• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

LGBTQA - Discussion and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Bec! It feels weird saying that since my best friend is also non-binary and is also named Bec. Seems to be a somewhat popular name among trans people.

But hey, I'm not exactly one to talk. My name's Oliver.

Hey Oliver! I've actually known a few Olivers lmao. and nice, yeah Bec seems to be pretty common when I bounce around online, it's a little weird but not really.

I always feel like that same hat meme comic when I see someone with the same name online.

It really all comes down to what people prefer to label themselves as.
This^^^^^^^ I define myself as pan, but if someone is bi and likes their own and all other genders but wants to be called bi, call them that. And when I define myself as pan don't call me bi. It's all preference, just respect people's preferred terms for everything, sexuality, gender, just I mean, just call someone what they want to be called, easy peasy.

Started wearing necklaces again recently. Got nothing but compliments from it, which is nice. Being around people who constantly belittle you for any traces of femininity make small things like wearing necklaces or wearing a bit of make-up feel like a huge step forward.

Being gay is hard enough for my parents without anything else. They can't even call it gay, they just call me fruity, and my mother only ever acknowledges it if she's joking about something in the same breath. I think the worst thing is that she's 100% in-the-know about me being gay, but still makes awful gay jokes and talks about how much she hates weak men. It's almost like she's trying to tell me indirectly that she disapproves.

I don't know. Just needed to vent a little there.

Started wearing necklaces again recently. Got nothing but compliments from it, which is nice. Being around people who constantly belittle you for any traces of femininity make small things like wearing necklaces or wearing a bit of make-up feel like a huge step forward.

Being gay is hard enough for my parents without anything else. They can't even call it gay, they just call me fruity, and my mother only ever acknowledges it if she's joking about something in the same breath. I think the worst thing is that she's 100% in-the-know about me being gay, but still makes awful gay jokes and talks about how much she hates weak men. It's almost like she's trying to tell me indirectly that she disapproves.

Necklaces are a gendered thing there? wtf

I am so sorry your mom treats you that way. It makes me so angry :( Why can't parents (and everyone, really) just be accepting?? It's really bizarre that anyone could think love was wrong just because it's between the same gender. Wtf??

This is awful. My mom doesn't know I'm gay, but she knows and see plainly how much it bothers me when she jokes or makes disgusting remarks towards anything falling under the LGBT spectrum on tv or the news or anything. This is the main reason I've never come out to her, I dated people under her nose and she never caught wind though, which was cool I guess. I don't think I'll ever outwardly come out to her, but maybe someday in the future if I get a girlfriend I'll introduce her and maybe she'll wake up a bit.

One of my exes posted himself wearing a very "feminine" necklace on facebook and it made me happy, it was a mother of pearl butterfly on a silver chain, super pretty! I wish people were more open-minded. I don't know why only women should be allowed to wear make-up and pretty jewelry. Even dresses skirts and heels. Sucks even worse being it that most of those things weren't gender inclusive in history but we still shame people for using them today...

what is non binary

What is non-binary? For real?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Only thing I'm going to answer cause it seems like you're trying to start stuff on here, a pescatarian is someone who only eats vegetables and fish, basically a "fish-atarian."

Ah. Thank you KaydeeKrunk.

Makes sense. I was so confused. :blush:

- - - Post Merge - - -

#lovewins we did it!

I remember when the SCOTUS ruled in favor of same-sex marriage.

I posted on Facebook saying how the supreme court is not the supreme being.

I was in my Christian homophobic phase.

I regret it 110%!

Last edited:
This is awful. My mom doesn't know I'm gay, but she knows and see plainly how much it bothers me when she jokes or makes disgusting remarks towards anything falling under the LGBT spectrum on tv or the news or anything. This is the main reason I've never come out to her, I dated people under her nose and she never caught wind though, which was cool I guess. I don't think I'll ever outwardly come out to her, but maybe someday in the future if I get a girlfriend I'll introduce her and maybe she'll wake up a bit.

