• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

so last night I'm throwing my latest boxes of non-shiny Charmander onto Wonder Trade, and got this:

View attachment 18149

I think the Universe is laughing at me... But thanks Cj, whoever you are!

Zubat was my brother's first shiny and he got it back in FireRed. He was only 8 at the time, so he thought his game was glitched, but I explained to him that it was a rare shiny Pokemon, and he got all excited about having a rare Pokemon.

Nice! When I was first getting into Pokemon, I read somewhere online that someone had found a green Zubat in one of the Sevii islands (the one with the ice cave) in FireRed. I spent several hours there and figured he was lying XD Only later I found out about shinies :3

Last edited:
Ryu's more of a male name though, isn't it?

And that's hilarious, Dizzi Paradise!

Well, I guess so... Meh, your decision...

And, onto Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving!

Lastly, operation Zubat Storm's prize has been claimed!

Last edited:
OK, I've posted this on the other forum:

With Scribbler's permission, I'm cross-posting this over here as well as on the Shiny Hunters thread on TBT.

Christmas is the shiniest seaon of the year, and it's less than a month away. What better way for Pokemon fans to celebrate than by having a Secret Shiny Santa Swap?

If you'd like to participate, we'll need:

Your Friend Code
Your in-game name
Your "dream" shinies if you have any (up to 6)
The shinies you'd rather not get (up to 6)
Your favourite Pokemon type (up to 3)
Your least favourite Pokemon type (up to 3)
Are you happy for your shiny Pokemon to have a nickname? If you have a specific name, or theme for a name (eg Christmas, Star Wars, Flowers) in mind, I'll need that too.

I will pair people up and PM each person's list (but not the FC) to their partner. That then gives everyone an idea of what to look out for for their partner without revealing who the partners actually are. Let me know either here or on TBT when you have caught/hatched the shiny for your partner so I can mark that on the list. Then, on the designated day (and I would suggest a few days before Christmas Day, as people will be busy), I send out the FCs and you guys take it from there. This means that everyone gets to trade the actual shiny.

If the swap hasn't been completed within a couple of days, let me know and "angels" will step in and provide spare swaps. If I haven't heard from you that you have obtained your shiny for the swap, you will be removed from the list I've done enough swaps like this to know that life happens, people drop out or forget and I don't want someone doing all the work only to find that their partner hasn't bothered. So we'll be needing some "angels" to volunteer.

SV-ed, chain fished, MM-ed shinies are all allowed. You don't get to specify gender, level, egg moves, IVs or anything like that, and if your entire dream list consists of legendaries we might have to re-think your participation. The point of this is not to get a specific shiny, but to get a shiny surprise Christmas present. There are NO GUARANTEES on anyone getting anything from their dream list, but we'll try at least not to give out Pokes on the don't want list. This is meant to be fun, and provide a shiny Pokemon with memories attached of a fun time, not a way for people to fill their shiny want list.

Scribbler is going to create a Google doc and I will post the link here so everyone who wants to participate can add their details and then add the name of the shiny Pokemon they've obtained. Final deadline dates for adding your details, naming your found shiny and for the trade to be complete to follow.

Should I create a new thread here as well, or would that be frowned on?

Last edited:
I'd say make a new thread for this so people see it

Last edited:
I will make a new thread then.

Thanks for all the comments about my new shiny Zubat guys. To continue the "Universe is laughing at me" theme, it turns out that one of the Bunnelby I also received last night has 5 perfect IVs. The mind boggles... I mean, is Diggersby really good enough to breed competitively?

Totally randomly I just caught my first shiny ever that wasn't part of the storyline, Red Gyrados in Soul Silver, or a give away from Gamestop.

Say hello to my very first shiny!

20131127_234300.jpg

Just got a shiny male espurr =D

(would sure love to swap him for a shiny female counterpart though!)

So I was on route 16 trying to catch a shiny skorupi (I always have insane luck there) when I broke my chain. So I just started messing in the grass thinking 'Wow you know what shiny I'd HATE to have pop up in place of one I really want? A weepinbell.'

Guess what freaking shows up next?

Just got a shiny male espurr =D

(would sure love to swap him for a shiny female counterpart though!)

Ooh! I would love to see a shiny Male Meowstic (I've been searching forever now...). Please, post a picture when you get the evolution.

I'll do you one better. Shiny male AND female meowstic pictures! Side by side even!
shinymalefemalesmeowstic.jpg

sorry about the quality.. my cell still sucks.

Last edited:
I'm currently on the hunt for a shiny ralts. unfortunately I'm up to 80 eggs and still no luck.

Back