• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Misconceptions during Childhood

I had two things I thought of, when I was younger:

- I used to think everyone went to sleep at the same time

- I used to think music came from trees.
(Yes, I used to think that.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

When I was a small child, I remember driving along a country road on a night with a huge full moon, and freaking out because it seemed that the moon was following us!

I also thought of that when I was younger, too!
I used to say to my dad when he was driving, 'Hurry! The moon is catching up!'.

My mom made me believe that stepping on a crack would break her back and I refused to ever step on one. Even when my sisters stepped on them I still believed it even though she was fine.. Also I thought wishing on a star would actually make my wish come true, I think one wish I made was I wanted a barbie stereo.

I used to think that everyone lived to be 100 years old and immediately died on their 100th birthday. I also thought that you turn into a skeleton the second you die.

When I was about 4 or 5, an older friend had me convinced that if I just curled up in a ball tight enough that I could fit into the birdcage! Lol :rolleyes:

I was also totally mesmerized with the stories about The Borrowers (a family about the size of a pencil who lived under the floorboards and in the walls ... I was absolutely convinced that Arietty was real, and sat very quiet for hours just waiting for her to appear ... I would leave out empty thread spools and matchboxes to coax her out ... you have to know the story to get this ... Or have seen the movie ❤️

rh4ux3.jpg

I had two things I thought of, when I was younger:

- I used to think everyone went to sleep at the same time
idk if that's what you meant but when i was rly young i thought ppl on the other side of the world were sleeping at the same time as i was. i knew about time difference and stuff but i didn't rly understand i guess, lmao. i thought everyone was sleeping when it was night where i was //:

I used to believe you can change yourself into a baby if you felt like it.
I also thought swallowing seeds would make fruit grow in your belly.

When I was a child, I thought the world used to be in black and white like those really old shows and the earth eventually turned into color. Watching I Love Lucy confused me so much lmao

When I was 8 or 9, I used to take a really long time showering and my brother once told me that if I took too long, the grudge will come out of the pipes and take me with her. whoop

about the Baby Making thing. on day care a boy (who was kind of a wild and loud kid who would make a lot of trouble, he liked to prank ppl so it wasn't weird thst i didn't believe him) told me how babies are made, like the sex thing. i was maybe 3 or 4 and thought he was lying because i thought ppl only used those parts to pee. yye.. but then i thought about it and realized i didn't know how babies were made.. lmao idk when i actually realized that what he had told me was true

Back