One of my exes posted himself wearing a very "feminine" necklace on facebook and it made me happy, it was a mother of pearl butterfly on a silver chain, super pretty! I wish people were more open-minded. I don't know why only women should be allowed to wear make-up and pretty jewelry. Even dresses skirts and heels. Sucks even worse being it that most of those things weren't gender inclusive in history but we still shame people for using them today...

Yeah people should be totally open-minded :( My sister came to me once and said, "I don't know what I'd do if my daughter turns out to be a lesbian." And I was so pissed. I said, "I'd just love her," with the snarkiest tone ever. Ugh. my niece was 3 or 4 at the time and my sister was super concerned because she didn't like dresses or whatever. Seriously??? So what if she turns out gay. And not liking dresses doesn't mean someone is gay!

And I agree, fashion shouldn't be gender-based. In fact, back then, lots of men wore make up and heels actually was mens fashion in the beginning, not women's. But all of a sudden, a man who wears jewellery or anything "feminine" by today's standards is a sissy gay weakling. Like NO. Let people be how they wanna be, what is so hard to understand about that?

Yeah people should be totally open-minded :( My sister came to me once and said, "I don't know what I'd do if my daughter turns out to be a lesbian." And I was so pissed. I said, "I'd just love her," with the snarkiest tone ever. Ugh. my niece was 3 or 4 at the time and my sister was super concerned because she didn't like dresses or whatever. Seriously??? So what if she turns out gay. And not liking dresses doesn't mean someone is gay!

And I agree, fashion shouldn't be gender-based. In fact, back then, lots of men wore make up and heels actually was mens fashion in the beginning, not women's. But all of a sudden, a man who wears jewellery or anything "feminine" by today's standards is a sissy gay weakling. Like NO. Let people be how they wanna be, what is so hard to understand about that?

Pirates and army men wore jewelry so someone would have funds to bury them, like that's hella macho, but no, jewelry is "girly" SMH

I don't consider fashion to be gender-based at all, but apparently it is to my family.

I just feel very oppressed, and I don't really like feeling that way ever. I always try and be as open and honest as people to everybody that I meet and take no prisoners, so to speak, but it's really hard to keep that level of confidence and strength when something as simple as a necklace, bracelet, or even some bloody perfume can send people wild.

I remember a few months ago I seen this jacket. It was a faux leather one, with a beautiful floral imprint on it. Had enough money to buy it, and my friends kept pushing me to do it, but I couldn't because I knew I'd be dragged to hell if I ever wore it, so I never got it.

I have no issues with my gender at all. Like, I enjoy feminine things and wearing feminine jewellery and maybe someday clothes to a small degree, but if my sexuality of all things is not gonna be acknowledged, nothing else will, surely. My mother has mentioned several times that if I don't wanna marry a woman, I'm better off staying single completely, forever.

Last edited:
I don't consider fashion to be gender-based at all, but apparently it is to my family.

I just feel very oppressed, and I don't really like feeling that way ever. I always try and be as open and honest as people to everybody that I meet and take no prisoners, so to speak, but it's really hard to keep that level of confidence and strength when something as simple as a necklace, bracelet, or even some bloody perfume can send people wild.

I remember a few months ago I seen this jacket. It was a faux leather one, with a beautiful floral imprint on it. Had enough money to buy it, and my friends kept pushing me to do it, but I couldn't because I knew I'd be dragged to hell if I ever wore it, so I never got it.

I have no issues with my gender at all. Like, I enjoy feminine things and wearing feminine jewellery and maybe someday clothes to a small degree, but if my sexuality of all things is not gonna be acknowledged, nothing else will, surely. My mother has mentioned several times that if I don't wanna marry a woman, I'm better off staying single completely, forever.

I think you're better off without people like that. I know it's your mom, but it's taking away from who you are. I hope one day you will be able to express yourself 100% without having to think about what others, especially your mom, will say about it. If something makes you happy and feel good about yourself, nothing should stop you. I would march back to that store and buy that damn floral jacket and rock it proudly.

