• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Island of Redwood

Island/Town Name
Redwood
Hemisphere
South
Native Fruit
Cherry
Native Flower
Mums

eseamir

festive water baby
Bells
Switch
2505-5233-5040
Island
Redwood
Yellow Candy
Spirit Candy: Wix
hi everyone!! I decided to finally make one of these so I can keep all my progress and a few photos in one place (although I don't know how often I'll update things on here haha)

I started my island a little over a month ago after putting off buying a switch because it felt like a Lot of money just to play animal crossing but I finally did it and I couldn't be happier with how my island is turning out!!

FB_IMG_1605820343926.jpg

it's got a bit of a rustic cottagecore vibe with a few little witchy elements, I've included some photos of my favourite places around town and will hopefully be able to add more as I go :)

FB_IMG_1605604522506.jpg

FB_IMG_1605604536600.jpg

FB_IMG_1605604518917.jpg

FB_IMG_1605604542497.jpg

FB_IMG_1605604545349.jpg

FB_IMG_1605604572652.jpg

FB_IMG_1605604568461.jpg

FB_IMG_1605604566023.jpg

FB_IMG_1605604944704.jpg

FB_IMG_1605604563470.jpg

Last edited:
I've spent a lot of time over the last day completely redoing the area around my museum (theres a photo of what it used to look like in my first post) and I'm so happy with how it turned out!!

FB_IMG_1606173238807.jpg

kiki was getting some fishing in today while the weather was nice, it's supposed to be rainy all day where I live irl so it's nice to have a bit of a break!

FB_IMG_1605604539622.jpg

haven't had a chance to post these over the last couple days, so here are some of my favourite shots I've gotten recently!

fauna was having a good time singing in the plaza the other night and thanks to the new reaction I was able to sit with beau and fang and listen for a while :)

FB_IMG_1606459359535.jpg

reneigh had a nice time relaxing by the new waterfall near her house

FB_IMG_1606459356755.jpg

I always catch beau wandering around sipping on some sort of drink, I wish I could join him!!

FB_IMG_1606459351103.jpg

I'm always catching fang somewhere around town with his nose in a book, it's one of my favourite things :)

FB_IMG_1606459353958.jpg

and this is currently the little mushroom fairy village that I've been working on recently!! it still needs a lot of work but it inspired me to run around barefoot for the evening haha

FB_IMG_1606459342821.jpg

Your island looks absolutely stunning!
Everything looks so cold and organised but cozy and natural at the same time, which has always been difficult to achieve but very effective when done right, especially with the log benches right beside the house and in front of the peach trees; the graphics only enhance how amazing it looks.
(Sidenote: I love that picture of Kiki fishing.)

Your island looks absolutely stunning!
Everything looks so cold and organised but cozy and natural at the same time, which has always been difficult to achieve but very effective when done right, especially with the log benches right beside the house and in front of the peach trees; the graphics only enhance how amazing it looks.
(Sidenote: I love that picture of Kiki fishing.)
thank you!! it's still a work in progress but I'm really happy with how its turning out!! I've got a DA in my signature if you ever wanted to stop by and have a look around :)

decided I didn't like my picnic blanket design anymore so hunted down a new one today and gave my little picnic area a bit of a makeover :)

FB_IMG_1606616443301.jpg

then I swung by the museum to go look at some of my new bug donations and found fauna there!! spent some time wandering around with her, she seemed to be enjoying herself quite a bit haha

FB_IMG_1606616440196.jpg

decided that I hated where I put my mushroom fairy village so I completely moved it to a different place (used to be an outdoor restaurant that ended up not working for me in the space) and I'm much happier with it now!!

FB_IMG_1606884778550.jpg

also I've been working on this little beach picnic area but I'm not 100% happy with how it looks, I'm trying to get the white kids tent because I think that would end up looking great on the beaches but I won't know if I would add it in here until I can see it

FB_IMG_1606884786586.jpg

I haven't spent much time playing/talking to people online recently because things have been so crazy busy!! but I have managed to carve out some time here and there to hop on and work on some of the little bits of my island that still needed some decorations!!

first up was tackling my bamboo forest which has been ignored basically since I plopped my bamboo down after visiting a bamboo mystery island early on in my game, it's a little bit cramped in some spots but I love how cosy it feels :)

FB_IMG_1607212724466.jpg

just above my bamboo forest is this little hidden picnic/stargazing spot, I've been layering my custom design blankets recently and I really love how it looks in places like this

FB_IMG_1607212721297.jpg

then I decided that i wanted to try and make a rock garden after seeing some of the really pretty ones people had posted on here :) it was surprisingly much easier that I expected it to be but that could also be due to the amount of custom designs I have all over the ground haha

FB_IMG_1607212718139.jpg

then finally after a lot of hard work I got to kick back and relax in my cute little overgrown beach area that I made recently (the toy day tents are perfect for along the beach!!)

FB_IMG_1607212714853.jpg

ooo I love all the greens here 💗 that overgrown beach is gorgeous and your rock garden looks lovely!

I also love all the picnic areas you've posted here, they look so peaceful and cozy

ooo I love all the greens here 💗 that overgrown beach is gorgeous and your rock garden looks lovely!

I also love all the picnic areas you've posted here, they look so peaceful and cozy
thank you so much!! I love making picnic spots, they're always so cute and atmospheric :) I'm hoping to eventually find some space for a little tea party set up but I've got a Lot of flowers around my island atm so who knows when I'll be able to try and fit it in haha

so I haven't really been doing a lot or major terraforming projects recently but the other day I decided that I really wanted to carve out a little secret passageway so it would be easier to get to my secret beach but I couldn't figure out what to put in the area I had made!! finally settled on a little tea party spot and I love how hidden away it is, like a fun surprise for anyone exploring :)

FB_IMG_1607767649287.jpg

I also caught fauna literally sitting in a puddle earlier today?? this cannot actually be an enjoyable way to eat ice cream???

FB_IMG_1607767659177.jpg

I've been doing a lot of little decorating recently and fitting decor and flowers and things into smaller spaces since a lot of the big areas on my island are already taken up, it's been really fun seeing things coming together

FB_IMG_1607818759697.jpg

FB_IMG_1607818755222.jpg

FB_IMG_1607818751999.jpg

I'm also finally starting to figure out what to do with my beaches!! most of them are such weird shapes it's hard to work with :/

FB_IMG_1607818748877.jpg

slowly figuring out what to do with beaches (they're one of the last areas I have to finish simply because I've been procrastinating due to their weird shapes and layouts!! 😭)

I decided to try and make a little outdoor beach picnic spot to fill this awful long and thin beach I have along the right side of my island

FB_IMG_1608672764064.jpg

and made a beach butterfly garden on another!

FB_IMG_1608672770824.jpg

FB_IMG_1608672773599.jpg

I also realised that I never posted a picture of my island map, I don't have one of how it looked when I first started but I can tell you that I've basically created all of the rivers and ponds from scratch (which was a Massive pain) and most of the cliffs as well

FB_IMG_1608672776084.jpg

I'll hopefully be updating my DA soon since it's been a really long time and I've done Lots of things around the island since then, I can't wait for people to be able to visit now that I'm nearly finished!! (for now haha)

Back