• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Is anyone using the Happy Home Network? Or did they forget...

Bells
So after I unlocked the feature yesterday I visited a few places. You have to visit the places before you can vote on them. Lots of Japanese users made haunted houses multi level mansions, libraries, theatres, train stations etc.

I went and uploaded mine mid day yesterday, still no ratings this morning, are people simply not going online to see and vote? did they forget about the feature? it'd be nice see what people think... but I won't upload if it's not gonna be worthwhile. I'm not expecting much just something , anything :)

I wonder if people simply haven't built their 2nd facility yet or don't know how it works...I'm still figuring it out actually.

Last edited:
I forgot about it I actually haven't gotten that far in the game yet just because I have to work this whole weekend

it seems like a bunch of people that didnt have their settings on autoupdate didnt get or know about the online update yet.
so there's less people looking at houses, also everyone only just got the game (i haven't) so they will be building houses themselves too ^^ and there are tons being uploaded at the same time.. hard to see every house. another thing is that you can only directly visit houses for a particular animal if you already did their house in the game yourself. you can only go to other animals houses if you look at random houses or have a qr or code.
not everyone likes every animal, so they wont visit all .. but tomorrow someone who likes them might be looking at houses, you never know, have patience. ^^

give it a week or so till more people advanced in the game and theyll visit yours too eventually ^^
just do more animal houses till then, maybe expand the house and make it even prettier with new objects etc and reupload and visit other peoples houses.
although, you can post a screenshot with qr and address in the screenshot thread here too. someone might visit it that way ^^..
have fun and hope youll get some visits soon.

Last edited:
I've only gotten so far as doing Goldie's house. I'm going to try and take the game slow and not rush thru everything. But when I unlock the online feature, I will be visiting lots of places.

I figured as much. I'm surprised though about the update. in Nintendo fashion it won't let you play till you update, happens time all the time. At least for me lol!

it'll be a shame the first Official Nintendo design challenge will go unnoticed if that's the case. They've got one up for this week and voting October 1. Winners announced October 16. you get two new items to design with in the game. I believe they are from the sweet series.

Nope you visit properties not animals, animals in properties you see if they are there. I was visiting animals I hadnt seen in game yet. I ran into Mira and Timbra in a haunted maze, was supposed to be the school building. I saw all these awesome Japanese ones. Also someone had sliding doors you had to open to go between rooms, cool!

I've also set my designs to auto upload after being done. If you play with game options you find these things out. I've only done about 5 villager homes actually lol! you actually can use the dream code to see people's online too. You don't just need the QR, you have unlock QR capabilities from the book lessons haha.

and Thanks I hope so too! I made a cute paradise with the Statue of Liberty for Peanut in the middle of the ocean.
it's 0606- 7739- 824

Last edited:
Nope you visit properties not animals, animals in properties you see if they are there. I was visiting animals I hadnt seen in game yet.
that's not what i was referring to.. you can go to facilities as you mentioned and there might be visiting animals there if people have set them there before uploading their project. same goes for houses, the ones you see in the house are the ones that were set in the house before they uploaded it. so you might run into ones you havent done or seen yet, same with looking at the newest houses, which are random. so you might bump into a house for the 7-11 horse.
there is a another list tho where you can go straight to particular villagers... that only shows the ones you did houses for tho (or saw on your mainstreet as potential customers, not sure about that. atleast thats how it is in the japanese version..).

anyway.. have fun exploring and good luck with the design challenge..

Last edited:
it seems like a bunch of people that didnt have their settings on autoupdate didnt get or know about the online update yet.
so there's less people looking at houses, also everyone only just got the game (i haven't) so they will be building houses themselves too ^^ and there are tons being uploaded at the same time.. hard to see every house. another thing is that you can only directly visit houses for a particular animal if you already did their house in the game yourself. you can only go to other animals houses if you look at random houses or have a qr or code.
not everyone likes every animal, so they wont visit all .. but tomorrow someone who likes them might be looking at houses, you never know, have patience. ^^

give it a week or so till more people advanced in the game and theyll visit yours too eventually ^^
just do more animal houses till then, maybe expand the house and make it even prettier with new objects etc and reupload and visit other peoples houses.
although, you can post a screenshot with qr and address in the screenshot thread here too. someone might visit it that way ^^..
have fun and hope youll get some visits soon.

How do I ensure that I have mine setup for auto update? I just setup a nintendo ID in case I needed that to share and look at AC HHD homes online.

I don't think I've gotten that far yet. Maybe many people haven't either?

How do I ensure that I have mine setup for auto update? I just setup a nintendo ID in case I needed that to share and look at AC HHD homes online.
not sure, i dont have the game yet so can't check. that's just what i've been hearing... if your version is already 2.0 you're good, otherwise maybe check in the eshop if the update is available for download there. or check your eshop and system settings, i think you can select that your games update automatically. dont have my 3ds here right now.. just look around ^^
you dont need auto-update anyway...

not sure, i dont have the game yet so can't check. that's just what i've been hearing... if your version is already 2.0 you're good, otherwise maybe check in the eshop if the update is available for download there. or check your eshop and system settings, i think you can select that your games update automatically. dont have my 3ds here right now.. just look around ^^
you dont need auto-update anyway...

Your reply was very helpful, I am downloading ver 2.0 now. Thank you!

I accidentally hit "yes" to sharing one there, I had intended to unlock more things, and then share after I was satisfied with more houses before doing that. OH WELL!

that's not what i was referring to.. you can go to facilities as you mentioned and there might be visiting animals there if people have set them there before uploading their project. same goes for houses, the ones you see in the house are the ones that were set in the house before they uploaded it. so you might run into ones you havent done or seen yet, same with looking at the newest houses, which are random. so you might bump into a house for the 7-11 horse.
there is a another list tho where you can go straight to particular villagers... that only shows the ones you did houses for tho (or saw on your mainstreet as potential customers, not sure about that. atleast thats how it is in the japanese version..).

anyway.. have fun exploring and good luck with the design challenge..

hey thanks you too ^^

Also, if you search for something (a specific villager, for example), unrated houses don't show up until you've scrolled through a ton of already-rated ones first. So if you don't have any ratings, people are going to be less likely to find you, unless they're going through the 'new' designs, or are scanning in qr codes.

I've uploaded one house so far. I'm holding off until I unlock more stuff.

Jinglefruit made a great observation: since you can search homes by "new" uploads, he waits to upload his until it's either morning or after school time in Japan. Because of our time difference, sometimes we end up uploading stuff in the middle of the night and we're missing a huge potential audience that way. So changing the time at which you upload homes could also help a little.

I thought it was fun to look at the creations of others, there! Most were wonderful and I was surprised at how different their hospitals were than mine, and so on. My hospital is uploaded but as of bedtime last night, had not been rated. I haven't checked yet today.

I have been skipping over the Japanese houses entirely, because the game has been available for longer over there.

Last edited:
ive uploaded some homes and town buildings to the happy home network. whether anyone will see them though is another story, but since im not a famous youtuber, i dont expect anyone to see them.

Hey so I figured out that if you shut worldwide sharing off you will only see north america's creations. Otherwise you'll see way more Japanese creations before you see an American one. I went and rated a couple :)

Back