• For our final bonus event, answer 18 challenging questions in The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Quiz! Submit your answers by Saturday, August 31st at 11:59 PM EDT to earn anywhere from 0 - 9 extra tickets and throwback tickets. Good luck!

JJ's Weekly Game Rant

JJRamone2

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Welcome to the first weekly "JJ Game Rant"

This week Ill be covering the new law that Arnold Schwartsenager(sp) is trying to pass in california to stop people under 18 from renting and buying "violent games"

Okay, first of all how are the people in california suppost to classify
which games would be considerd violent and what about games with minor violence like say, Tak? Are they just going to trust ESRB on wheather games are violent or not? I dont know if i'm the only guy who feels this way but ESRB has amde some bad calles in the past.

Secondly it would be stupid to pass this law thinking that it'll make a difference. I mean people could order them from other places in america or they could just get their parents to buy them a game with so-called "violence".

Thirdly: This law probably wont get passed because it goes againsed the 1st ammendment. Only parents can decide which games/movies their children are okay to play/watch, the government cant control that.

Final Thoughts:
Arnold is an idiot, chances are this law wont get passed, and parents can come in handy when trying to get a game.

;)

Agreed, JJ. I don't think that the government should decide things like this - It's all about the parents. It is THEIR choice whether or not they let their kids play violent videogames, and it should stay that wat.

Bulerias said:
Agreed, JJ. I don't think that the government should decide things like this - It's all about the parents. It is THEIR choice whether or not they let their kids play violent videogames, and it should stay that wat.
yeah, it's the parents choice on how to raise their kid, not the government

I agree that parents should make the decision on what games are suitable for their kids.The goverment should not overpower the parents.
I also agree that ESRB has been making some bad rating decisions.Like for instance, SSBM is rated T.Why?Who knows.SSB was rated E, what's so bad about Melee?They even censored the Donkey Kong theme!

But I don't really think this is a problem considering kids under the age of 17 can't rent or buy games rated M in the first place...

YesManJr's_Cohort said:
I agree that parents should make the decision on what games are suitable for their kids.The goverment should not overpower the parents.
I also agree that ESRB has been making some bad rating decisions.Like for instance, SSBM is rated T.Why?Who knows.SSB was rated E, what's so bad about Melee?They even censored the Donkey Kong theme!

But I don't really think this is a problem considering kids under the age of 17 can't rent or buy games rated M in the first place...
well its rated T for
Mildvilence MILD???? WHY IS IT RATED T THEN???
and Comic Mischief
i remeber reading the paper with what all the things mean and that was something about animated people fighting and you can tell its fake.
:| so why is it T??
and for the law, bul said was was spreading to michigan >_< it better not

YesManJr's_Cohort said:

im talkin stoping kids under 18 from renting TEEN games

All these *censored* (Jack Thomson, Arnold S.) are trying to take over the economy. This is downright going past the 1st ammendment, and this should be stopped at once, second of all, video gaming is too big of an economy to just take down.

:p

JJRamone2 said:
YesManJr's_Cohort said:

omg.... what???????????? :mad: NO!!! and its going to be where I live if bul is right >_<

Talk about ineffective...More and more people are renting over the internet(ex.-gamefly), which takes away the hassle of having to get the game from (Blockbuster, for example) and then having to bring it back....what's Arnold gonna do, check everyone's mail too?

DarthGohan1 said:
Talk about ineffective...More and more people are renting over the internet(ex.-gamefly), which takes away the hassle of having to get the game from (Blockbuster, for example) and then having to bring it back....what's Arnold gonna do, check everyone's mail too?
game fly sucks, it takes like 4 days to get the game

JJRamone2 said:
YesManJr's_Cohort said:

Okay, now that's just too much. :mad:

Back