 9 extra tickets and throwback tickets. Good luck!

NBA free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabioisonfire

total a-hole
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Not sure if there's any basketball (or sports fans, for that matter) fans here, but tonight, LeBron James announced that he'd sign with the Miami Heat- forming a *censored.3.0*ing superteam with Michael Beasley, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, and himself.

Discuss.

I happen to be a basketball fan :p . I really think the idea of a superteam sounds too great to be true, but I guess we'll just have to see what happens during the season. Carlos Boozer going to the Bulls was a good deal in my book. Carlos is a pretty solid forward, and is up in the same ranks as Chris Bosh.

It'll be interesting... with the exception of a huge "I want the ball" blowup among the big 3, I can't see the Heat not having the best record in the regular season next year. Come playoff time, things will get interesting...

If Bosh can shut down Dwight Howard I think the Heat will run all over the Magic. Boston v Miami will be a great series if it happens, too... the old Big 3 vs the young Big 3.

After looking at many sports forums, sites, and etc. I think I have now come down to the conclusion that the Miami Heat is now the most hated team in the NBA so far. :p .

DarthGohan1 said:
It'll be interesting... with the exception of a huge "I want the ball" blowup among the big 3, I can't see the Heat not having the best record in the regular season next year. Come playoff time, things will get interesting...

If Bosh can shut down Dwight Howard I think the Heat will run all over the Magic. Boston v Miami will be a great series if it happens, too... the old Big 3 vs the young Big 3.
Bosh is going to play forward, not center. The Heat need to fill a couple spots around those guys, namely a center.

Fabioisonfire said:
DarthGohan1 said:

Bosh is going to play forward, not center. The Heat need to fill a couple spots around those guys, namely a center.
I think he's better off playing center for them. If Bosh is center, Wade's at the 2 and Lebron at the 3 and assuming Chalmers starts... they just need to find a power forward that can run the floor and they'll be running a Suns offense on steroids in terms of running the floor and putting up 125 a night. A normal big slow center would be good for the bench in case they really need to stop the opponent's big man... but on a normal night it'd be best to have Bosh at the 5 to let Lebron and Dwade run the offense at a quick pace.

DarthGohan1 said:
Fabioisonfire said:
DarthGohan1 said:

I think he's better off playing center for them. If Bosh is center, Wade's at the 2 and Lebron at the 3 and assuming Chalmers starts... they just need to find a power forward that can run the floor and they'll be running a Suns offense on steroids in terms of running the floor and putting up 125 a night. A normal big slow center would be good for the bench in case they really need to stop the opponent's big man... but on a normal night it'd be best to have Bosh at the 5 to let Lebron and Dwade run the offense at a quick pace.
Well the problem is they need to get by big bodies like Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard (in their conference).

Fabioisonfire said:
DarthGohan1 said:
Fabioisonfire said:
DarthGohan1 said:

Well the problem is they need to get by big bodies like Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard (in their conference).
I agree. But those guys are exceptions, which is why it'd be wise of them to find a solid center who focuses on defense (kind of like Ben Wallace back in the day) that they would normally bring off the bench but for guys like Gasol or Howard they could start him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back