• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

I’m a non-TTer thinking about TTing so I can kick a villager

I didn't want to TT as well, but when I got my forced camper, Huck I had to. I also wasn't in love with my starting villagers anyways. I didn't want to spend months with villagers I hated so I spent the first little while TT to kick out whoever I didn't want on my island and found villagers I love. :) It was really time consuming at the beginning, but I felt it was worth it in the end. I just changed the clock back to regular time and have been playing normally since.

I was tempted to but decided against it mainly because we are just 2 months in and I don't need to have all my favorite villagers right away.
I was lucky enough to get some amiibo cards of some of the villagers I love though and kind of want to leave a few spots open to cycle through more villagers and meet ones I wouldn't have had in previous games.
I do wish villagers would ask to move out more frequently though.
I really miss going Island hopping.

Hello! I also have a No TT rule for ACNH but made an exception when it comes to villager acquisition because otherwise, it would take me YEARS to get villagers I like in this game. I only TT’d to do the campsite method and acquire some dreamies and some decent villagers. Once I had a decent lineup, I went back to playing the game naturally without TT. I don’t feel guilty because while I was doing the campsite method, I stuck to TTing only within a month and just went back and forth as to not spoil the seasons. Also, I didn’t take advantage of other stuff like I didn’t get the DIYs, I didn’t even go to check the stuff from the stores and didn’t do any sort of town development so it still felt pretty natural to me. I literally didn’t do anything while TTing except for checking the campsite for visitors. So, it’s pretty much just like kicking someone out with amiibo but instead of scanning them in, I TT’d for a random camper.

There really is no consequence. Weed cleanup isn’t bad, Nook mile combos are easy to get back. I still got 2 villager pictures so far even when consistently TTing to move villagers.I have so many villagers that I love that I just love meeting villagers.

These replies have been very helpful, thank you again everyone. I think for the time being I'm going to not use the TT method because my brother sent me a video for a strategy without TTing:

Hopefully I have the patience to do this. I plan on saving up nook miles in the process so I can go villager hunting when he moves out.

It’s so hard to get em without time travel... I try not too as often as I did in other stuff, but I do when I need to progress bc I’m impatient as heck,, good luck getting them to move haha

Back