Just out of curiosity: Your opinion about this leak

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Okay, normally, I'm a person who is really sceptical when it comes to leaks. However,
since I kinda get boring of the wait of getting finally official informations from Nintendo,
I thought I would just take a closer look to all these supposed to be leaks that are out
there of the upcoming game, as it is actually fascinating to read them. And since a few
users here already shared leaks, I thought I would share also one, just because I'm
curious to hear your opinion of what you think about this one. Just to let you know:
I do not believe in this leak, like I said, I'm sceptical when it comes to leaks.

Okay, here a little note: The leak comes from a person on Twitter, who just make a
account there to share his informations about a Direct that is supposed to be coming
out this week on January 17th, Nintendo would announce it tomorrow on the 15th.

Here is a screenshot of his Animal Crossing leak. Again, take this with a lot of salt,
I only share this because I would like to hear your opinion on it (the name of the
user got removed btw):

View attachment 223242

Honestly, this leak doesn't sound that bad at all, actually kinda good? If something
like this would be in the new game, I would enjoy it.

Last edited:
This is probably my favourite leak I’ve read so far! I love the idea of the city being back and expanded on, and the landscaping shop sounds great. I think if I could choose a leak to be true, this would be it

Favorite leak so far but it's more than likely fake.

Most of this just seems like things you would obviously expect from a game on a stronger console, and includes things they've openly admitted to wanting to add back/improve upon.

There's also already an AC character named Sebastian (called Pierce in some regions) the eagle in the game. So I doubt they would add a new character with a matching name.

Amiibos are an obvious thing also.

I'm gonna say it's a fake leak and no one should listen to it.

Last edited:
This is the only leak that isn?t like the rest. Garbage is the word I?m looking for. No I?m not calling this leak garbage.

If they make the gimmick of the game to develop a town from the start with no villagers, just the special characters you meet when you first start a town in New Leaf, and build up as the days go by, I expect the title to be called:

Animal Crossing: Ground Up.

Note: That is NOT the official title name, it?s what I expect the title name would be called. And if it actually is called that I?d be shocked!

I would prefer to not be the mayor anymore, and for the game to not have stuff locked behind amiibos, but I guess it is too much to ask for. A bigger town is a given, anyways. Though, personally, I hope for the option to decide how big my town is.

Last edited:
This is the only leak that isn’t like the rest. Garbage is the word I’m looking for. No I’m not calling this leak garbage.

If they make the gimmick of the game to develop a town from the start with no villagers, just the special characters you meet when you first start a town in New Leaf, and build up as the days go by, I expect the title to be called:

Note: That is NOT the official title name, it’s what I expect the title name would be called. And if it actually is called that I’d be shocked!

I really like that idea of develop a town from the start without any villagers. That would be something
where you can make the perfect town of your choices. I would enjoy it if the new game would be like
this. (The name sounds nice btw!)

Honestly......Nintendo did announce something going on the 17th, and they did announce it today, so that's true. I was really hoping they would get rid of the mayor role in favor for something different, but maybe they'll keep it. I'm so so excited to hear about this Sebastian character because I love badgers and I think he'd be super cute.....

Honestly......Nintendo did announce something going on the 17th, and they did announce it today, so that's true. I was really hoping they would get rid of the mayor role in favor for something different, but maybe they'll keep it. I'm so so excited to hear about this Sebastian character because I love badgers and I think he'd be super cute.....

Source? Because I'm not finding anything...

Source? Because I'm not finding anything...

Yeah, found nothing here either. All I found was some game releasing on the 17th. Nothing noteworthy.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1085235167420067841

Looked at a couple of old tweets and it seems Nintendo announces Directs at 14:00 GMT. We're long past that time today so I really don't think we're getting a Direct announcement for now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tuesday the 15th is today, not Thursday the 17th, and 11:30 EST is in the past.

Last edited:
I've been trying not to get super hype over leaks but I would like something like this. I didn't mind being the mayor, and I would love to kind of build up my town to get it how I want it before I start a bunch of PWP's. Moving villager houses would be great! I'm hoping there will be more shops added and maybe the options to go visit the city again.

the person who posted this already said it was fake so, yeah, its fake case closed

This is the only leak that isn?t like the rest. Garbage is the word I?m looking for. No I?m not calling this leak garbage.

Note: That is NOT the official title name, it?s what I expect the title name would be called. And if it actually is called that I?d be shocked!

I'd love a game where you actually found the town and build it up from scratch 😍 It would save a lot of trouble resetting for good building placement and clearing out unwanted villagers who're there from the start. Having to uproot and replant all the trees and flowers would probably still be an issue, but maybe there'd be easier ways to do it if that was the purpose of the game.

Back