• The closing ceremony for our Lunar New Year event has been posted! View the winning entries in the thread here. Thanks for joining us for this new TBT event. Be on the lookout for our next brand-new event, which will bid farewell to Animal Crossing: New Leaf online, coming soon!

My Signatures

Colour Bandit

Bells
Dragon Tokens
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Happy Home Designer Token
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Cherry (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Orange (Fruit)
Before I was new to GIMP, well I still am but I've started using some tools I haven't dared to use before. So hope you think these are better, there not as good as other people's, but oh well!

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Guild Wars Sigs</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
CharrSig.png

Charr Sig
HealerSig.png

Dwayna Sig
GuildWarsSig1.png

The worst of the three, a Sig of a Ranger and Melandru.</div>
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Pokemon Sigs</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
EspeonSig.png

Espeon Sig.
PkmnBlackandWhiteSig.png

Pokemon Black and White Signature.</div>

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Pokemon Avatars</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
ChiramiiAvi.png

Chiramii Avatar
PokabuAvi.png

Pokabu Avatar (Tried to make it look like Pokabu was jumping over the fire, it didn't work.)
Choroneko.png

Choroneko
Shikijika.png

Shikijika
Yorterrie.png

Yorterrie
</div>

Please give constructive Crit, not "OMG!! U Sux at M8king Sigs!!!!"

Hey, we used the same render. =P

They look good for a beginner, make sure to work on your flow, the effects and lighting! And they're a bit big.

Hrmmm.
You should get Paint.net. It's free download.

Muffun said:

They look good for a beginner, make sure to work on your flow, the effects and lighting! And they're a bit big.
Thanks, I used the size which the rules say is the larget you can use.
Hey same render! That's cool, hope you don't mind, it was on a render site anyway.

TheDoctor said:
Muffun said:

Thanks, I used the size which the rules say is the larget you can use.
Hey same render! That's cool, hope you don't mind, it was on a render site anyway.
It's not a size limit issue, it just looks a bit blank if it's too big with not enough effects/text etc. to cover the whole sig.

And why would I mind? It's not my render. n__n

look at some tuts. they will help you get new ideas and learn new techniques. just keep trying and keep learning =)

the foreground and the background (subject and the render) tend to really stick out.. making them blend together into one picture, instead of looking like it's just added in will/would do wonders.

no clue exactly how you'd do this, other than to blend and add a bunch of lighting/effects to take away from that fact.

On one of your avatars you blurred the focal to make it look like there's no white lines. That's a no-no in GFX . Also, your avatars look kind of bland. All you did was add a gradient map, a render, then text. Why not mix it up with lighting, sharpening, or anything that makes it stand out? Same thing goes for your signatures.

NikoKing said:
On one of your avatars you blurred the focal to make it look like there's no white lines. That's a no-no in GFX . Also, your avatars look kind of bland. All you did was add a gradient map, a render, then text. Why not mix it up with lighting, sharpening, or anything that makes it stand out? Same thing goes for your signatures.
How would you add lighting? And I was using images from Bulbapedia (For the avatars) and they kept coming up with a black background. I'll go find some tutorials on youtube.

Back