Crescent Moon Glow Wand
Star Glow Wand
Heart Glow Wand
Flower Glow Wand
Blue Mote of Flame
Orange Mote of Flame
Thunder Flame
Not sure if there's already a topic about it, but whatever :s

Anyway, anyone looking forward to the game? What do you think about the new powers? The new look for Cole?

I liked the look for Cole they showed in the E3 trailer, although i think the Cole they showed at PAX looks funny, weird looking so skinny. If they're gonna make him bald again give 'em his jacket back D=

About his voice, i think i miss his other voice :c

care to link to trailers?

loved the first one, though i blew through it (need one more blast shard D:<) for the most part.
epic climbing of buildings is epic.
I love how they took what they learned/built up in the sly cooper series, and added it to a free roaming third person shooter-ey game.

EXPLOSHUNS ERRYWHERE

so they are going with cole again/same timeline/storyline? I thought the first one ended pretty nicely/explained everything..
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">since, y'know.. he was kinda in a time loop, and it made sense as to why everything happened, except how he first got his powers if he never had them to begin with. paradoxes, ho!</div>

Thunderstruck said:
Psychonaut said:
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>my face when i saw destructible buildings/environments</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
1284863393547.png
</div>
i am pleased.
except for how cole looks/that his voice isn't the same. that sucks. :<

Psychonaut said:
Thunderstruck said:
Psychonaut said:
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>my face when i saw destructible buildings/environments</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
1284863393547.png
</div>
i am pleased.
except for how cole looks/that his voice isn't the same. that sucks. :<
I thought the version with hair was good, the bald one looks a little weird.

I really liked the first one, <div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">and the whole time paradox thing, I think it was that originally he did get psychic power, just later in life and a lot slower, he went back in time and got a device to give him powers, also explains why their powers appear so different. </div>

Anyway at PAX I did get to play a short demo :p Looking alright though not a huge improvement, we will have to see if the story proves me wrong ;)

Thunderstruck said:

Anyway, anyone looking forward to the game? What do you think about the new powers? The new look for Cole?

I liked the look for Cole they showed in the E3 trailer, although i think the Cole they showed at PAX looks funny, weird looking so skinny. If they're gonna make him bald again give 'em his jacket back D=

I dunno, I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to run around with a jacket on in a New Orleans type place. *censored.2.0* gets hot in the swamp. I didn't mind his E3 look, it's just tatoos and the fact he looked a lot younger just threw me off. Sad that the original VA isn't coming back but I guess that fine.

@Those saying 1 ended nicely
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Ya'll forget about the Beast? You know, the whole reason future Cole came back and made the Raysphere?</div>

@Psycho: Those goddamn blast shards. Hate those things and the ridiculous stunts/trophies.

This game is on the top of my want list. I'm looking forward to a more gray and gray morality system, as the previous one was:
A: EAT CHILDREN
B: SAVE ORPHAN PUPPIES FROM FIRE

And new voice actor: Yes.
He no longer sounds like a blender full of gravel!

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>@sporge</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">that makes sense, i just assumed his powers grew from what we played with to what the elder/villain cole had, whenever he got to a certain point in time/age.</div>
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>@tom</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">I thought/assumed that "the beast" was Cole, himself. he was the villain, y'know. i figured that his powers had grew, and he wanted to make sure that his younger self was morally straight, and could/would take him down.. for whatever reason. maybe the guilt he had in/of ruining/losing trish, and his friends/ones he loved. i got no clue.</div>

i haven't played it in months, and i rented it. luckily, my little brother borrowed it from a friend not but two days ago, a most. :p that last blast shard = mine.

edit: @ Jack, i loved the voice actor. he fit the character, who fit the game. just my own opinion. he wasn't very emotional/anything, but he fit the character, and left him as more of a "fitting the player" kind of person, i guess i'm trying to say. enough to move the story along, but not get involved through words/dialogue, instead going by/through actions.

and yeah, the karma system needs to be re-done, 4 srs. evil was way too easy :/

My thoughts on the Beast:
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
Beast=John
Makes sense to me. He's about two feet away from the Ray Sphere when it goes off, and it ties into the whole "Kessler tried to change things, but it didn't work" thing they've got going on with Cole being unable to defeat the Beast in the beginning of the new game, since Cole ended up creating the BEast by re-detonating the Ray Sphere.</div>

Tom said:
Thunderstruck said:

I dunno, I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to run around with a jacket on in a New Orleans type place. *censored.2.0* gets hot in the swamp. I didn't mind his E3 look, it's just tatoos and the fact he looked a lot younger just threw me off. Sad that the original VA isn't coming back but I guess that fine.

@Those saying 1 ended nicely
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Ya'll forget about the Beast? You know, the whole reason future Cole came back and made the Raysphere?</div>

@Psycho: Those goddamn blast shards. Hate those things and the ridiculous stunts/trophies.
Heh, yeah. But still, he looks like a stick.

@Jack: Holy crap, i never thought about that.

The morality system wasn't even always eat baby or save children from burning orphanage though... It was even things like shoot a guy being lynched down or not... you don't know what he did! May be he was a serial killer so releasing him would be pretty negligent on your part... I had problem with quite a bit of the "morality" really... How is choosing what your posters look like a moral choice? The evil ones just looked cooler, less war propagandist.

Sporge27 said:
The morality system wasn't even always eat baby or save children from burning orphanage though... It was even things like shoot a guy being lynched down or not... you don't know what he did! May be he was a serial killer so releasing him would be pretty negligent on your part... I had problem with quite a bit of the "morality" really... How is choosing what your posters look like a moral choice? The evil ones just looked cooler, less war propagandist.
could go into a whole topic about the death penalty.. but i'll leave it at, you either let the person have a second chance, or you leave them to die, by your hands.

the posters are a more solid thing, IMO. the blue/good ones are designed to make cole look like a hero/leader to the people, someone they know, can trust, while the red/evil ones were supposed to strike fear into the hearts of.. everyone. i guess you could say that some people would rather have that strong person fighting, and be afraid of them, but.. just how much do you trust that person with your life, if they're running around killing people/imposing their power.. right down the street/in front of you?

i have a feeling that karma systems are very hard to balance.. what with being forced to fight people/do most everything, and the only major choices have to tie in/come back to the same end, somehow.. i dunno.

it could've/can be done better, and hopefully it will. i'm not really in the state of mind to post a coherent wall of text @_@

Sporge27 said:
I dunno, but I got to the Pure Evil rank by the time I got to Warren by just chuckin Shock grenades everywhere. And then eating the lifeforce out of people and then doing it again! =D

Sporge27 said:
It wasn't presented that way, though. The game essentially made it out to be either "let him go" or "I don't want to worry about getting beaten up by the people who're hanging him." It could have been a greater issue like you said, but they made it out to be another "be nice" or "be selfish" situation. The posters was just an obvious karma choice. He even says right before you pick, "Do I want them to love me, or fear me?"

Back