• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Materials you never have enough of?

drowningfairies

rest a while.
Bells
Switch
4415-8755-7597
Fancy Kitty Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Clownfish Plush
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
So I've realized, that I always never have enough cotton.
But I have so much steel, paper, and preserves than I know what to do with.

I haven't been crafting much, so I can save up on it, but do you guys find yourself always short of one material?

Wood. I never have enough wood. Even with the My Nintendo Wood Prize I never have enough & so many of the items we craft require wood. However I do have so much paper that it told me I couldn't hold anymore.

Yeah i never have enough cotton, it's really bothersome especially when some items need so much to be crafted :(

Lately I find I'm getting lower and lower on paper. None of my villagers seem to be giving me any, which sucks.

Before I used to constantly be out of cotton, but now I find I have an abundance of crafting materials, especially steel and wood. But I am lacking quite a bit in rustic essence and all those other ones that are newer essences.

Because I hardly craft anything, I have a lot of crafting material than I know what to do with. But essence wise. Historical...

Metal, really wished they would give me more of that, get tons of cotton, paper, and wood, so much I'm having to sell them off. What I really wished was there a way we could place this stuff in the market boxes, that way when there is a surplus of something, it will give other players a chance to buy more of what they are short on.

Last edited:
I'm kinda low on the hip essence for some reason. I guess it's cause when I invite villagers to my campsite, I base them on looks, and not many hips fit my themes :/

i have way too much of if not max everything, i have a ton of materials just sitting rotting in my mailbox lmao.

i wish we could gift materials somehow 'cause i'm constantly hitting the limit.

Cotton.
I always have a lot of
wood
preserves
Steel
I have to keep selling them for 10 bells each

I've crafted at least one piece of every furniture item available (except for the golden series because...YIKES) and I try to keep my materials around 900. I sell my materials in batches of 100 when they are maxed out. I still have a handful of special requests to unlock, but that happens quite slowly, so I don't really have to worry about running out of crafting materials. I think once you all hit a certain level, you will find that you're no longer hurting for materials. Don't forget that you can invite villagers who favor the materials you need to your camp to help build up your supply. Stick with it, it gets much easier!

I am currently in need of more steel, which is weird because usually I have a ton of it. Why does everything I want to craft need steel lately? I also need civic essence to upgrade some amenities.

Wow! I am constantly selling all crafting components and essence stuff since I always hover at max and it’s a pain to get the message that you’re full and have to interrupt visits my selling off one item. I keep them all down to the 6-700 range so they take a day to fill up again

Funny how people have different answers. Some people have too many of something, and others do not have enough. Lately I never seen to have enough wood, or sometimes even paper. I wish we could get Essence just a little faster too.

I?m aaaaalways low on harmonious essence, even though I don?t really have a huge interest in any items/amenities that need it lmao

I currently have every item crafted save for the gold series stuff and a handful of animal quest items that i just havent unlocked yet, but before then, I never had enough steel. And ofc, near the end, almost every single item I needed to craft required 60+ steel and nothing else.

Wood, on the other hand, I feel like I've almost always had an over-abundance of. I keep accidentally maxing out and having to either sell some or quickly craft a bunch of items to dump on gulliver.

I seem to have a decent amount of everything except for cotton. Tons of steel, paper, and preserves, but I always seem to be low on cotton.

Back