• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Museum not upgrading/ Club LOL disappeared?

LionHeart812

Bells
Hey guys, I've got an interesting issue.

I've had the game since it's release date and got the Prima guide when I picked it up. Following the guide, I meet all the requirements for certain things to happen in the town. T&T Mart is open, the Garden Store is open, and Kicks has opened. So this caused the guy from Club LOL to visit me, I got all the signatures he requested and turned them in to him. He told me that it'll be a couple of days and to keep checking back. It's been over a week since I've seen him and it looks like nothing is happening where Club LOL should go to begin in. Severely annoying considering I really want some K.K. music and I'm afraid he won't show up again.

Secondly, I want to upgrade to my silver tools, but need the museum 2F to do so. I've donated over 50 items in each category, Fish, Insects, and Fossils. For art, just one thing since when Redd visited last only one thing was authentic from him. The guide says that Blathers should mention upgrading, but he has yet to mention anything. What could I be missing?

Any advice?

I'm still waiting for Club LOL to open in my town as well. And i have yet to meet Redd. I'm still waiting for my copy of the guide to arrive (soon i hope). I can't offer any help really but i hope you get Club LOL and get your museum upgraded. Good luck :)

Don't worry, Club lol will open soon! I think it took almost a week after first meeting Dr. Shrunk before Club lol finally opened.

Keep talking to Blathers everyday and eventually he will suggest 2nd floor as a public works project.

I remember thinking that both were taking forever to happen too, but eventually they did! :D

You have to have been mayor for 14 days before Blathers suggests 2F. I assume you have been playing since the 9th, so you should have heard something by now. Sadly, I can't offer much else in the way of information. Good luck.

Have you tried speaking to Blathers while he is awake at night? He should have the 'thinking' emote over his head when you walk in.

Yeah, after 14 days or so of being mayor, and getting... At least one thing donated to each category he should have a chance of sitting there with the "Thinking" emotion. When you talk to him he discusses how he thinks he needs more museum traffic ect... and suggests the Museum 2F as a public work. This is the same for the cafe, however I do not know the requirements. He has the "Thinking" emotion and talks about how his old acquaintance, Brewster, would like to have a place to open his cafe in town, and he suggests the cafe as a project.

Just wait a few more days and Club LOL will open. It took at least a week for mine to open, and I have no idea how many days because I did not count.

It can take a a week or more for Club LOL

Also, you are not guaranteed the 2F museum on day 14... For me it was day 16

Make sure you talk to him everyday. He will have a thought bubble over his head when he's ready to suggest the 2F to you. The club takes forever to be built. Just be patient.

Yeah like a few others, I got the 2nd Floor suggested a couple days later than the minimum. Club LOL I lucked out on and it finished up Friday.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I did need to just talk to him more and be a tad bit more patient. Club LOL opened today, the museum was paid off yesterday and upgraded today. Along with those came shampoodle is almost finished and T&T Mart is closed for remodeling. Woo! Just seemed like it was taking forever and I wanted to make sure nothing was wrong or I messed it up somehow. Thanks again!

Wow after all that you have loads happening at once! Club LOL opened for me today too but I still need Kicks and Shampoodle but I'm not in much rush for those.

You go enjoy all the new places in your town!

I heard the Prima guide is pretty wrong and has bits of wrong information. I don't have one though, so I'm not sure. MANY guides online are wrong, too.

For what it's worth, I've heard that the second floor renovation opens up 14 days after you receive the development permit. So after the 100% rating and whatnot, which I know took some people a few days, which might explain why some people got it after the 14 day minimum. I wish there was a definitively correct guide for everything out there.

I'm glad they finally opened up!

Back