• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

My game corrupted!

I think there's some sort of card thingy that backs up your game.
Can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

I also hate them a little bit. Every time I see one, I can't help but wonder if the person's file was actually corrupted, or if they're just saying it was so they can get free stuff from the nice forum members, lol .-.
Corruption is actually pretty rare, but I see this threads quite a lot...

yeah I always get kind of suspicious. I'd never actually accuse anyone of lying, but I'm sure sitting here wondering. It's strange how these threads seem to pop up a few times a week. Everyone rushes to help because in the case someone's game really did get corrupted, it would be devastating. I wonder if I should just make one of these threads myself to get a bunch of free stuff... (kidding! I'd never do it even if my game did corrupt...I value the philosophy of hard work =good rewards. and I love earning things for myself on this game.)

I would think people here are pretty honest when their game corrupts; it happens, sometimes it can't be prevented even if one goes through with every prevention method there is. It should be okay to vent out frustrations when this happens, as long as someone isn't begging for free stuff (not that it happened here, mind you; just my two cents!).

I'm so sorry to hear your game corrupted. :( I've only had it happen once, but on Animal Crossing for Gamecube when my memory card got junk spilled on it without my knowing. Sometimes starting over sucks, but it can also be an oportunity to make a new, better town and try new things you didn't with the last one. :) Better luck in the future, I hope!

Back