Merengue house: Default Furniture placement changes?

missy.

Bells
Arcade Tokens
Hello, I have a question about Merengue’s default furniture placement.

I have seen photos online that show her house as follows:

But in my Merengue’s house, the minimalist mini table (lower righthand corner) has nothing on it. The red tulips are sitting on top of the sweets coffee table. The chocolate fountain is on her kitchen island. The tea set is sitting on top of the minimalist rectangular table in the upper (back) righthand corner.

I did not receive Merengue from another player (I do not have any friends in the game; I am a new player and I do not play with others on Tortimer Island. I have not traded or visited other towns except Dream Suite.) She moved into my campsite a few days ago, which is how I got her.

Today, Merengue asked me for a new decoration for placement on top of her minimalist mini table. That is when I went online and begin comparing the images I found online of her home with how her home appears in my game.

I just wondered if there are other players who also have Merengue’s red tulips on top of her sweets table, her chocolate fountain on her kitchen island, and her tea set on the minimalist rectangular table in the upper back right corner.

The old photos that I see show the red tulips on top of her minimalist minitable in the lower right hand corner next to her soft serve lamp. They have the tea set sitting on her sweets coffee table. They have nothing sitting on her kitchen island. And they have the chocolate fountain sitting on the minimalist rectangular table in the upper right hand corner. This is not how her default house appears to me. I have a new 2DS XL and a physical copy of Welcome Amiibo.

Thank you for any Merengue furniture placement comparisons.

ETA: Merengue’s big pieces of furniture like her sweets table, kitchen island, minimalist mini table, etc. are in the same place in both the old 2013 version I see online and my version. I have kept retail full so she can’t sell anything and nothing has been delivered to her house. She has only been in my game for a few days. I have been very careful so far to not have anything change.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. I am new to the 2DS XL and image sharing. I don’t have Facebook and I don’t have a Windows computer.

I tried accessing the Nintendo web browser through the 2DS XL and it gave me an error message when I put in this forum address.

The only way I can describe it is that the furniture itself is in the right place, but the accessory items like the red tulips, the chocolate fountain, and the tea set are in different positions compared with the second post in my first link, which shows what I believe were their positions in the 2013 version of the game prior to the Welcome Amiibo update.

ETA: Do villagers ever rearrange the items in their own house if you haven’t given them any gifts and have prevented them from receiving gifts from other animals and from purchasing in retail?

ETA: My town is only about a couple months old (this is my first Animal Crossing besides Pocket Camp) but I do have a Dream Address. Maybe someone could visit and they could look inside Merengue’s house? My dream address is 5B00-01B9-8CBE. I just saved my latest dream and Merengue should be inside of her house (if the dreams save villager placement; I don’t know if they do).

Last edited:
Hey, I just saw your post. Maybe you could take a picture with your phone? This is seriously strange, I can’t find anything like this. I can try to go to your dream address and check it out there.

Hey, I just saw your post. Maybe you could take a picture with your phone? This is seriously strange, I can’t find anything like this. I can try to go to your dream address and check it out there.

Thanks, I haven’t logged into my town today as mayor because I am working on resetting my campsite. You are welcome to visit my dream address if you have time. I hope it updated to yesterday’s dream, which would have a double rainbow and I hope it would have Merengue in her house.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. I am new to the 2DS XL and image sharing. I don’t have Facebook and I don’t have a Windows computer.

I tried accessing the Nintendo web browser through the 2DS XL and it gave me an error message when I put in this forum address.

The only way I can describe it is that the furniture itself is in the right place, but the accessory items like the red tulips, the chocolate fountain, and the tea set are in different positions compared with the second post in my first link, which shows what I believe were their positions in the 2013 version of the game prior to the Welcome Amiibo update.

ETA: Do villagers ever rearrange the items in their own house if you haven’t given them any gifts and have prevented them from receiving gifts from other animals and from purchasing in retail?

ETA: My town is only about a couple months old (this is my first Animal Crossing besides Pocket Camp) but I do have a Dream Address. Maybe someone could visit and they could look inside Merengue’s house? My dream address is 5B00-01B9-8CBE. I just saved my latest dream and Merengue should be inside of her house (if the dreams save villager placement; I don’t know if they do).