Hey I'm really glad that you're an ally and everything but why post in the LGBT thread if you aren't LGBT? It's kinda weird for a cis straight person to be in a place where LGBT people can share their experiences together. If you had a friend you were concerned about or something I'd get it but otherwise it's kind of offputting and I'm just wondering what your intents are.

Like again I'm glad you support us but in being an ally you should also respect LGBT spaces. I know a thread on an animal crossing forum isn't comparable to say an actual LGBT club but it's something.

I think you're better off without people like that. I know it's your mom, but it's taking away from who you are. I hope one day you will be able to express yourself 100% without having to think about what others, especially your mom, will say about it. If something makes you happy and feel good about yourself, nothing should stop you. I would march back to that store and buy that damn floral jacket and rock it proudly.

Thanks for the kind words. Nice to know there are non-LGBT people out there supporting us.

Hey I'm really glad that you're an ally and everything but why post in the LGBT thread if you aren't LGBT? It's kinda weird for a cis straight person to be in a place where LGBT people can share their experiences together. If you had a friend you were concerned about or something I'd get it but otherwise it's kind of offputting and I'm just wondering what your intents are.

Like again I'm glad you support us but in being an ally you should also respect LGBT spaces. I know a thread on an animal crossing forum isn't comparable to say an actual LGBT club but it's something.

Oh.. sorry. I didn't know it was an LGBTQ only thread >.< I just read the last page and saw people discussing what people's sexuality was if they were dating someone transgendered. Like if they were bi, or gay. I thought I'd join in. It never said in the title that it was only for LGBTQ members. It says discussion and support and I figured I thought it was just for people who supported LGBTQ folks? But okay, since I'm making people uncomfortable I'll go! I didn't know I was being disrespectful by trying to show my support..

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm just wondering what your intents are.

Yeah, I don't even know what you meant by that, but anyway. I'm leaving.

Last edited:
Oh.. sorry. I didn't know it was an LGBTQ only thread >.< I just read the last page and saw people discussing what people's sexuality was if they were dating someone transgendered. Like if they were bi, or gay. I thought I'd join in. It never said in the title that it was only for LGBTQ members. It says discussion and support and I figured I thought it was just for people who supported LGBTQ folks? But okay, since I'm making people uncomfortable I'll go! I didn't know I was being disrespectful by trying to show my support..

It's seemed to be all actual LGBT people from the time I've been here at least.

I tried to be as nice as possible with wording but in my experience, when someone who isn't LGBT comes into a LGBT space a lot of the time they speak over LGBT people and/or want ally points. From your posts on this whole forum in general you don't seem like a malicious person at all but it still made me cautious and made me wonder why you were here, because of what I've just mentioned.

Also side-note, transgender people are just called transgender without the -ed!

I find it kinda disheartening that anyone would consider a straight person showing support for gay people disrespectful, honestly. Surely it's a positive thing that everybody can come together to share purely positive thoughts and attitudes. To describe it as an intent sounds almost malicious.

But anyway, thanks for the kind words, everyone, straight or gay.

It's seemed to be all actual LGBT people from the time I've been here at least.

I tried to be as nice as possible with wording but in my experience, when someone who isn't LGBT comes into a LGBT space a lot of the time they speak over LGBT people and/or want ally points. From your posts on this whole forum in general you don't seem like a malicious person at all but it still made me cautious and made me wonder why you were here, because of what I've just mentioned.

Also side-note, transgender people are just called transgender without the -ed!

Oops, I usually do use transgender in person, but for some reason, I thought it looked grammatically correct with the -ed in that moment that I was typing it >.< Sorry!

I don't care about ally points.. What would that gain me really? I know what I support and I don't just support LGBTQ rights just to get brownie points with whoever. I piped in because I found it ridiculous that some people would think a straight woman liking a trans man makes them a lesbian. Like in my point, I still consider myself straight because I consider trans men as male. And I just wanted to throw support in the way of some that seemed to need it. It was 100% genuine. But like I said, I understand if you're uncomfortable with straight people in here, then I will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back