• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Is there Nook Mile Achievements for Collecting all the DIY's and Cooking DIY's?

KittenNoir

🖤 MEOW 🖤
Bells
Island
Cosa Bella
Star Glow Wand
Skull Glow Wand
Heart Glow Wand
Snowflake Glow Wand
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Sheep Plush
Mom's Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
I am going to try again and complete my nook mile achievements and wanted to know if there was a achievement to complete for collecting both the DIY's and the Cooking DIY's?

And if there is not any how do you know when you have collected all the DIY's?

I’m pretty sure there isn’t, unfortunately. I have all the cooking DIY, and am only missing some golden tool DIY. You get achievements for collecting DIY, both normal and food, but they max out well before you get them all.

I believe there are 924 total DIY in the game, so I think Nintendo didn’t actually expect us to get them all, lol.

Edit: As far as I’m aware there’s no prompt telling you you have gotten all the DIYs. You have to keep track yourself. It’s a bit disappointing, as the game acts like nothing happened. :/

I’m pretty sure there isn’t, unfortunately. I have all the cooking DIY, and am only missing some golden tool DIY. You get achievements for collecting DIY, both normal and food, but they max out well before you get them all.

I believe there are 924 total DIY in the game, so I think Nintendo didn’t actually expect us to get them all, lol.

Edit: As far as I’m aware there’s no prompt telling you you have gotten all the DIYs. You have to keep track yourself. It’s a bit disappointing, as the game acts like nothing happened. :/
It would of been cool if you complete them all in the nook achievements and get the little stamp on the post card.

924 DIY's in total?? Omg haha I didn't realize there was that many :)

That's a shame that you just got to keep track yourself if you have collected them all :(

During the first 3 weeks since 2.0 dropped, I actively bought and hunted the cooking recipes. After obtaining all of it, I got nothing... except bragging rights.

During the first 3 weeks since 2.0 dropped, I actively bought and hunted the cooking recipes. After obtaining all of it, I got nothing... except bragging rights.
Hahaha I have been visiting others islands trying to collect all the cooking DIY's and I swear I am so close to getting them all but I am not sure.

Do you know roughly how many cooking DIY's there is to collect?

There are 55 Savory and 55 Sweet recipes.
110? Yeah there is no way I am anywhere near collecting them all then

I wish there was a list like there is with the Critterpedia where you can see what DIY's you have learned and it just shows the item or meal.

110? Yeah there is no way I am anywhere near collecting them all then

I wish there was a list like there is with the Critterpedia where you can see what DIY's you have learned and it just shows the item or meal.
The way I did it, I copied a list of all the recipes and checked them off one by one to see which ones I still haven't found.

It is time-consuming, but better than nothing.

You got a good meal out of it.

I honestly don't know which diy I am missing for cooking or regular. I just happen to realize I want a certain diy and start looking for it opposed to actively searching for all of them. There are so many flower wreaths and crowns. I feel like I was getting so many more of those that I had no intention of crafting in the beginning of the game.

I use an app called ACNH.Guide which has been very helpful in keeping track. Not sure if it’s on android, but it is on iOS. You can keep track of your catalogue, reactions, DIY, etc.
The DIY section is a little weird though, it doesn’t just count if you have the DIY, but if you made it as well. My app says 919/1828 DIY, but I don’t keep track of what I craft so it’s actually 919/924 if that makes sense.
For a long time I thought there were 914 DIY, since 1828/2=914, however for some reason 10 DIY don’t have an option to say you crafted them.

It’s a very useful app, the way it counts is just confusing. I suggest not cataloging if you’ve made something or not, and just to remember that 924 is the actual number you’re going for.

Last edited:
I use an app called ACNH.Guide which has been very helpful in keeping track. Not sure if it’s on android, but it is on iOS. You can keep track of your catalogue, reactions, DIY, etc.
The DIY section is a little weird though, it doesn’t just count if you have the DIY, but if you made it as well. My app says 919/1828 DIY, but I don’t keep track of what I craft so it’s actually 919/924 if that makes sense.
For a long time I thought there were 914 DIY, since 1828/2=914, however for some reason 10 DIY don’t have an option to say you crafted them.

It’s a very useful app, the way it counts is just confusing. I suggest not cataloging if you’ve made something or not, and just to remember that 924 is the actual number you’re going for.
Thank you I will look into this :) I just find it annoying when I go to read a DIY and she shakes her head and says you already know this DIY haha :p

Back