• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Selling Maple is moving out this week !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you miss understood what she was saying at that point 6 mil was the highest price given but somebody bid higher so that person gets her fair and square

I'm not trying to start a fight here, I'm only pointing out the fact that, once you've decided to exchange friend codes, a deal should be sealed. Threads can be hard to keep up with, and yes, people miss posts, hence the confusion, but I don't think you should be able to go back on a deal once you've agreed to it already.

I'm not trying to start a fight here, I'm only pointing out the fact that, once you've decided to exchange friend codes, a deal should be sealed. Threads can be hard to keep up with, and yes, people miss posts, hence the confusion, but I don't think you should be able to go back on a deal once you've agreed to it already.

I understand. But to be fair, Sampoelala chose me originally. (Chatted through PM) I willingly asked that sampoelala consider the 10 mil offer because I need to make room anyway. :3 So it would have been peaceful and fair anyway.

Thanks, I've been looking for Maple since February and ONLY Maple

Well you've only been here for 10 days so we don't know that :rolleyes:

Don't be such a sore loser about it, there's plenty more Maple's in the forum.

Treedoll, I'll do everything I can to get you Maple ^u^

Last edited:
to everyone here saying i should sell i to person x because of it being ''fair''

business isn't fair, and animal trafficing certainly isn't

Animal Crossing is a fun, light-hearted game. You can hardly call a forum meant for it to be "business". You're right, business isn't fair, but if that's the way you want to look at the situation, that four million (virtual) Bells are worth more than people's (real) emotions, then that's a pretty grim outlook on life.

Well you've only been here for 10 days so we don't know that :rolleyes:

Don't be such a sore loser about it, there's plenty more Maple's in the forum.

Treedoll, I'll do everything I can to get you Maple ^u^

Then check my instagram! @crosserjade

to everyone here saying i should sell i to person x because of it being ''fair''

business isn't fair, and animal trafficing certainly isn't

XD Animal trafficing is exactly how I describe Animal Crossing to my non-player friends.

Last edited:
I understand. But to be fair, Sampoelala chose me originally. (Chatted through PM) I willingly asked that sampoelala consider the 10 mil offer because I need to make room anyway. :3 So it would have been peaceful and fair anyway.

Actually, she chose me and chose you out of confusion... look through the thread

I personally think that the moment the codes are exchanged that the deal is sealed. If it was done before whoever bid 10 mil put up their offer, then the original person should get it.

Besides, I'm sure plenty if other people would willing sell Maple for 10 mil. It's not do or die in Animal Crossing.

I agree. That's why it was a scam

Animal Crossing is a fun, light-hearted game. You can hardly call a forum meant for it to be "business". You're right, business isn't fair, but if that's the way you want to look at the situation, that four million (virtual) Bells are worth more than people's (real) emotions, then that's a pretty grim outlook on life.

Then perhaps a person's emotions shouldn't be solely based on a "fun, lighthearted game" as well?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually, she chose me and chose you out of confusion... look through the thread

Look at my profile messages.

It's just a way of unwinding, a recreational activity. Unfortunately, we all know how obsessive it can become, but I did say I wasn't trying to start an argument, and you have no reason to get on the defensive. I sought to raise a point, and clearly it's been raised since you keep arguing with me about it. Four million Bells isn't actually that hard to obtain. It seems silly to go back on your word over four million Bells. We can argue about this back and forth for as long as it pleases you, but at the end of the day, it's a morality issue. If you're okay with walking all over people and scamming because of "business" as it has been called, then that's entirely a personal thing, but every once in a while, you should stop to consider, in the broader scheme of things, of course, which is more important; money, or people's feelings.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And just for those who have used the words "sore loser", I'd like you to briefly consider the fact that, while the trade hadn't gone on yet, both parties had agreed on the price. So, that's not being a sore loser. That's being angry because you've been scammed.

It's just a way of unwinding, a recreational activity. Unfortunately, we all know how obsessive it can become, but I did say I wasn't trying to start an argument, and you have no reason to get on the defensive. I sought to raise a point, and clearly it's been raised since you keep arguing with me about it. Four million Bells isn't actually that hard to obtain. It seems silly to go back on your word over four million Bells. We can argue about this back and forth for as long as it pleases you, but at the end of the day, it's a morality issue. If you're okay with walking all over people and scamming because of "business" as it has been called, then that's entirely a personal thing, but every once in a while, you should stop to consider, in the broader scheme of things, of course, which is more important; money, or people's feelings.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And just for those who have used the words "sore loser", I'd like you to briefly consider the fact that, while the trade hadn't gone on yet, both parties had agreed on the price. So, that's not being a sore loser. That's being angry because you've been scammed.

At the end of the day, it's the seller's decision who the person goes to. She was confused either way. You say you're not trying to start a fight but I don't think that's true. This thread could have gone lightly but you just had to post, hm?

So honestly, you should just keep quiet.

Please look up the definition of scammed, too. It's not like the OP went and gave her to someone else without notification, or took the money and didn't have Maple.

Last edited:
That wasn't supposed to be an attack on anyone, by the way. treedoll is right, in the way that we shouldn't get emotionally attached to a video game. It's a bit silly. Several people also pointed out that there is more than one Maple thread running, people are probably cycling her out all the time. Also, people should try to be kinder on threads like this, and that's not a specific reference to anyone, it was just a general comment. Hosts and visitors alike should be gracious. There's nothing worse than feeling bad about a business deal.

I hope I haven't offended anyone. As I said, I wasn't trying to start a fight. I just wanted to point out the other side of the argument, since it seemed like no one else was going to.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My apologies again. I really wasn't trying to cause a fight. Well, I wasn't trying to cause any MORE of a fight. Clearly, there already was one. Congratulations to the person who bought Maple, she's a sweetie, and to the seller, congratulations as well.

if you read this topic again u can clearly see i wrote ''well if no one beats 6 mill she's all yours ''.

i didnt scam anyone, u either didn't read the topic or don't understand what scamming is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back