Villagers will rearrange the items in their own house, especially items that can be placed on top of something. This can happen to villagers that are 'new' without haven't gone through trading. I've scanned villagers into my town using the Amiibo function and the item placements are almost never the same (I do check wikis to see what their interior would look like). The only things that remain consistent are the furniture placement and the items that the villager will not part with. This are based on my experiences playing the game :unsure:

Villagers will rearrange the items in their own house, especially items that can be placed on top of something. This can happen to villagers that are 'new' without haven't gone through trading. I've scanned villagers into my town using the Amiibo function and the item placements are almost never the same (I do check wikis to see what their interior would look like). The only things that remain consistent are the furniture placement and the items that the villager will not part with. This are based on my experiences playing the game :unsure:

Thank you. Have you ever had any villagers that were not Amiibo scanned villagers rearrange their items? I have not scanned any Amiibo into my game. These are just regular villagers from the campsite.

Also, I think Merengue’s items were that way the first time I entered her house—if I recall correctly. But I wonder if I could be mistaken. She has only been there less than a week. I have been resetting my campsite all day and my mind is a bit of a jumble 🙃

Thank you. Have you ever had any villagers that were not Amiibo scanned villagers rearrange their items? I have not scanned any Amiibo into my game. These are just regular villagers from the campsite.

Also, I think Merengue’s items were that way the first time I entered her house—if I recall correctly. But I wonder if I could be mistaken. She has only been there less than a week. I have been resetting my campsite all day and my mind is a bit of a jumble 🙃

The same applies to villagers that I've invited to move into my town from the campsite. It's totally random how the villager will place the table-top items, don't worry about it. Sometimes a villager may rearrange the items in his/her house when you give them another table-top item. Usually, I would send the table-top items via mail to the villager because most of the time when the villager asks for new furniture, he/ she tends to want to replace a piece of furniture rather than an item unless the villager specifies what he/ she wants to replace. Hope that helps a little :)

Sometimes a villager may rearrange the items in his/her house when you give them another table-top item.

Thanks for your input; it is helpful. Boldface mine, in order to respond, in case it helps. I have tried to keep Merengue original, so I have not given Merengue any items for her house.

Usually, I would send the table-top items via mail to the villager because most of the time when the villager asks for new furniture /clip

I have not sent Merengue items in the mail. I have not delivered packages to/from Merengue. (I refuse her requests to catch bugs, etc. ... once I saw her switch clothing with another villager and I quit the game without saving :O )

I now have an image of Merengue's house interior as it appears in my town:

MerengueHouse.jpg

Below is a photo of Merengue's house before Welcome Amiibo: (not my village)

MerengueHouseIn2013.jpg

Last edited:
From how it goes in my town, it seems like each villager has their own furniture that they can use in addition to what is in their room when they first plot in your town, even when they’re brand new. I’ve had villager swap out furniture without my interference only to give me their old furniture later.

Thanks for your input; it is helpful. Boldface mine, in order to respond, in case it helps. I have tried to keep Merengue original, so I have not given Merengue any items for her house.

I have not sent Merengue items in the mail. I have not delivered packages to/from Merengue. (I refuse her requests to catch bugs, etc. ... once I saw her switch clothing with another villager and I quit the game without saving :O )

I now have an image of Merengue's house interior as it appears in my town:

View attachment 319256

Below is a photo of Merengue's house before Welcome Amiibo: (not my village)

View attachment 319261

I wasn't implying anything, just to clear up any potential misunderstanding :) Just mentioning that those are some of the ways to have villagers move/ replace their items. From what I can see from the pictures, it just looks like Merengue decided to place table-top items in different places :unsure: In my experience, those incidents can happen.

From how it goes in my town, it seems like each villager has their own furniture that they can use in addition to what is in their room when they first plot in your town, even when they’re brand new. I’ve had villager swap out furniture without my interference only to give me their old furniture later.

This is so interesting and weird, that the villagers just decide to swap out furniture. I try hard to keep them in their own clothing, but it doesn't always work. :p She is using all of her original items at least, but they are in different spots in her home.

I wasn't implying anything, just to clear up any potential misunderstanding :) Just mentioning that those are some of the ways to have villagers move/ replace their items. From what I can see from the pictures, it just looks like Merengue decided to place table-top items in different places :unsure: In my experience, those incidents can happen.

Oh, thank you; I didn't think you were. :) Just thought I would mention it so that the reasons for the odd placement could be ruled out. I guess these villagers really do have a mind of their own! ;) I hoped they started with their items in a set place, and that they would more or less stay that way unless something interfered. Unfortunately, when I started playing (which wasn't that long ago), I freely gave my first villagers bugs and fish, not realizing they would remove items from their home. As a result, my Tia's home is a hot mess which I am trying to improve ... 🙃

Back