• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Ignoring an animal...

WeiMoote

Artist of Cute Stuff
Bells
Switch
8132-2122-8932
Winter Mittens
Holiday Candy Cane 2019
Isabelle
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
Happy Home Designer Token
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Orange (Fruit)
Dusty Scroll
Yellow Candy
An animal moved in FRONT of my path! I introduced myself to her, and ignored her, but she doesn't wanna leave!

...Do I have to introduce my mule characters to her, as well?

It's said that ignoring will take 7 days for the to leave, but I found that it can take up much longer. It also depends on other villagers. If they have thoughts of moving out the one you are trying to ignore won't move out. It might help if you introduce with another character since they won't move out if you haven't introduced yourself yet.

I've had 1 villager move out and he'd been pinging me countless of times to tell me he'd go. The other villagers rumoured that he was thinking of leaving so I never responded to him. Eventually I did talk and it turned out he already picked a date and started thinking of leaving 5 days prior to it. I was lucky though since talking might make them stay.

Last edited:
Okay, I introduced the path ruiner using my mules.

Ignore her, now?

I also had to her to them again, using my main...

Did I mess it up?

Last edited:
this doesn't work, i tried this so many times.
just befriend the animal that you want to move out.
your BFFs move want to move faster because they feel that they have already done everything they could in your town.

edit: moves are also random. but there's more of a chance that your BFF will ping than someone that you don't talk to as much.

Last edited:
^ yup like fl0ra said, the tried and tested method is to talk to befriend the character you dont like and ignore the ones that you do.

Sigh...

Time to bring out my inner Elmyra by killing her with love and affection...

this doesn't work, i tried this so many times.
just befriend the animal that you want to move out.
your BFFs move want to move faster because they feel that they have already done everything they could in your town.

edit: moves are also random. but there's more of a chance that your BFF will ping than someone that you don't talk to as much.

Yet all of my best friend villagers are happy in my town, I even received a letter from 2 so I'm close to obtaining their picture. In some days my 2nd villager will move out, I ignored both of them and never talked to them. So it works for me.

Honestly I don't think either ways work as well as I'd like them to... I've tried ignoring but I think it counts when they order coffee and I've tried befriending them - they take forever to move out either way but maybe that's just me, i don't know x3

I'm not sure WHAT to do!

I am highly tempted to move ahead a month or two!

ignore method has always worked for me. also, villagers try to move out more frequently if you have 10. for me, i get a villager asking to move every other day. so if you have 9 i suggest adopting one to get the process moving more quickly. good luck!

I heard when a villager moves in, your mayor cannot do the 'ignore' trick because they're stuck on some sort of "ladder" but that might be a misinterpretation.

I always see everybody trying to move out an animal and I'm over here like, "NO! You can't go!". I had two animals ask to move out in the same week. T_T I should stop being bffs with them so they can stay longer. lol

Last edited:
I think the 'keep your friends close but your enemies closer' method fully guarantees them to leave faster. Ignoring might be the better way since you don't have to interact with them.

The ignore method worked for me, but I honestly think who asks to move out is completely random. Now that I only have 3 villagers that I want out and have had since the beginning, the villagers who ping every 3 days or so to move are all in various levels of friendship.

ignore method has always worked for me. also, villagers try to move out more frequently if you have 10. for me, i get a villager asking to move every other day. so if you have 9 i suggest adopting one to get the process moving more quickly. good luck!

Gives me an excuse to adopt a Bella... I may try that trick.

Back