• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mario Party 10

bump for new info (from jubs)!!

New japanese website is up! http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/abaj/index.html
Go browse the pictures and videos to see how amazing it looks!

Some things I've/(and jubs) noticed:

- Rosalina, DK and wario will get their own amiibo boards as well
- amiibo boards will have minigames(!!!), I deduced this from the amiibo symbol under some of the minigames, see here - http://i.imgur.com/oxyNidT.png?1
- The minigames look so fun!!! Go look at some of the videos for them

I'm still reading it for now but If i see anything else interesting I will share it

also just found this!! http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/hardware/accessories/index.html

TOAD WII MOTE

- - - Post Merge - - -

some more on playable characters

unxgY3o.png

I assume this is all the playable characters which could also mean future amiibo, which might involve rereleasing rosalina etc. Now the hidden ones, a safe bet would be to say that they are toadette and spike, as they are the other character artworks that we have seen but who knows...

the hype is real

I feel like there might be more slots that become available. 12 characters is not that many, and it would be disappointing to not include other characters (Such as Boo and Birdo)

Mario Party has always been lackluster with characters, and to my knowledge they show all slots for characters yet to be unlocked in every game.

I have never really been interested in the Mario Party games, but I have never played any of them so I don't know if they are good. :)

ive only played 7 on gc and i think 5 on a rom so i dont have much to compare them to !!! i dont care bc 7 will always be my fav

So here's a full playthrough of amiibo party! It's exactly Classic Mario Party. There are minigames after every turn. It looks like a ton of fun actually! There seems to be a lot more variety than previously thought. I have to ask though, how is everyone feeling about the game given the new info we've received recently? This video pushed me towards getting it but I'm still really on the fence because of the car. If they implement minigames after each turn on that mode as well, I think that will get me to buy it, otherwise there needs to be some fairly major improvements to the car to win me over.

outube.com/watch?v=vscqizdGTvU

So here's a full playthrough of amiibo party! It's exactly Classic Mario Party. There are minigames after every turn. It looks like a ton of fun actually! There seems to be a lot more variety than previously thought. I have to ask though, how is everyone feeling about the game given the new info we've received recently? This video pushed me towards getting it but I'm still really on the fence because of the car. If they implement minigames after each turn on that mode as well, I think that will get me to buy it, otherwise there needs to be some fairly major improvements to the car to win me over.

This definitely sells the game to me more. Though it is still only 1 board like this. - I'm pretty sure all the event spaces do the same thing in the same locations but have different animations for the event too. /atleast I haven't seen anthing that disagrees with this yet.
The main boards do look good to me too. But the whole mini-star thing and single lap I feel is the bigger issue than lack of mini-games during boards. If it was a gimmick for 1 board, fine. But all of them... no. The car could be made to work too, but again as a gimmick on 1 board, not all of them.

Last edited:
I haven't played Mario Party since Mario Party 2... how are the newer games?

The new new games (Mario party 9 and Mario party : Island tour in specific) Pretty much have no good minigames and are either in a car or another mode of transport or on foot with a silly gimmick. One of the Island tour minigames is just remembering where stuff is! But I know that 4, 5, 7, 8 and DS are really good!

why would anyone buy marioparty for 1 player?

If I'm throwing down ?50 on a game, I expect to get a decent single player experience out of it.

I could easily ask "why would anyone buy Mario Party and not play it with alcohol as a drinking game?" since like you with single player, I don't understand why you would play the game otherwise.

Different folks, different strokes.

Back